FfH2 Bug Thread

I think I found a glitch where if a member of the over/undercouncil is killed, they can no longer vote(obviously) but they still count as a member. If enough members die, it can make it impossible to pass anything, since there might only be 3 living civilizations of a 8 member council, so there is no majority even if there is a unanimous yes vote.

Good catch. This is probably the solution to an 'open' mystery here. See post 3338, #20, where overcouncil resolution being difficult to pass was reported before.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hi,

Yes, I concur, I do not see all the battles taking place. For example, I had a captured wolf and a supply train. A griffon attacked my supply train (wolf was next to it). The next round I could not find my wolf anymore, so apparently the Griffon got it, too.

Attached (I hope) is the auto-save that crashes immediately it loads. Perhaps somebody could check whether it crashes in their computer, too.

I can't open the file Ratlock. Can you post the save from turn 422, I can take a look.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Game doesn't crash for me!!

Are you running patch n (as oppsoed to m)? N fixes some of the most notorious crashes.

Anyway, here is a save on turn 401.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Ehm. Patches? I have no idea. :p
I'll have to check, but I'll do that tomorrow.

Thanks for looking! :)

I have been noticing that the "loyalty" promotion does not seem to work as advertised (or perhaps not at all). For example, even though patch "n" now grants the loyalty promotion to the Sons of the Inferno unit in Acheron's city, that did not stop me last night from going to that city with Coraline and Gibbon in tow, both promoted to "Mind III", and dominating eight or so Sons of the Inferno units into my army. It was probably just luck that I dominated each one last night on the first try without losing my "Mind III" promotion (usually not all of the dominations work on the first try, which is why I save up all my promotions to re-promote to "Mind III" when I lose it), but the "loyalty" promotion did not seem to have any effect on my ability to dominate these units (and last night was not the first time I was able to dominate units promoted with "loyalty"). In fact, I had a tougher time just dominating the normal axemen and archers in Acheron's city than I did dominating the Sons of the Inferno units (again, probably just a question of luck). Not a big deal, but getting an army of those all-powerful level-3 spellcaster units usually means that I have won the game.

I just did some testing with Loyalty, Domination, and the Command promotion. Loyalty does not prevent units from being converted via Domination, only from being captured by the Command promotion. I tested 4 Archmages vs. 4 enemy Scouts promoted with Loyalty (via WB); 3 of the casts were successful, and in each successful case, I had a scout converted to my team on my tile. I next used 4 Command I-IV Phalanxes vs. 4 unpromoted scouts; 2 of them appeared on the tile i attacked from, each at 25% HP (as expected). I next used 9 Command I-IV Knights vs. 9 Scouts w/ Loyalty. After all the fights, no Scouts were converted to my side, suggesting that Loyalty works correctly vs. the Command promotions (only a 1 in 50,800 chance it was pure luck).

There are two possibilities for the way that Domination and Loyalty interact. Either it is working as intended and Loyalty is only supposed to counter the Command promotions, or it isn't working as intended, and the Domination spell needs to be changed to check for Loyalty (whether this prevents Domination from affecting the unit or just kills it is a tossup).

I really only did this testing because, in my current game as Jonas Endain (Clan of Embers), I used For the Horde and ended up with 3 Sons of the Inferno, which was supposedly fixed with patch 'n' and the Loyalty promotion (yes, I am using patch 'n', I thought maybe it bugged when I installed, but all the Sons have Loyalty, so it must be patch 'n'). This one is the most easily fixed as For the Horde would just have to add a check for Loyalty on the unit; if it has Loyalty, it doesn't go through the check (same as Hero units).

I searched the entirety of Breunor's thread and did not find my issue. I am frequently getting animals (specifically bears) "stuck" in my territory when my borders expand onto the square the animal is located. I'm using BtS 3.19 and a fresh install of FFH 2041n (no subsequent patches were applied, this is my first install of FFH).

Also, I just scored a Conquest victory on turn 3 or 4 on Monarch. It appears that it was a duel map (I like playing random everything) and that the AI's settler got eaten by something before founding a city. I'm a casual gamer so didn't think to save the game or anything. :(

This last may not be technically a bug.

I'm also going to be posting this in the aforementioned thread since I am confused which is the best thread to use. Mods can delete one if they don't like the double post.

I searched the entirety of Breunor's thread and did not find my issue. I am frequently getting animals (specifically bears) "stuck" in my territory when my borders expand onto the square the animal is located. I'm using BtS 3.19 and a fresh install of FFH 2041n (no subsequent patches were applied, this is my first install of FFH).

Also, I just scored a Conquest victory on turn 3 or 4 on Monarch. It appears that it was a duel map (I like playing random everything) and that the AI's settler got eaten by something before founding a city. I'm a casual gamer so didn't think to save the game or anything. :(

This last may not be technically a bug.

I'm also going to be posting this in the aforementioned thread since I am confused which is the best thread to use. Mods can delete one if they don't like the double post.

Neither of these are bugs.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Game doesn't crash for me!!

Are you running patch n (as oppsoed to m)? N fixes some of the most notorious crashes.

