SGOTM 11 - Plastic Ducks

Good work people!

I like the worker/settler/worker order in Bombay to get Patli out to produce WB earlier (chop once into settler?).

EDIT: I'm also for overflowing Delhi into SH, then starting Chariot.

Setting slider at 0% is really good if we get a Scientist first in Delhi. If not it's putting us behind by a few turns on research. Being able to go 100% research with academy untill maths may very well be worth the 20% risk of getting a prophet, so if everyone is good with it, I have no trouble with it at all.

@dingding

I don't think we're talking 20 turns of WB building it from Patli rather than Vijay (more like 8-10?). I also really think 1150BC is a lot safer for GLH than 1075BC, so it could very well be worth getting the GLH even if it's not pumping as much commerce right away. (I have seen GLH go 1100 more than I like in testing).

about warrior in our lands
Why not put it on duty 2S2W of Bombay to complete fogbust over there untill Patli is settled? Or are we (overly) worried about the barb warrior over there? Barbs will NOT enter our territory untill the 13xxBC (at least I have never experienced that in testing), and by then we'll have more defences anyhow for Vijay and others.

I suspect we'll have enough barb activity to the NE for HE-experience?

So... we'll work the silver and get the GP in 6 turns, alright.

What about the tech ?
Is Masonry ok for everyone ? DingDing you sound like you'd prefer Fishing... What about you, Bugg ?

OK, skip the WB in Vijay but we need to chop two trees in Bombay to accelerate the settler (and then, the WB in Paji).

Tech path should be Masonry=>Fishing=>Sailing. 0% slider can be applied during the 7 turns.

I'll try a test game tonight.

Can you submit a new plan, BIC?

Yeah.. I'm ok with Masonry->Fishing->Sailing.

And 2 scientists for 1 turn, 4 scientists after that. (Working silver)

0% research untill we hopefully pop a GS (you need to make a sacrifice to the GPP gods BIC).

When the 4th worker finishes out of Bombay (start settler?), if he goes chopping into the settler (from SW or whatever of Bombay), he'll be ready in time for Stoneduty.

Fun thing happened right now:

With some luck (and saving the forests for as long as possible around Vijay, we could pop an extra forest = 1175BC GLH at size 4).

Looking forward to the updated plan.

I tried 2 chops into a settler but it leaves us scrambling for worker turns unfortunately... it leaves Paliputra with no workable tiles for 3 extra turns as we need the workers to improve the cows and marble right away in Vijay. We can always settle it earlier and let it pop borders in the meantime (we'd need to time this right however as we need Slavery to whip the Chariot in Delhi at some point).

In any case wb from Vijay is still pretty slow because of its slow growth.

Justinian is likely pretty close seeing the date he appeared with a wb. As the GLH is completed, we'll only have 2 coastal cities and we still need ~15 turns for the next settlers to come out (produce+move in place) which I think leaves enough time to find a few more trade routes.

The AI tends to whip Wonders as soon as they can from what I've seen so if Zara queues Masonry soon or if we see walls in Aksum, we'll probably want to whip GLH to ensure we get it.
Zara has a strong "growth" flavor which includes Masonry... however the good news is he's low on Wonder constructions... still he's probably going to attempt it I think.

Updated plan :

Each turn :
Check completion of the SH. If it is completed, Vijay will switch to the ToA.

T82 :
Propose OB to Zara and Justinian.
Revolt into Caste system & adopt Confucianism.
NW warrior : goes... 2S2W of Bombay ? (alternative is the marble tile)
NE warrior : goes to forested hill east to be fortified. 1 move per turn.
Missionary : goes to Delhi to spread religion.
2 workers : road forest NW of Vijay, then the cow (3).
1 worker : prechops riverside forest of Vijay (4)
Delhi : Hires 2 scientists (removing 1 farm, 1 mine) and starts... a chariot ? (alternative is the SH first)
PTGOGPP
Science : 0%

T83 :
Delhi hires 4 scientists
PTGOGPP

T84 :
Road to the cow is done.
PTGOGPP

T85 :
Worker on R-forest chops and cancels.
2 Workers from the cow farm the 2nd fp.
Bombay finishes Worker, starts... a Settler ? (alternative is a worker)
Worker from Bombay roads 1SW.
PTGOGPP

T86 :
Worker on R-forest helps farm the 2nd fp.
PTGOGPP

T87 :
Vijay grows to 2... and hires an artist ? (alternative is to finish the farm earlier with the worker prechopping the R-forest, which would give some more turns for religion to spread)
Road SW of Bombay is done.
PTGOGPP

T88 :
Farm is done.
2 workers available to road the stone.
164 gold in treasury. 102/186 to Masonry.
GP pops, hopefully a GS thanks to 6 turns of PTGOGPP (Pray The Gods Of Great People Points).

