Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

I agree with the general sentiment - lit probably makes sense and getting some of the key national wonders going. You'll overwhelm Mao/Stalin with size a little later on, but getting the economy humming a bit seems to make sense first.

Although, I must say you do have a lot of units that would otherwise just sit gathering dust for awhile, but I still like fixing the economy for a short stretch.

Oh sweet, you made the FP :D
As well as the shrine :D

For me, that would be enough economic recovery to at least remove Stalin from the main landmass.
But, I wouldn't actually build new military units, just use the units you still have, and concentrate every city on infrastructure, except that naval city, that one needs to keep building ships.

I think you should start considering if you want corps or state prop, because with the size you are getting, and soon going for islands and conquering other hemispheres, state prop would be best, but sid's sushi is just too awesome an RPC flavor.
But whatever you take, you should get a good ironworks city as well, with lots of rivers, :D

I think that you should only invade mao until you have draft + either rifles or cannons.
He will get Longbows soon, and cho ko nu's are great too. (does he have horses?) that and pikemen will stab away at the majority of your mounted army. Maybe you should concentrate on getting cavalry, the extra xp from stables put into horse archers, elephants or knights, could really help.

Economy.

But the question is whether or not you can get away with taking Stalin before you focus completely on your economy...

Holy mother of RPC's. I am gone for a few days and all hell broke loose, a lot of AI are already gone, I have city named after me and Sid has an abundance of cities already. Get the economy back on line (long live the shrine), remove stalin and then get Mao if possible since he has the great lighthouse. Keep it coming since this is one of the best RPC's I have read :)

Great warring, Mad!

As for econ, how do things look for calendar resources? Haven't seen a good resource screen shot since the beginnning and away from home so can't open the save.

Great warring, Mad!

As for econ, how do things look for calendar resources? Haven't seen a good resource screen shot since the beginnning and away from home so can't open the save.

Actually Calendar resources are rather week if non-existant on this map.

Wipe out Stalin while you build infrastructure. Just need a few more units and Stalin's back is broken. When he vassalizes to Mao you even get the chance to wipe out Gilgamesh, right? :)
As someone says. Mao will have forces to counter your mounted units now, so the next era will be one focused on economy. Take him out later. The great lighthouse would be a wonderful asset, but I'm afraid corporation will turn out to be too close for you to fully harvest the extra trade routes from it.

The invasion of Egypt was already risky for the economy, so you need to get it going again. Smashing Stalin and/or Mao would be next though.

I feel I have no choice but to simply take the last Egyptian cities and place them under proper management, for the admiration of my fellow computer geeks in much preferable to the lovely womanly charms of a grand Egyptian Queen.

That is so awesome. I loled, I cried, I learned and I loved it.

Great RPC thus far, MAD

Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant: The Russian War and off to the High Sea!

Sid climbs the highest hill in the City of MadScientist, approaches the huge boulder that he is to use as a Podium, and begins to address the Civfanatic Community.

" Good Friends, I have listened to all the advice given here and I must say..."

The crowd cheers expecting to hear great praise from Sid and promises of excellent times.

"... that I am SORELY disappointed in you all."

Shock and surprise swept across the crowd.

"YOU CALL YOURSELVES CIVFANATICS!!!! There is treasure to be gained, land to be conquered, and ruthless Stalinists to be slain. We do not stop now, for the entire continent lays at out feet for the taking."

The Civfanatics are motivated cheering "SID, SID, SID" as they sharpen their swords, saddle their Numidians, and wind up the catapults. All the interest has drawn the notice of a new leader

Yeah, yeah, fine nice to meet you.

But onto WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid leads the army and Screams at the border

"STALIN, SHOW YOUR FACE!!!"

However, before our troops can reduce the defenses of the first target to 0% Stali launched a quick attack to capture the City of Shyuhe

Sid curses the Russian dog and Shuyhe manages to successfully flee the city. Sid assures Ahyuhe that Stalin will pay for this, and he does.

The last Egyptian city has been captured and control was given over to Rex tgis of TER.

As the assaulting units healed, the fresh troops were sent off towards the Russian Capital of Moscow, which got confusing because apparently

There is a second Russian Dictator, this one reeking of alcohol. Sid opens borders and sends him on his way.

Sid finishes

Allowing us to construct maces, although we did not upgrade any swords to macemen.

Next technology researched was Literature for the Heroic and National Epics followed by Optics.

On it's way towards Moscow the Civfanatic Army comes across Rostov which is quickly taken and Cam H is placed in charge.

The undamaged units escourt the Seige weapons towards Moscow and the earlier stack that captured Rex tgis of TER's city healed and moved to retake Shyuhe.

Once again Sid is interupted by another new leader

Just as Sid unleashes the whip on numerous cities to further boost the economy

Stalin's days are numbered as the City of Shuyhe is recovered

And Moscow is captured

And given over the Cripp 7

With one city remaining, Sid was sure the cowardly Russian would be capitulating to Mao, but that was not the case

The city was given over to Oyzar for command.

