ImmacuNES III: Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy

If you really don't want to e-mail me, you can PM me but you'll be recieving your stats by e-mail. if this is impossible we may be in a bit of a pickle. Thats right, i said pickle.

If you really don't want to e-mail me, you can PM me but you'll be recieving your stats by e-mail. if this is impossible we may be in a bit of a pickle. Thats right, i said pickle.
I assume those are not all the rules then?

Accepting stats in Email is fine, but Emailing orders would stink :(

Why's that? I've always found email better, and its a lot easier for the moderator who can keep things better organised.

thats the thing. e-mails you can put into folders and stuff. PMs you have to delete every couple weeks just to stay on top of them. e-mail you can add attachments. PMs you can only direct to an image.

Ok, I'll try my best when I do start playing :p

Can Mana types be any we want? Can it be psychic powers (like telekinesis or mind control)?

There are 21 types of magic. Mind magic is one of them.

Magics Types include....

Spirit (controls people's mood)
Sun (Light)
Law (Doesn't really know what it does. Makes people more likely to obey you, I guess)
Creation (Creates stuff)
Life (Heal, destruction of undead, Resurrection)
Enchantment (Improves stuff, but does not give it new capabilities)
Earth (Elemental Force)
Water (Elemental Force)
Fire (Elemental Force)
Air (Elemental Force)
Nature (Controls trees, seeping poison)
Ice (Elemental Force)
Force (Force fields? No idea what this does)
Metamagic (I expect this to be corrupted now. So no idea what it does)
Death (Primarily used for controlling undead and "stealing" the dead from the Netherworlds)
Mind (Mind Control and Persuasion. No Telekinesis though. That would be air magic)
Chaos (...)
Entropy (Decay and rust)
Dimensional (Teleportation and summons)
Shadow (Deception and darkness)
Body (improvements to the body, like Haste)

Edit: Oh yeah, and there is also a god that represents each of these magic types. So no creating magic types :p

Ice: preservation, stasis, changelessness. Also COLD
Force: Balance, enforcement of deals, strengthening of bonds between people (I think). Not Magic Missile
Law: Judgement, laws, order.
Sun: Truth and counter-illusions as well as light
Metamagic: originally knowledge and the stuff behind magic (Aether or something)
Where does it say Oghma fell? All I found was him flooding his vault with forget-me-a-lot mist, not supporting Agares. He did the exact same thing in the Canon. The Archmage of Metamagic betrayed Perpie but that doesn't influence Oghma.

Yeah, but in this timeline, he (she?) got lost in her own mist of time and became the god of oblivon.

Edit: Oh, and strengthening the bonds between people is Amatheon's job, I believe (or was it Nantosuelta?). Dagda is the ultimate lawyer.

Also, Ceridwen was succesful in her raids on oghma's vault- much more so then in cannon Mammon's raid.

Oghma lost metamagic to ceridwen so now ceridwen has metamagic and dimensional.
Oghma has only a little bit of death, chaos and shadow. She is the weakest god (by far). (except succellos)

Earth (Elemental Force)- Tradition, loyalty, unchanging
Water (Elemental Force) Serenity, Peaceful meditation, depression
Fire (Elemental Force) Change, rebellion, overthrown governments
Air (Elemental Force) Playful chaos, adventurers, traveling, risk taking

Enchantment(Nantosuelta) is about bringing out inherent qualities in people and objects. This includes making people better, but drawing them together used to be Ceridwen's realm, which became unhealthy obsession.

Gah, somehow I missed this. I'f like to get in on this I'll send a faction info sometime soon.

Jolly Good then.

