ImmacuNES III: Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy

The principles of Amamulosh,

is based upon the believe that there are two opposing principles determining live. There is the female aspect, representing fertility, health and peace, and the male aspect representing strength, chaos and war. Both sides may have strongly different views upon the world, but they accept the other side as one essential part of the world.
Though it is ONE religion and the followers believe in both aspects of live there are always two separate temples and the priest dedicate their live to one of them.
There are the temples of Kharmulosh (Camulos) where the male priests sacrifice blood to the god of war and the temples of Amakush (Amathaon) where the female priests prey to the goddess of fertility.
While the are priests and temples, there is not really a well organized body of church. But the principles of Amamulosh are interwoven into the social life and government of the kharkush.
The highest priests are the “strongest son” and the “most fertile daughter”, leading the kharkush as commander-in-chief and domestic governor.
Typical “side-occupation” of the priestesses of Amakush is healing, midwifery, farming and cooking, while the for the priests of Kharmulosh it is hunting, raiding, butchery and grilling.

i'll be out of town from tomorrow morning until next tuesday. so orders are due monday april 19th, before you got to bed.

sorry to slow things down...

there are no general rules for that but i think if you send an army with a scout/adept/whatever and spend a bit of gold or research, you could do so. it wouldn't be too expensive but it would mean dedicating your army to something other then defense for a bit.

i'll be out of town from tomorrow morning until next tuesday. so orders are due monday april 19th, before you got to bed.

sorry to slow things down...

Why are you apologizing? You update 20 times faster than most moderators!!! Even I am having troubles to keep up with fast-paced dates when orders have to be sent on. Which I like. I'd like it even more if orders sending date would be a week or so.

You're doing great job and I'd be willing to play this even if updating would take entire 3 months. Thank you for being good moderator !
Spoiler :
Yes I'm trying to get godmodding rights, But I believe anyone of us would say this

thomas.berubeg said:
First Exam tomorrow! Woohoo! two more weeks, then done with it all.

Most of my exams are just starting and my political work (believe it or not) takes quite a bit of my free time. But I am happy, at least for the moment.

hmm, some questions on the gods: is succellos still the god of Nature in this? If so then Arawn is the god of both Life and Death? Or did Nemed never become the Father of Humanity, leaving the gods in their original positions, with the exception of Ceridwen and Oghma? Is Danalin in his coma or was that averted by the Aifons not going extinct (as far as we know)?

Orders being done as we type.

OOC: Three-in-a-row ... Do I get a Prize for talking so much with myself? Dang you, fast posters! I believe there is at least one more Aeron worshipper in the game so let it be clear: This is trollish view of Aeron, they have bit different view and their language use is not the best (It is my poor English :( ).

The first 3 sentences
Before the 'Age of Magic' we never praised any of the gods. We never worshiped those who created us. But since then we have learned much.

What made us Strong and Feared in the Past
During the 'Age of Elements' our ancestors, led under tough hand of Fargon the Axebreaker, proved to the world, that we are the strongest troll clan ever. Our kinsmen were hired by the greatest airship builders, to fight on their ships, on land or wherever the battles commenced. Even in worst situations, our brethren continued to fight. Their will to fight and ability to IGNORE even fatal WOUNDS, PAIN, and magical effects was legendary. Some say it was tough skin of a troll or use of “forbidden magic” – but we know that it was, and still is, the skill is called “CONTROLLED RAGE” that is harnessed only by the Aeron Worshipers.

During the 'Age of Shadow' our ancestors lend their hands to construct the kaers all over world. We were payed well. We knew how to build … we had strength to build … we were strong. We still have that knowledge, that might, that strength! Our clan was payed well for the work: Slaves with great knowledge, beautiful concubines, strong and healthy slaves.... we bought them all … Our ancestors had much gold, silver and many trade goods – everything that one could wish for we had. We know why – we, (like our ancestors), have UNBREAKABLE WILL and UNBELIEVABLE MIGHT. Skills that Aeron thought us to use properly.

Slavery in the past
Before, during and after the 'Age of Scourge' we learned to control our slaves – we put our law breakers into chains of slavery. Chains were released only for slaves who earned back their “dept” and were “worthy” to be released. These released slaves become known thralls – people who are not slaves but still have a dept to the Clan.

