Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

The game is getting tougher. Nice segment mad!

Cant wait for seeing the how many units have been killed and produced stats. :D

Epic! Great to see Z & J continue to put up a good fight too - really showing why they're the strongest AIs.

Nice to see one AI not rolling over immediately. But even with the enemy having nukes, the Civfanatic production is way too strong.

Build an even larger armada. Use espionage to scout out where to hit first. Take out the uranium with spies, stelth or cruisemissil if not by nukes. Hit sites and cities and take them out in one turn.

Great to see some challenge is still left - it makes what will surely be an eventual win at least a bit tastier.

I'm of a mind to strike again at Justinian ASAP. He likely used up a bunch of his nuclear arsenal, and I'd hate to see him rebuild. Spies as scouts to see what he has left and to choose a proper place to hit. Split your forces where you can to minimize hits from nukes and try not to leave too many forces in captured cities that might be targets for nuclear counter-attacks.

Could send in some spies as you build up to disrupt nuke building and pillage resources. How are your espionage points split at present?

Great to see some challenge is still left - it makes what will surely be an eventual win at least a bit tastier.

I'm of a mind to strike again at Justinian ASAP. He likely used up a bunch of his nuclear arsenal, and I'd hate to see him rebuild. Spies as scouts to see what he has left and to choose a proper place to hit. Split your forces where you can to minimize hits from nukes and try not to leave too many forces in captured cities that might be targets for nuclear counter-attacks.

Could send in some spies as you build up to disrupt nuke building and pillage resources. How are your espionage points split at present?

Spli between Shaka, Zara, Wang, Justinian. I have plenty of eps, just hate micromanaging espionge in the late game but probably a necesary evil. I guess subs with spies are the way to go, I have 10 turns to kill at least.

Sabotage or bomb Bizantine uranium. Proceed with business as usual :p That and gunships + paratroopers + missiles/aerial bombing , since you don't want to use nukes yourself .... Justinian will not know what hitted him :p

BTW have you already done SDI, for heavens sake ? :faint:

P.S I'm flattered for being viceroy of the civfanatics ( I have FP in my city after all :D ) :lol:

P.S II You should really consider to take the ottomans out of the play before making any real effort against Justinian, due to the way vassals inflate the master perception of their true power. You can also take that time to send some token outdated ships to absorb the remaining tac nukes before you make the move. Oh and be sure that justinian is not running US: you definitely don't want them to rush buy tacs, right? :D

Sabotage or bomb Bizantine uranium. Proceed with business as usual :p That and gunships + paratroopers + missiles/aerial bombing , since you don't want to use nukes yourself .... Justinian will not know what hitted him :p

BTW have you already done SDI, for heavens sake ? :faint:

P.S I'm flattered for being viceroy of the civfanatics ( I have FP in my city after all :D ) :lol:

YEs SDI has been completed and I expect I have averted alot of ICBMs. TActical nukes are more difficult to defend though.

I was really tempted to hold your name for an isolated island (LHC :lol:) but went according to posts and you posted in the original Khan RPC.

Ok, since I seen a almost unbroken string of tac nukes hitting you, I considered the possibility of you , in the middle of managing a bloated empire like that, had forgotten to build it :D

Anyway, you probably should consider to use guided missiles fired from subs if possible, since the AI workers will put high priority in rebuiding the destroyed mines/forts. So you will need to probably destroy them every turn or so, and guided missiles are more prone to fast refill chains than spies ( and you don't have to wait 1 turn :p ), besides having a lot of advantages over naval based aerial attacks ( can be launched of invisible platform, not interceptable ).

I think the lesson here is that as your empire gets larger, you start playing more like the AI!

"No time for MM, I'll just go 100% UNITPROB and send an invincible SOD". Of course, we humans know there ain't no such thing as an invincible stack (TANSTAAIS?).

Time to step back and use your superior intelligence to counter the tacnuke threat, rather than just trying to outproduce it.

Alternatively, you can try thinking MORE like an AI and just not care when your island of steel and death becomes an island of slag and death. Just send more units!

Late game, when I know I'll win, I don't care about MM. Stack attack on. Heck, half the time I don't even bother promoting my units. Sure, I lose a city I could have otherwise kept every now and then, and on rare occasions my SOD is taken out accidentally since I forgot to use my promotions.

Just keep building units, and you'll be fine.

Always bother to promote troops, combat line works very well.

Maybe make a smaller stack for each coastal city + another stack for a land assault to go with the city stacks? Nukes cost a lot of hammers, so if you have enough troops, you should be able to just outproduce him.

Checked the map and dealing with Justinian's Nuclear capabilities is real difficult. He has one of the most difficult to reach cities settled ontop of uranium.

Who got cities in the last segment, I didn't see a screenshot. Did I get one?

Sid Meier, the Civilized Tyrant: Rebellion in the Byzantine Empire

Sid yelled at the Civfanatics, who yelled just as loudly back at him. Tempers flaired but the facts remained the same, The Byzantine empire was a rock and nuclear weapons were a major problem. Sid sat down and said "All right, all right. A buildup is needed and we just have to accept inevtiable losses." The council was glum but resolved.

However, the situation changed very soon as a meeanger came in saying that Mansa Musa had revolted from the Byzantine Empire and declared themselves an autonomous state.

Sid quickly rose from his chair "This is the break we need to get a foothold on that cursed Byzantine continent. Load the armada."

So the remnants of the armada were sent to the newly acquired lands to collect the veterans of the Mali war.

Mansa did not even have that 10 turns of peace after breaking away. The next turn

Mansa is given the bad news

And almost immediately

Mansa is dead and Sid has a strong foothold on Justinian's home continent!

The invasion force is split between the new city of Jammer Uno and within Zulu territory in the north.

Meanwhile Sid proceeds to spend the entire 10 turns constructing a major military force to provide a vast and brutal multi-targeted assault on Justinian.

The armada nad bulk of Sid's army are rebuilt and split into 4 factions

Still over half of Sid's mighty army was forced to wait. These will be excellent reinforcements at a later date.

In addition 2 new invasion forces are prepped. On near the City of Celts that will attack the Ottoman lands and in the very far north to attack the other Charleagne.

The reason for that plan is

No need to have anyone NOT in war now and Charles and Justinian are good friends, so Sid prepares to hit both at once.

Two navies are prepared to Hit Charlemagne

And 4 navies

and 2 armies

Are ready for Justinian

Justinian's continent

So I am thinking of taking out the 2 eastern penninsula's on the first turn, use the fleet to regather the reinforcement which shall hit Justinian from the west. Hopefully Justinian will NOT be eager to nuke is former lands too much.

And finally, a list of our cities

Demographics show

And I am attaching the save as a zip file

Attachments

• Sid Meier AD-1981-January.7z
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
Top Bottom