Wow. Suddenly I feel like entering as a gnome civ just for this litlte timbit (In three lanuages!):
O Gnomada!
Ô Gnomada!
ᐆ ᑲᓇᑕ! ᓇᖕᒥᓂ ᓄᓇᕗᑦ!
Our home and native land!
Terre de nos aïeux,
ᐱᖁᔭᑏ ᓇᓚᑦᑎᐊᖅᐸᕗᑦ.
True patriot gnomes in all thy sons command.
Ton gnome est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
ᐊᖏᒡᓕᕙᓪᓕᐊᔪᑎ,

(No, sure what the third version says)

Wow. Suddenly I feel like entering as a gnome civ just for this litlte timbit (In three lanuages!):
O Gnomada!
Ô Gnomada!
ᐆ ᑲᓇᑕ! ᓇᖕᒥᓂ ᓄᓇᕗᑦ!
Our home and native land!
Terre de nos aïeux,
ᐱᖁᔭᑏ ᓇᓚᑦᑎᐊᖅᐸᕗᑦ.
True patriot gnomes in all thy sons command.
Ton gnome est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
ᐊᖏᒡᓕᕙᓪᓕᐊᔪᑎ,

(No, sure what the third version says)

What the...

i'm pretty sure its inuit.

It is Inukitut, I just can't find a translation any were. Seems everbody uses the Wikipedia article, which just as a transliteriation:
Uu Kanata! nangmini nunavut!
Piqujatii nalattiaqpavut.
Angiglivalliajuti,
(The same section)

and we have official weekend in three hours, ten minutes... nine minutes...
first update's on the weekend right?

wait, the Inuit had a written language!?

Yep. Since the 18th century (It was inveted in part by missionars, who also imported the (then) new written cree to help). It's still used by about 35000 people.

In the year 1013, great Throal is the first to attempt to open its massive orichalium doors. The ball of earth has not, at this point, come to a stop but Throal’s leadership and scholars believe that Ceridwen’s heavens are distant enough that the Horrors will have already begun to flee back to their plane. There is also political reasons for their courage. They believe that the Patrians may have erred conservatively in their calculations so that they might be the first to return to the world and dominate it anew as they once did. Despite this they expect a legion of Horrors to beset them as soon as the wards are removed; they are not disappointed. With the gates still firmly in place but the ward strands just teased apart the tiniest fraction, already ghost-like wraiths with jackal-like heads slip between the aether and into the great kaer. The dwarves are ready and they manage to repel the invaders even as their pattern-weaver replaces the wards. The leadership of Throal realizes it is too early still.

In 1017, the ball of earth hanging suspended over magical water finally halts its fall and Throal sees this as a time to send a new expedition. Though they manage to open the gates, their first scouting party is destroyed within hours.

Their third attempt is in 1021; this one does not return either.

Every four years the great kingdom sends forth another scouting party and in 1033 the first returns. The party’s leader, Varalae the Troll reports that the Horrors are still present but they are fewer and less active. She identifies valleys where the remnants of Horrors huddle in large groups, muttering to themselves minor incantations and mnemonic aids to assist their concentration in staying in this plane just one more day. Occasionally she encounters more powerful Horrors who’s magicks are strong enough that they are able to easily remain in the plane and these she quickly flees from. What is most surprising is that instead of finding ash and dust, destruction and waste, the land has returned to fertility. There are scars of great damages but somehow they have healed. The great ancient forests are gone; in their place are much younger forests; the trees no older then 50-100 years. There are plants and animals, deer and fish. Wild sheep hide amongst the hills and horse roam the plains. Despite the great evil that lies all around them, occasionally staining the earth and its bounty with its corruptive influence, the land is full of fertility and new life.

King Varulus III is jubilant and commands the outfitting of the kingdom’s one remaining airship, the “Immaculate”. It is given the best magical protections they can provide. The dwarves train the most elite crew possible and, finally, offer Varalae command.

In 1034, the Immaculate makes its first voyage over a land finally freeing itself from the scourge. They battle flying horrors, horrific nightmares that claim mind and soul of the crew, but they make their way and explore the continent of Barsaive.

King Varulus III receives this report (amongst others).