Uses and why convert foreign slaves/thralls to Clan
Many of the thralls payed their depts by teaching us. Some of them revealed us the MIGHT OF AERON and how it connects us all to clan and clan to us. Other taught us how to improve our government or personal lives. Some of them thought us to build traps. Most of the thralls never leave from our clan. They become proper clansmen and bought much honor to the clan. This is the sole proof that justifies, what our opponents call, “Evil slavery”.

Slavery now and Hard Labor
Slavery taught us how hard work can cure person. Even meanest criminal, laziest troll and meanest human can become valuable asset to clan, after their WILL IS CRUSHED and BODY IS WORN OUT. BLOOD AND HATRED – feelings what hard labor naturally causes, are only ways to REBUILD a being. After a day of hard work … resting in shacks, studying, practicing skills and settling a family cures the criminal mind. Rest after hard work, removes the hatred, the laziness and any criminal thoughts ... Eventually, the being starts to love hard work and hate criminal or similar 'weak' behavior. This is why work has to be respected … This is why work has to be hard. Be you slave, thrall, clan member, soldier or a elder if placed in front of HARD WORK we all are equal. Curing evil person, lazy person or a thief – no operation can do it, no magic can cure one without harming patient. But Work can do that and that is why WORK HAS TO BE RESPECTED.

Sacrifices
Our lives often demand sacrifices. SACRIFICES ARE ESSENTIAL to the life. Life is Clan. Single soldier saves tens to hundreds of lives with his sacrifice. Soldiers are strong, powerful, fearless. They are not afraid to sacrifice their own lives for the good of the clan. Soldiers are taught to CONTROL RAGE, they DIRECT RAGE TOWARDS ENEMY, they will not flee but fight until they bleed death and/or win. Soldiers will ALWAYS follow orders. Soldiers do what is good for the clan. And CLAN always does what is best for its members.

Hate the weak but be merciful
Everyone of us HATES our enemy. We DESPISE WEAK, if person can not fulfill his tasks nor find tasks he can complete, he is WORTHLESS. Worthless to the clan. Worthless as living being. Only way to cure such worthless being, is to force it into a "slave" status. Slaving those who are weak, who cannot defend themselves is not a crime – It's mercy. Slaving burned village villagers, means you save them from certain death and crimes they have committed against Clan (feeding enemy soldiers). You give them a chance to live, to become part of a Clan. And if they decide not to join with clan, Clan still benefits from the work they did. Aeron said that No wise troll leaves strong enemy alive, as alive enemy will attack the Clan.

The Teachings
Teachings teach us ....

To live personal life: IGNORE PAIN and WOUNDS, CONTROL(and direct) RAGE. To have UNBREAKABLE WILL and UNBELIEVABLE MIGHT.

To cure weaknesses: WILL OF WEAK IS CRUSHED and ITS BODY IS WORN OUT, so REBUILDING could take place. Together with BLOOD AND HATE - what HARD WORK naturally causes, criminal mind can be reshaped into proper mind - mind, what does not wish evil to others. No one is forced to become part of the Clan and hard work does not cure everyone, but most can be saved. And that is why WORK HAS TO BE RESPECTED.

To be part of a strong Clan: SACRIFICES ARE ESSENTIAL - Single soldier life saves tens to hundreds of lives. Soldiers control their INNER RAGE and release it against enemy. They will not flee but fight until they bleed death and/or win. Soldiers will ALWAYS follow orders. Soldiers do what is good for the clan. And CLAN always does what is best for its members. One shall never BETRAY the clan and all means are allowed to save the clan. One should consider his/her/its actions as actions of clan members only show the strength or weakness of entire clan.

How you should live: DESPISE THE WEAK as WEAK ARE WORTHLESS. One can show mercy, if it is good to the clan and slave weak ones – who have little to no chance to survive without our help. Work can cure even worst enemy, but one should not be mindless slaver – enemy of a clan is always a enemy. That means only SAVE those who cannot harm the clan as slaves, but would benefit from clan, while giving their benefits to the clan.