Comments ?

Here goes:

t82
-NW warrior on marble -- reasoning: Bombay border pop in 3 turns, W warrior moves SE and there's a barb warrior in that area, meaning no additional spawns can happen (only 1 unseen tile... hopefully we don't get bad luck with a spear spawning there like 1 of my tests -_-)
-Delhi on Chariot yes, the timing is perfect for a whip into Pyramids for 1375BC completion
-no need to pre-chop right now, Vijay needs a second farm. Artist will be worked at pop 3 (we don't have worker turns to improve cow right away and we'll be improving stone if we go for a border pop now)
I've changed my mind on this having: a second farm earlier doesn't really change anything and delaying it actually frees up worker turns so we don't have downtime but no-prechops... instead road marble and stone+chop on settler
-don't forget to switch to Masonry

For worker turns (6x3+4x1 = 22):
road forest (3)
road cows (3)
road marble (3)
road stone (4)
chop forest (5)
And then start farm with the leftover turns. Vijay will work farm after border pop (completes in time) - workers have time to improve stone and cows before Vijay reaches size 3 iIrc.

Also leaves enough time to improve marble and get 3 workers in Pali to improve Pig just as city is settled... workboat out on t105. It's slightly slower than a Vijay wb but he doesn't have to go all the way around the peninsula so it's pretty much the same timing in fact.

Proposition for worker turns:
Spoiler :

t82
3 workers road forest

t83 (keep warrior inside culture borders)
1 worker road marble
1 worker road cows
1 worker road stone

t84
worker road stone+cancel

t85
new worker start chopping 1E of stone
worker on stone joins chopping 1E

t86 move warrior on marble
cow+marble workers finish road on stone

t87
1 worker finishes forest chop
3 workers start farming fp

t88
done, we can re-discuss from there

t85/86
no pre-chop, start roading stone instead or farm

t87 Vijay assigns second farm

t88 gold in treasury will depend when SH is completed I guess

I've played enough tests to see how Vijay needs to grow early to get early GLH. Since we're not doing wb or LH from there, it doesn't need the cows right away but growth.

Having a GP first isn't really bad actually... sure we research a tad slower at first but I'll only be really concerned if we hit a second Prophet... that would really blow. All being considered, I still prefer GS first to ensure Academy :)

EDIT: congrats on your second straight Gold Medal Duckweed

t87

t87 Vijay assigns second farm

I like BICs plan with kossin's adjustments.

@kossin:

I suppose you mean t87 Vijay assigns 2nd FP (since it's not yet a farm.. which means, maybe it's better to hire an artist while it's still a FP?)

EDIT:
EDIT: congrats on your second straight Gold Medal Duckweed
2nd that congratulation! :)

^^No it can hire an Artist at size 2 instead since we're delaying the farm... food now or later doesn't change much, it just means we have time for more roads to facilitate movement in the meantime.

Ah ok. So we aggree. Vijay assigns artist T87 at size 2 working the farm.

Just misunderstood what you were saying :)

t82
3 workers road forest

t83 (keep warrior inside culture borders)
1 worker road marble
1 worker road cows
1 worker road stone

t84
worker road stone+cancel

t85
new worker start chopping 1E of stone
worker on stone joins chopping 1E

t86 move warrior on marble
cow+marble workers finish road on stone

t87

t88
done, we can re-discuss from there

I can do that, no pb :)
I will play it tonight if you're ok. I could right now, or wait something like 2 hours to get the final suggestions...

Sounds like a plan. If you can give it a few hours so the others can speak up, that's good!

And do remember to switch to masonry :)

Good luck!

Looks like everyone voted... I don't think the worker turn modifications would alter Duckweed's vote but I can't speak for him.

In any case, we have a majority so play when you can :)

EDIT:
I'll sacrifice an hundred :gp: Great Persons :gp: to Eldine if we land a Great Scientist.

...or just 4 :D

Hum... mitigated news...
It's not the GP, rest assured !

My old computer died yesterday and today I installed Civ on a newer one... Problem is that some troubleshooting needs to be done so that the OS is compatible with Buffy.
I'm working on it and it will be done (I've found the guides and taken the 1st steps). But it won't work tonight, because I've encountered unexpected difficulties and sleep is calling for me :p

In the meantime, I can't play for us. And we're already late on schedule.
However, those are only 6 turns, with not much action. So... I wouldn't mind if one of you volunteered to play the worker moves in my place. Captain, maybe ?

Sorry for this,
It will be fixed... soon. I sure hope :nuke:
BIC.

Top Bottom