Anyway, here is a save on turn 401.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I updated the patch and everything seems to be running smoother now. :) Thanks for the tips! :)

Rare bug - I forced the Khazad to capitulate and give me one of their cities. The city retained it's dwarven vault even though it was now Elven. It was of course empty and stayed empty.

(Hyborem could have been whispering cunning tricks to Arturus Thorne but I think it's really a bug)

Rare bug - I forced the Khazad to capitulate and give me one of their cities. The city retained it's dwarven vault even though it was now Elven. It was of course empty and stayed empty.

(Hyborem could have been whispering cunning tricks to Arturus Thorne but I think it's really a bug)

Can you check in 10 - 20 turns to see if it is still there? I'm seeing some weird stuff like this ....

Best wishes,

Breunor

The mysterious empty treasury stayed until the end of the game (12 turns). It didn't show up in the list of buildings on the Statistics page, if that helps anyone track it down.

I think someone else posted that the AI doesn't leave Conquest after blight. This keeps their city sizes in single digits as they produce units constantly. I'll confirm this and suggest that it's one of the more serious AI bugs currently around as it decimates some nations in the end game.

I'll add another cosmetic bug. When you vitalize tundra it is redrawn as plains. However if there was hell terrain under the tundra it is drawn correctly the following turn as fields of perdition and any forest removed. There's no serious problem with game play here, it's just inconsistent in the display.

Gang,

Snarko may have found THE biggest remaining bug, a WoC caused by grouping. it is probably the cause of most of the WoC's from the huge stacks. I suspect that fisin this will cut dow a VERY large percentage of the most difficutl to trace bugs.

Here is a link to the fix:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=367103

In addition, Snarko found a LAN bug, found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=367102

Snarko, thanks so much!!

Kael, can we get these in o - they are real important!

Best wishes,

Breunor

I just did some testing with Loyalty, Domination, and the Command promotion. Loyalty does not prevent units from being converted via Domination, only from being captured by the Command promotion.

It's because Loyalty is not supposed to immunize the unit from Domination.
It gives immunity to capture (such as the one from Command, capture is the result of combat, not of a spell) and resistance (+20%) to the spell Charm Person. It doesn't offer any protection from Domination (understandable, given the spell level of Domination and Loyalty), check in the description.

In addition, Snarko found a LAN bug, found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=367102

Multiplayer bug, not LAN bug.

in CvUnit::setHasPromotion the effect of ResistModify is added twice (patch m)

Code:
		changeResistModify(GC.getPromotionInfo(eIndex).getCasterResistModify() * iChange);
		changeResistModify(GC.getPromotionInfo(eIndex).getCasterResistModify() * iChange);
Removing one of the lines fixes it.

Here's the save from turn 422.

Thanks for looking!

Sorry I forgot to check this - I went onto the forum and realized I never checked this out!

Unfortunately, I think I'm in a slump, this is a weird bug that isn't easily fixed.

The cause of the bug is the Kuriotate civilization. To make a long story short, if you eliminate all cities except one, and then eliminate every single Kuriotate unit, the game STILL crashes, no matter which city it is. So I can't do anything to fix the game, except for wiping out the Kuriotates in their entirety.

I also don't think Legends is the sourse of the problem, if you eliminate all nearby cities that could flip, it doesn't help.

So let me know if you want me to wipe out the Kurios.

Sorry I can't really fix this.:sad:

Best wishes,

Breunor

Enclosed is saved game with a python and C++ error. Upon completion of the turn 451 (Bannor, in Crusade) the game errors out and crashes to desktop.

CTD save game file, python rpt, screenshot enclosed. Edit-Add- CivIV, BTS and FFH2 all patched to latest patches. No other mods installed.

Well, Infernals are pretty nice to play with and engulf the world in flames, but...:mischief:
Now I get an endless-load whenever I end my turn, and just as the Avatar of Wrath enters the world too!:mad:

I'll enclose it, maybe someone can fix it?:confused:
I'd really like to see the world in flames. :lol::nuke::lol:

Attachments

• Infernal Dead End.CivBeyondSwordSave
    444.3 KB · Views: 82
Enclosed is saved game with a python and C++ error. Upon completion of the turn 451 (Bannor, in Crusade) the game errors out and crashes to desktop.

This is most likely caused by a Demagog trying to spawn on a tile with an enemy unit, possibly an invisible one. Denev's unofficial patch (which can be found in the mods forum and which is also incorporated into my Naval AI mod) fixes this.

This is most likely caused by a Demagog trying to spawn on a tile with an enemy unit, possibly an invisible one. Denev's unofficial patch (which can be found in the mods forum and which is also incorporated into my Naval AI mod) fixes this.

Indeed it is, it is being caused by the Svartalfar longbowman two squares north of Kwythellar. (It is not hidden or invisible as far as I can tell, but the Svartalfar have long caused trouble in this area).

Anyway, I eliminated the longbowman from the square. To make the game 'fair', I gave the Svartalfar another longbowman with exactly the same characteristics in Drax Tallen.

So, anyway, here is your fixed file.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Sabathiel the Just AD-0452v2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    658.2 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom