NWolfNES I: The Greenskins, home edition

I didn't notice any poor quality. The update was very well written and thought-out.

Update 2 said:
Elections for Overseer
Clansmen argue and vote. Few heads are smashed in and few leave with bruises but eventually they decide to declare Stoll as Overseer of the clan. There are some who oppose his right to count votes, but most agree that clever Stoll is best choise to fill seat of power.

With his new high position, Stoll gains respect (+1) and fame +2, Stoll gains 3 followers, Stoll gains low respect(+1) among shamans.

I believe this, in addition to the +1 I gained this turn, means that I have (2) respect now among shamans :)

I believe this, in addition to the +1 I gained this turn, means that I have (2) respect now among shamans :)

Yes, thank you, it's fixed in spreadsheet now and once I take up my courage (and update first page) it'll be on there too.

I must have done it in a dream rather than reality, for I was sure I'd submitted a character!!

Aiken Drumn, a lovable rogue. Early 20's in age. A fine story teller and card player. A confidance trickster and a thief. He is now settling down a bit more and wants to open a mead hall. Will this skill need to be learnt? If so, barter, pinch, buy, borrow, whatever the needed bits and bobs to attempt to make a brew. If successful share with all who helped. The second batch will be shared amongst the leaders.

Is that ok?

He demands:
1) 30 units of healing plants and 60 units of hides would be given as a “tax” to trading caravan that will pass you during next winter.
2) Religion called “The Sacred path” preacher be allowed to enter this village, he will be given separate hut and he may preach at any time to anyone. He may not be harmed, threatened or imprisoned. His hut must be ready by winter. It is not know what race this preacher is or what this “religion” teaches.

He says that in exchange “Furtown village” - The capital of New Illorian Empire will send trading caravan every winter and they are willing to trade/buy whatever Gormadash villagers can offer, after paying their taxes.

Furtown Village, the capital of New Illorian Empire

Furtown Village, the capital

Furtown Village.

Village

Village

VILLAGE.

Spoiler logic :
For some reason, these humans seem so less dangerous than the stories. Their demand for taxation is probably a bluff made by the ambassador. If the Illorians are strong enough to send ambassadors to demand taxation and enforce it, why haven't the Whisperwind clan hear anything about them?

If that is the case, it is worrying to note that a mere scout can wear such an advanced armor. We have to assume that they either have a very large stockpile of weapons or a working mine and smithy.

Even so, with the number and the element of surprise on our side, I believe that we can defeat the Illorian army. Question is, should we? We know that the Illorians are against the Tauren, whom we know are strong and nasty. The ambassador have also offered trade which may prove lucrative.

One thing that remains certain is that these humans cannot be trusted. Although we have just encountered them, they responded with threats. As soon as they are strong enough, they will most certainly carry on with their threat (OOC: I know because I'm like that :mischief:) unless we appease them. As Chill Bill said, it is better to nip the bud off this threat before this spirals out of control.

I believe we can agree that Chill Bill deserves the War Chieftain status for the duration of the battle against the human. Chill Bill will take a sizeable army of orcs and hunters and set up an ambush against the humans. Exact nature of the plan will be drawn by Chill Bill as he seems to know the area of the human's camp the best.

"ROAR! All hail our overseer! Hail Stoll! To war!!!" - Gurtak Strongfist upon hearing overseer's decision.

Is that ok?

Yes, however there is no currency yet in Gormadash, once you get a trade caravan or two - and accept general currency use (The Horde and The Empire use different currency, you do not know if Illorian Empire uses same currency as The Empire).

You can start your businesses even now, but right now village of Gor' is quite communistic (everyone work, everyone can eat etc.), that's pound to change once currency system is enstablished.

Of course you can start learning skills and making contacts for your businesses even now :)

I would also like to apply to this. If accepted, I guess for character name--'Magog' please

Sure, you're in feel free to start discussing.

@Seon
He did not behave like a scout (scout would have been more careful and not let himself be captured so easily)

Stoll: I am only too happy to physically lead our forces to the enemy but i am a scout, not a warrior. Once we arrive, a better warrior then i should lead the battle lest my banner fall quickly and we lose our nerve.

If you speak the truth on this, why not get the Taurens to fight the Humans directly so they are both distracted and weakened by fighting each other?

From chill bill to magog,

"IF"? you doubt my words? Than you should be our diplomat to the taurens... go ask them if i speak the truth.

Why don't we try to bargain with the humans a bit?

Facts: The humans are fighting the Taurens. We don't like the Taurens.

We've been asked to pay taxes to them but what are we actually paying for? I say we tell them that if they subdue the Taurens and put orcs in charge of that village and its territory, we will begin paying their tax. If they need a reason from us, we need those materials to fight the Taurens if the humans aren't strong enough to defeat them, and we don't trust the humans enough to protect us until we see that they actually do.

If that plan doesn't work, we should ambush them by nightfall, seizing their armaments and horses first (we can use them for food or transport) and enslave any exceptionally skilled ones to come teach our crafters.

As for the village, it menaces with spikes of bone wood gore and awesome but we have some pressing needs internally.

Builders In this order, should repair our existing buildings, then, work on building separate sleeping halls for familial units (one specifically for the leather workers), and finally convert one of the existing sleeping halls to a place where the sick can go. This should free them up for the summer months building a stockade and watchtower.

Hunters Continue hunting and keep the trap line repaired. Expand the trap line significantly.

Craftsmen Should look into using bone or stone to make our spears stay sharper longer. Continue working leather, we'll need a large supply by the winter time especially if we wind up having to pay taxes. New leatherworkers house should help with this.

Fishermen Keep them protected as we need the food income. They should expand their range to not exhaust easier-to-get-to winter fishing.

Woodcutters We're Orcs. Start clearcutting!

Soldiers The veteran soldiers know best how they want a training field to look. As part of soldier training, trainees should be required to help clear the field.

Farmers All idle villagers/commoners should help to till fields and get seeds planted. Some guards should be there with them in case the bird creatures attack. They should also cultivate the medicinal plants.

Shamans Work on constructing shrines, any orc who wishes to follow any religion may do so as long as it doesn't interfere with their other duties.

A good idea but how about a slightly modified version:

Instead of paying taxes we offer to ally with the humans in their fight against the Tauren. First the Humans do not yet know that we have issues with the Tauren. Thus by making this offer it appears we are giving something of real value (and what is not more valuable then blood and lives of orcs?).

Unless you start big time building you cannot expect to build every family a house.

You right now have:
2+1 sleeping houses (1, smaller for clan elders and shamans)
House designed to be both granary and storage.

You have population over 200, I have not yet updated pop on first page.

With help from commoners and supplies:
3-4 same size sleeping houses (each designed to fit 50 orcs but can fit 80 orcs in times of need)
6-8 medium sized sleeping houses (each designed to fit 30 orcs, but can fit 50 orcs)
10-12 small sleeping houses (each designed to fit 15-20 orcs, but can fit 40 orcs).

This is assuming that builders have many supplies, some helpers and they do not roll 1.

Sleeping houses can be converted into private houses or houses which are required.

Some form of Currency will be enstablished as you make contacts with outer world (faster if you accept trade caravans).

-------------------------------
You have few options I have thought on (I did not think Chill Bill would share some of his secret knowledge with you, to be honest)

1) Attack humans
2) Pay human taxes
3) Let humans go, not pay taxes

You have no contacts who know what Illorian Empire is, everyone know only The Empire.

Bloodoak missionaries say that their fights with The Empire have been on ceasefire (no battles and no one crossing borders) for several years now. Last they heard about The Empire it was simply called The Empire, not "Illorian Empire"

Why don't we try to bargain with the humans a bit?

Facts: The humans are fighting the Taurens. We don't like the Taurens.

We've been asked to pay taxes to them but what are we actually paying for? I say we tell them that if they subdue the Taurens and put orcs in charge of that village and its territory, we will begin paying their tax. If they need a reason from us, we need those materials to fight the Taurens if the humans aren't strong enough to defeat them, and we don't trust the humans enough to protect us until we see that they actually do.

If that plan doesn't work, we should ambush them by nightfall, seizing their armaments and horses first (we can use them for food or transport) and enslave any exceptionally skilled ones to come teach our crafters.

I have considered that plan and discarded it as impossible. The recent revelation of the fact that the Ambassador is indeed a messanger corroborates this. The humans have made their intentions quite clear with the ambassador's threats. If we try to communicate with them and the peace talks break down, we will lose our chance to ambush them.

The lack of coin matters little. I can barter my mead with others.

I have considered that plan and discarded it as impossible. The recent revelation of the fact that the Ambassador is indeed a messanger corroborates this. The humans have made their intentions quite clear with the ambassador's threats. If we try to communicate with them and the peace talks break down, we will lose our chance to ambush them.

Then I vote we ambush the puny humans, taking their armor and weapons before they can capture them. Put the messenger's head on a spike in front of the village with a sign that says "no new taxes"

Stoll: I am only too happy to physically lead our forces to the enemy but i am a scout, not a warrior. Once we arrive, a better warrior then i should lead the battle lest my banner fall quickly and we lose our nerve.

Ugag will lead, if warriors would have him. Ugag itching for fight, want skulls and spoils. Puny humans will cower in fear at Ugag's mighty roar! If Chill Bill lead army to human camp, Ugag will take care of rest.

Mr. Bill, does your wind god speak any of 'opportune moment'? If he truly powerful god, he help in this fight. If he help, Ugag might reconsider stance on shrine.

Bloodoak clan missionaries say that they'll pray as hard as they can to gain Raj-tol blessings and to prove that Raj-tol is truest god of all. They don't think that Raj-tol will be able to use his full power as there are very few believers around these parts.

OOC: Update 4.5 coming either today (+3 hours) or tomorrow - sorry for delay.

Top Bottom