Perhaps Mao saw the futility of the deal, or perhaps we thought twice after seeing the decent sized stack of war elephants and maces parked on his borders. Eith way we have peace now just as we finish

Time to save and start building Caravels to explore the great oceans of the world because folks, frankly the tech situation.

Is truely Satanic! I also assume Mao has banking and is in Mercantilism.

The first question is what to research next

I am looking at Guilds and Gunpowder next. War is inevitable and micht as well go for what we need. Also teh Grocer with help in the +25% gold in the City of DaveMcW.

And with establishing the Judaist shrine we are able to turn the City of Neal into our major GP farm.

The second Question is what to do with the next Great person??? The probably Great Scientist should build an academy in either the City of MadScientist or the City of DaveMcW. If a Prophet I say Golden Age, and a Great Spy them perhaps an infiltrate and time to steal techs to parity from Mao.

I also Built the Heroic Epic in the City of Killroyan which is landlocked. The city of KMadCandy continues to pump out Naval units.

Militarily we are doing just fine even if it's mostly outdated units

So there we have it. I think this time we have to rebuilt the economy. Whip infrastructure and try to discover some more backwards civilizations to trade with.

I also think we want to get Atronomy first. Liberalism is the way to go there but I am very unsure we can get it. might as well research it directly after gunpowder.

Someone said they do not want another Satan game, but looks like we may have one!

Attachments

• Sid Meier AD-1310.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
Incredibly, the best RPC yet. I think you may have out done yourself with this one.

Perhaps an espionage economy is in order? With absolutely no tech trades possible, and you a full era behind most of the other leaders, its a very viable option. God knows you have enough courthouses.

With enough leaders around, all you need is one monopoly tech and you can probably almost get back to parity. You should have like 3X the land of anyone else - right the economy and my guess is you'll zoom up fast.

Also, before guilds, make sure to build tons of Numidians, to get the free promotion, if you want to go with a cavalry war.

I wold kowtow before the supreme might of emperor sid, if it wasn't for the technological disaster he hath afflicted thee with. You have effectively conquered your continent, and the time is surely now to get the economy up and running and catch up techwise. Once parity is restored then its back to the traditional economic policy of plunder from your less fortunate neighbours and crush them beneath the hooves of your knights. But for now, Its the economy stupid.

Good job on defeating stalin, hope the revolution doesn;t pop up elsewhere in your empire.;)

I think you still have a fair chance to grab liberalism. If the next GP is scientist, then you first research paper and partial bulb education. Meanwhile build the University of Sankore to boost research. Also, it may be tempting to research divine right eventually to grab the 2 wonders which will help your economy by a lot.

I think you still have a fair chance to grab liberalism. If the next GP is scientist, then you first research paper and partial bulb education. Meanwhile build the University of Sankore to boost research. Also, it may be tempting to research divine right eventually to grab the 2 wonders which will help your economy by a lot.

I mostly agree with this. Education hasn't "broke" yet, and few Civs outside of Pericles prioritize Liberalism. Unfortunately, Philosophy has, so the choice is either going for Gunpowder or Liberalism right now. My play style is to go for Liberalism after the early crushing of inferior Civs. With that you can get Astronomy, and with both Universities & Observatories in the right cities you can really pick up your tech rate.

With the size of your land, and possibly picking up the University of Sankore, you should be able to lead the world in the tech race after one long, boring turn of building your economy & infrastructure. I know a lot of people don't like to prioritize the University of Sankore, but with 19 cities, that's a potential +76 :science: (before multipliers) per turn even with the slider at 0%. If the Apostolic Palace went Judaism (didn't catch where it went) then there's little reason not to go for it.

I would avoid Divine Right, though. It's a dead-end tech, and while the Spiral Minaret is... okay... it's not worth the tech diversion, and Versailles is both expensive and would serve you better on a different continent, by which time it will be too late to build.

Good job crushing Stalin. I think I was one of the few dissenters who wanted to see him crushed.

"You're all individuals."

"I'm not!"

Great job Mad, I'm more than happy to see another satan game! By the looks of it you should whip the NE in the city of neal post haste! I see no reason why not to...

14 turns for Philo/Paper and a maybe-scientist for Education - I doubt that's enough to grab Lib.

39 enemies, subtracted 3 dead, 1 nearly dead and one being Mao, who's backwards. Well, at least regarding Lib ;)
That leaves 34 potential Lib-researchers out there. Subtract another dozen civs which are backwards because of crappy/too small land and it's still not looking too good.

Get your Caravels going (or swimming) and see who else is out there, Mad.

Cripp7, I believe I got the info and link from one of Neal's 34 leader earth-map games.

Top Bottom