We first sailed into the setting sun, always wary of the Horrors that might spot us amongst the clouds and set after us. For the most part we slipped past the worst, but many we had to face and we lost many of our marines in these attacks before being able to sail on. As we traveled westwards the remaining Horrors diminished and so to did the attacks. We had been given a map and a list of kaers we were to contact, many of them descended from the mighty Hippus tribes. As we explored one after another, we were constantly met with destruction and death. Entire cities and villages had succumbed to the Horrors and many of the kaers, due to the relative strength of magics therein compared to the countryside remained havens for the servants of the dark heavens. We fled quickly from these. We soon began to despair at finding any remaining survivors and fear visiting each new kaer on our list as time and again we found only evidence of broken wards and destruction.

Finally, in early winter of 1034, we found the first signs of life outside our own. A bustling village of humans was farming crops, mining ore. Spearmen, slingers ad an elite unit of swordsmen, personal guards to their leader guarded the small village. We approached fearing the worst but they soon proved untouched by the horrors. We soon found evidence of repeated skirmishes with the creatures; many of their spearmen were wounded and recovering. So too their slingers. Their villagers were descendents of a minor city state called Palitanate and they had managed to retain their name. Before the scourge they had been enamored by the power of the Patrians and they had sought to emulate them by finding magical tombs and secrets and mastering them. It is this that allowed them to construct powerful wards and prevent the Horrors from breaching their gates. They maintain their quest for knowledge and secrets and an order, the scions, have arisen to guide this quest. We were unable, I am afraid, to meet their leader Isidor prior to having to leave but the villagers spoke of him with almost religious awe.

From there we crossed the deserts and headed south where we discovered one wrecked kaer after another. At one point, on the slopes of an unnamed hill, we came to the doors of a kaer that had been un-breached. We approached cautiously and noticed their were horrors staring blankly at the wards that decorated the massive vault doors. It was obvious that they had been caught in concentration traps and had probably stood staring at the wards for hundreds of years. We easily slew the mind-trapped horrors and attempted to make contact with the kaer inhabitants. There was no answer. We left two of our crew with some supplies and carrier pigeons to await the opening of the kaer. May Killmorph watch over them.

Again we turned into the setting sun and found multiple corrupted kaers, at the site of the Hippus capital kaer we found only blood and bones, the men and women who had hid therein had been slain long ago. We sought to learn more and quickly found shuffling undead, the spirits of the Hippus trapped in their long-dead corpses within its depths. Fleeing, we again headed west.

On the great western isthmus of our continent we found first the blasted gates of kaer Nozkam Legon, and latter their struggling village, nearly 100 miles further west from their original kaer site. Where once the people had been dwarven from our own great city, they had merged with a smaller troll kaer and somehow managed to survive the scourge. We landed, made contact and took on supplies. Apparently their kaer had been breached fairly early and they had fought a running battle, learning to tunnel with desperate intensity through solid rock like the earth goddess herself. They also learnt to weave temporary wards of protection to buy them one more day, one more week, one more month of tunneling, of fleeing. This lifestyle continued for more than three centuries, with occasional stops, five years here, a decade there, as headway was made. But always the sounds of falling stone barriers would return, and the clan fled again. Quite accidentally, they eventually broke through into the kaer of another group, these one trolls. In the great Kor Etom, Cavern of Sacrifice, much of the remaining population was crushed when the miners purposefully collapsed a great cavern the dwarves and trolls fought the Horrors in. The two tribes merged and again the desperate digging continued. Eventually they made their way to the surface, just as the earth and water clock stopped its drop. There, they are led by Ibruk Tilat-Etom, “Son of Sacrifice” and for almost 18 years they have fought periodic raids from the Horrors until now they have managed to gain some uneasy foothold in the hills of the Isthmus, growing wild corn they have domesticated.