"To kill... to burn... to rape ... to backstab ... to destroy... to enslave and imprison... to be unhonorable" - Those are NOT the teaching of Aeron. Aeron teachings … others say they are "evil" but they are not! Teachings of Aeron teach us to CONTROL our INTERNAL FEELINGS. They teach us to DIRECT OUR EMOTIONS and use them, when we most need them. Teachings of Aeron teach us to RESPECT THE HARD WORK AND DISREPECT those, who do not respect the hard work. Teachings of Aeron teach us to be merciful and survive in this harsh world.

Teachings of Aeron say: You should always consider yourself as a diplomat of the Clan and ALWAYS ACT ONLY FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLAN. Your actions should never harm the Clan.

Final sentence: Teachings of Aeron teach to CONTROL yourself and lead the clan towards the mountains of success.

--- Quotes from ”Your First steps in faith” - Religious book dedicated to educate youth​

That particular view seems a great deal more in line with Kilimorph than Aeron. She is the goddess of hard work and tradition after all. Interesting read though, keep it up.

That particular view seems a great deal more in line with Kilimorph than Aeron. She is the goddess of hard work and tradition after all. Interesting read though, keep it up.

Kilmorph said:
Kilmorph is the Goddess of the Earth, She Who Dwells Beneath. She is also the goddess of the Harvest. She represents tradition and honest hard work. She is a neutral goddess, but often seems to side closer to good. Her main enemy if Tali, the irresponsible neutral god of air, but she also has had many conflicts with Mammon and Aeron, the Evil gods of Mind and Body. She is the creator of the Dwarves, or rather she breathed life into the statues created by the human artist Keldon Ki to keep him company in the last days of his life, and has continued to care for her people (Dwarf and Human alike).

Aeron said:
Once the God of Strength, Aeron was corrupted when he fell and joined Agares at the beginning of the Age of Dragons. Because of this, Creation will never know real strength. His corrupted aspect is Hate. He presides over all on man baser emotions, and is called the God of Blood and Murder

True, but wiki does not give me much info about Aeron. Looks more like a combination indeed, but it was the only religion of Aeron, I could think be acceptable for neutral trolls. All baser emotions are important in the religion, but they are controlled. Imagine wife "bursting out" after being calm for 3 months (no fighting/arguing). Not going to be a pretty sight. Now imagine she be able to channel rage to do complete some writing (a book, essey whatever).

I also tried to use feelings like - hate, bloodlust, slaving, ignoring wounds, unholy strength, despising the weak and giving/doing sacrifices in text. I hope I did not completely fail as wiki is my only reference.

I am back. Unfortunately, both my wife and daughter are sick so i need to take care of them a bit before i can work on the update.

i have orders from
  • Nozkam Legon
  • Utilica
  • Achatin
  • Tabba Ghut Clan
  • Pilseta
  • Palitnate
  • Kharkush

You have another couple hours to submit your orders if you have not done so yet but after this afternoon i am inclined not to accept any further orders.

I'll get my orders in sometime this week, very busy until wednesday, sadly :(

I am back. Unfortunately, both my wife and daughter are sick so i need to take care of them a bit before i can work on the update.

You have another couple hours to submit your orders if you have not done so yet but after this afternoon i am inclined not to accept any further orders.

This makes me sad :sad:

OOC: Some gold and food was given to people who suffered - this is story-point-of-view of one troll who has great leadership skill.

Gormag smiled. It had been almost a month since he last smiled. Last month had been brutal, harvest had been bad, he lost his father and his brother to the 'failed' Ice-Wyrm ambush. Besides those large losses, many of his friends were seriously crippled during that foolish ambush. All thanks to this crazy idea of Head engineer Faran and Chieftain Mogag. Most of the councilmen had been against this crazy plan. *Most of*, unfortunately it was not enough to stop that madman from pressing his crazy plan through. For some odd reason, Aeron clerics were not against this plan and even expressed support to clan Chieftain.

“Those fools! Those Aeron damned nutscakes! So many dead, so much destruction.... entire city center leveled.... ... So many dead ... so many crippled for entire life.” Were some of the thoughts running through the head of Gormag.

Yet he smiled, as he looked around the improvised city center. Relatives of the dead and wounded were gathered here. Most of the townfolk and even few farmers where among the crowd too. And children, so many families with children. Gormag felt sorry for those kids, growing up without father or with disabled father is hard. And, just like Gormag, most of the crowd was seemingly angry, looking at them would have revealed even to unskilled watcher, that they were ready to riot. They'd riot as soon as speaker made first mistake in his speech and small punch of them would have pull crowd with them. Everyone would have enraged and together they'd torn down the stupid chieftain. Gormag was happy - he could finally avenge for the loss of he had suffered. The rage for this loss, for pursuing this stupid plan, for causing so much damage.

Those feelings, they have been building up for so long. The days, they felt ...so long and empty without his fathers guidance or his brothers assistance. And he was ready to release all those feelings. Anger channeled, at right moment towards the right target, will have huge power. Gormag smiled on thought – thought that he might even become part of the council, one may become part of council, should one show great courage and skill. He reminded himself the teachings he had followed for entire life - “It's not a sign of weakness to assign your opponent to work in area he knows most about.”

When Chieftain Mogag the Ironwill climbed up from the squeaky ladder, to stand on the tribune and face his people, (and hopefully for last time) to hold a speech for them. Gormag was ready. He took deep breath and looked around, his skilled eyes found soon group of angry youth, that he could lead. As Gormag set his first steps towards that group, his someone placed his hand on Gormags shoulder. Hand grabbed firmly his shoulder. This grab was enough to force Gormag to stand on one position, but grip was not strong enough to actually cause any pain. Hand-owner looked like to one of the Aerons Higher Clerics, with black hair and about 5 cm taller than Gormag. Mysterious cleric said: “Let him speak, it is not wise start a riot, unless it is our last option”. Stranger was dressed in brown robe, his eyes had strange greenish shine in their irises, his body trained and the way he stood was strange … like his body would hold back much power. Strangers voice was certain, it was strong, there was no sound of rage or hate in it. Gormag was certain, that stranger would stop his, probably successful revolt before he had his chance to start it.

Mogag looked onto crowd with certain and fearless eyes … and as Gormag noticed, all of the troll groups - who would have been his allies, were stopped by similar dressed Aeron believers.

As Mogag, the leader who Gormag hated so much, spoke. And then Gormag saw it ….he understood the speech and he was draining the comforting words coming from the Clan Chieftain. Draining the words, expressing fear and awe at the dragon bone risen high above crowd and felt proud to be part of the Clan. Clan, which had defeated horror infected Wyrm - a terrible creature made of ice. Then he saw the food carts and gold bags being dragged to the improvised square. He saw the gold given for burial services and when he got his 'reward for suffering' or, as Chieftain said “compensation” he accepted it. This 'reward' was not much - small amount of food, enough to survive this year. He, like everyone else, also got a bag containing some gold to pay for burials - not enough to pay for one, but still more than nothing. And he let those words of glory, words about might, about sacrifices fill his head and mind. Now, after half a year, he understood again the meaning of death, he came to see the reasons why his brother and father had fallen. Anger in Gormag was gone, replaced with glory of victory and hate towards the horrors.

But last part of Mogag speech was not said in words... Instead Clan Chieftain asked that mothers, families and couples whose children were saved, would step on the pedestal and show themselves. And this sight … sight of so many children, so many couples saved from great suffer and sadness. This sight was enough to prove the need for the sacrifices his father and brother had been. These children … for human being child is more valuable than anything and what would child value be to trolls, who breed 2 times slower than human beings … these children … these couples … they were worth these sacrifices, NO! They were worth much more than these few sacrifices. And Gormag – he now wished donate his life to protect these children … to be another sacrifice … as his sacrifice would save many of these, wonderful, beings...

As Gormag looked over the square one last time, before leaving, he could not find anyone dressed in brown.
And so, Gormag decided to joined with the Light Infantry: Sword and Shield unit.
Sorry for poor English

Good story. Honestly, all your English is missing is a bunch of 'the' words. Which actually makes it seem more like a barbarian dialect then an accidental typos, haha. It might work for you.

Top Bottom