Further west still we encountered the Khardush, descendents of orcish colonists from Cara Fahd. Our history books remind us that in ancient times it is this tribe who was able to bring down a Patrian war-ship with only well-timed grappling hooks and determined axemen. Patrian governors had been forced to reckon with the orc tribe on their own terms and in trade they had supplied the Khardush with the secrets of a great kaer rune. This had survived the scourge and as we approached, the first of the tribe was just exiting from their kaer. They are led by twin priests, one the ‘Most Fertile Daughter’ and the other the ‘Strongest Son’. Years of isolation has bred an interesting dichotomy between the genders amongst these orcs. The males are encouraged to warfare and aggression and the females to fertility and care-giving. Each gender is dedicated to a separate god whom they serve very differently. Despite repeated attacks by the Horrors, we can witness that their ‘Strongest Son’ personally slew thousands of the creatures with the ‘Son’s Axe’, a mighty weapon that imbues its wielder with great strength, battle prowess and fury. The future of this tribe is unknown; they may trade with us or they may raid us. Already they are growing strong and plentiful on wild cows they have domesticated. We best be careful my great king.

Captain Varalae then commanded that we turn the ‘Immaculate’ north to seek her brothers and sisters amongst the twilight peaks. We arrived in spring to find more devastation and destruction. If there was a surviving kaer amongst those shattered peaks we did not find it. The captain was visibly upset for weeks but the first mate managed the situation well and we turned eastward and on the most northern of the great northern isles we found a surviving group of trolls who called themselves the Tabba Ghut.

As we arrived they were under threat of attack by an horror-corrupted great wyrm- a flying creature of magical ice and cold. They had already lost their regiment of spearmen and looked to soon lose their javelin skirmishers but for the quick thinking of the captain. We charged the great beast directly, unleashing all our fire magic that we could as we went. Finally, wounded the great beast fled.

We were welcomed as heroes in the troll village and our hosts were very eager to provide us with fresh food and supplies. The trolls are adept shepherds and for weeks we feast on delicious mutton. We learnt that the Tabba Ghut had had to give over caverns and tunnels to the Horrors as they penetrated deeper but had eventually stopped their advance and settled in a state of some stability. King Varulus III, you will not like to hear this but the Tabba Ghut traditionally, and continue to, keep slaves, many of them humans experiences in magicks, engineering and building. I provided them with a relevant copy of your ‘council compact’:

We have shown that rights to property are a necessary good for an orderly society. What of the issue of slavery, the ownership of another person?

Persons can certainly be considered property. But who owns a person? Our common sense dictates that the spirit born into the body owns the body. That spirit contains its movement, its thoughts, its actions. The spirit makes active use of the body it owns. Our language supports this view — an evil spirit who inhabits and controls a body is said to have “possessed” the body; this possession is seen as unnatural. The evil spirit has stolen the body from its rightful owner.

Slavery removes the control of an individual’s body from its natural spirit to the slaveowner. This transfer is made without compensation to the spirit, the true owner of the body. Involuntary servitude also steals the body. It is a crime.

Their clan leader, Mogag the Ironwill, didn’t seem impressed but perhaps they will come around to our way of thinking. I shudder to think of the Tabba Ghut as the new crystal raiders but this time allied to the Patrians and enemies to our philosophies.

From the northern isles we turned south-east, passing close to the great gates of Throal on our way eastwards. Many dwarven, orcish and human kaers lay devastated in the great hills and mountains but one kaer, that of the orcish Uld’ur had survived. Previously they had been several squabbling tribes but centuries of isolation had united them and turned their leadership form petty bickering warlords to religious leadership. After speaking with these people, it seems that they found a great statue deep within their caverns and tunnels, an idol of immense power. They called the idol Il’Javaskar and loyalty to it brought its priests health and virility. Faith could also be used to strike the unfaithful with… they did not say. I am not sure if they were threatening us at the time but now I think they merely wished to protect their secrets. Today the burgeoning village is ruled by the High priest, a man named Muldar Edoris. He is a promising ally and values mathematics, literacy and faith. Like us, they have found wild wheat to domesticate. Unfortunately, they have been repeatedly attacked by the armies of a determined Horror warlord and their army, though posed to expand their influence, has suffered severe losses. We may wish to assist them in an attempt to gain their friendship and loyalty.

Further east, across the great bay, we first smelled the cooking fires then spotted the village of the Achatin. These are united dwarven and gnomish people led by a gnomish demagogue of extraordinary persuasion and charisma by the name of Sharad. The dwarves and gnomes had managed to survive through cooperation and mutual interdependency and despite some set-backs seem to be thriving. This may be in part due to their plate-clad infantry, the Guardians of Achat who though they have lost many a member to the Horrors, have been largely successful in their confrontations. Like the Khardush, they have found and domesticated wild cows and already their beef industry is thriving.

In the great south-eastern forests, which seem to go on forever, we saw more and more evidence of remaining Horror activity; this may be due the relative nearness of Patria itself and its great magicks. None-the-less, those woods are stalked by the most vile of creatures and we saw even minor horrors chasing deer and rabbits in the forest for the simple pleasure of killing them. Elsewhere such creatures would have been forced to mutter their prayers just to maintain the concentration needed to remain in this land.

Amongst the Horrors we encountered two remaining people. The first were the elves of Sjykalfar. Like most elves, they were distrustful of incursions into their territory but once we introduced ourselves we soon learnt a bit about them. They are led by a princess, the lady Anabella. Once the Tearwillow, they took on the name of Sjykalfar after some great tradegy befall their people within the kaer. They do not speak of the tragedy but it may have been related to their god Succellos. Oddly their elite, including princess Anabella herself, cloth themselves in long elegant black robes and dresses and even their hands and faces are covered in delicate veils and lace. We learned little of their politics or philosophies during our stay with these people; like most elves they are tightlipped with strangers but it is evident that their hardship has made their leadership guide with a harsher hand then is usual amongst this race. As an interesting aside, the entire village of the Sjykfallar was filled, the whole time, with the beautiful smell of nutmeg. It seems that it grows wild in that part of the forest and its intoxicating scent surrounds their small village.

The second tribe of survivors had not yet surfaced when we reached them. The ‘Immaculate’ found another un-breached kaer vault and again we tried to communicate with the inhabitants but it was soon apparent why they had not yet surfaced; the land was absolutely crawling with the horrors of every description. We soon fled back to the ‘Immaculate’ and discussed what our plan would be. Finally we agreed to leave a contingent of marines, of which I was part, to guard the gates and contact the inhabitants when they eventually did surface, while the captain and the ‘Immaculate’ continued their journey. I must admit to having shed a tear or two at the site of that great ship sailing into the southern skies. We prepared defensive fortifications and set about preparing supplies and fresh water. Our activity must have drawn the attention of the kaer’s inhabitants for in less then 4 months, they soon began to surface.

The people called themselves the Pilseta and they were like nothing we had encountered before. Made up almost exclusively of women, the race was an amalgamation of dwarf and human, bare faced, even the males, the Pilseta were taller then dwarves and skinnier, but much shorter then humans. We were unable to determine their ancestry or history for they soon proved a very barbaric race and threatened us with well-trained spear-women. What we were able to learn before our retreat is that the kaer are led by a matriarchal tribal confederacy, with each tribe choosing a Councilwoman, who together then choose a Head Councilwoman.

With no other option but to return home, we first sought to use our magical communications to contact the ‘Immaculate’, but to no avail. We are therefore coming home. I have sent this message ahead so that you should be aware of our findings and in the hopes that you might be able to send assistance or transportation.

Long live King Varulus III

Simon the earth-bender

The year is 1045; A new dawn has arrived.

Spoiler :

EDIT: even though the stories say your starting units were wounded, we'll say that you hired more after that and you are now back to starting strength. I was going to start you off with many of your units wounded but it would have been too tough.

EDIT2: culture maps
Spoiler :

Top Bottom