SGOTM 12 - ChokoMisfits

Sadly, we are not at peace with anyone. I tried. Every turn, every CIV. For 20 turns.

I would not have continued playing after failing to get a "Cease Fire" from none of the AIs after a few turns. Probably nothing could have been done about it, but still its better to stop immediately and inform the Team. In nearly all the test runs, we were able to almost immediately get "Cease Fire" agreements with all AI Leaders except Gandhi. Gandhi was satisfied with Fishing around turn 8.

The test game seems to be failing to reflect the fact that no AI would talk to us at turn 0 in the real game. JerichoHill, when were the AIs willing to talk to us?

We really need to work hard to improve relations and broker Technology deals to get us to Rocketry and other Space Ship Technologies ASAP. The AI may already have some key Technologies that will help us Win the Space Colony race.

We have to sign a peace treaty if we include a tech. So far, only Gandhi can trade techs, as only he has Alpha.

I'm surprised that Fishing and Animal Husbandry were not sufficient for a Peace Treaty with Gandhi. Fishing alone at turn 8 sufficed in the test game.

I noted that Degaulle went to Nationhood on Turn 3, Roosevelt adopted Representation on Turn 3, and Mao went to State Property. That either means certain techs or certain wonders.

Degaulle - Nationalism (not Nationhood)
Roosevelt - Constitution
Mao - Communism

Good point about no first-to bonuses for techs the AIs hold. We should also look at what other techs they may be able to research, although in most cases other prereqs will prevent the AI from grabbing additional advanced techs.

Communism is a dead end Technology. We should capture the City with The Kremlin, if any AI builds it.

It may be useful to trade into the following Technology path due to the Technologies some AIs already have denoted in a Dark Red font:

Philosophy -> Nationalism (req. Civil Service) -> Constitution (req. Code of Laws) -> Democracy (req. Printing Press) or Economics (req. Banking) -> Corporation (req. Constitution)

A possibly more interesting Technology path provides us with the ability to build Cossacks:

Philosophy -> Nationalism (req. Civil Service) -> Military Tradition (req. Music)

I will guess that Gandhi has some religious civic and Victoria has some Monarchy possibly.

If Gandhi has some Technology that unlocks a Civic, he probably would have adopted it on the turn he converted to Buddhism. Gandhi has Alphabet and probably nothing else.

Victoria probably doesn't have Monarchy, since she would have adopted Hereditary Rule by now even though it costs her 1t Anarchy.

-12 relations with everyone due to the sustained war... nasty...

This breaks down as:

-7: "This war spoils our relationship."
-3: "You declared war on us!"
-2: "You nuked us!"

Assuming no war casualties on either side, how bad can "This war spoils our relationship." get?

I suggest we stick with the test game tech path and research Writing next to aim for an Academy as early as possible. I found no use for The Wheel this early in the test game (unless we want to build Chariots, of course). We may then need to research Alphabet ourselves, to start gifting away techs, and to clarify the position on who holds what!!

Assuming we are able to make Peace with Gandhi first, it would be preferable to research Mathematics and part of Alphabet or Code of Laws; then trade for Alphabet.

@haphazard1 We settled on top of the Horse, so no high-hammer tile for us unfortunately!!

As a consolation, it does provide the City Center Tile with an extra, free Hammer per turn.

Who is up for the next turnset? I'll happily volunteer myself if there are no objections...

Shouldn't this (who is up) be clear from the roster?

Wheel is needed to hook up resources, which we may need for health (cows) and happiness (gold). We are not connected to the river so we will need Wheel. The gold boost to the happy cap will be especially useful, maybe not immediately but very soon.

Sailing would provide connection to Gold.

What is the Technology path in our test runs that started Fishing -> Animal Husbandry? We should stick to the plan (test runs) until Game Information indicates an alternative that is better.

Writing would be the best option at this point in the Game.

I agree that we want an academy very early -- our capital is going to be a monster city, and (eventual) Bureaucracy with two golds and some cottages will be a huge base for the academy to boost.

Yes, we definitely want an Academy ASAP.

Sun Tzu Wu

Does anyone else have any thoughts on what to research next - Writing vs The Wheel??

Writing seems better, but ...

Gandhi wants more than Fishing + Animal Husbandry for Peace. So, we might want to Research The Wheel, so we can offer Fishing + Animal Husbandry + The Wheel. Or Research Bronze Working, so we can offer Fishing + Animal Husbandry + Bronze Working.

If we go with Writing, we can "hope" that Gandhi completes Priesthood, so we can offer Fishing + Animal Husbandry + Writing for Peace. Then hope that Gandhi doesn't build The Oracle which is likely given his low 10% chance of building any Great Wonder.

As for what to build next... should we go for a Workboat, to grow the city? Or a Warrior, to explore???

All the test runs starting Fishing -> Animal Husbandry didn't build Warriors/Scouts until much later. We need Population growth right now. That's what all the test runs starting Fishing -> Animal Husbandry did at this point. Perhaps, we should pick one, like ianw1610's and stick with it until new Game Information suggests otherwise? (I'm picking ianw1610's test run because it had a good Civil Service sling-shot date and also went further picking up The Great Lighthouse and The Colossus.)

A Workboat is probably the best choice right now.

None of the AIs have yet met each other, which is consistent with the instruction that nobody started with any units to explore...

...however, some of the army sizes on the statistics screen are incredible... so it looks like one of the AIs (i.e. Stalin) is holding a stock nuclear weapons.

The Power rating is greatly affected by Military Technologies. Stalin probably has Fission and/or Rocketry and that might also explain the huge Soldiers amount. If I'm not mistaken, it isn't just a reflection of the number of units and the Technology level of those units.

As for Espionage points, we are already struggle, as everyone else is forcing 100% of their points onto us.

Not much we can do about that until we can turn around our Diplomacy with them and make Peace with at least some of them. The others we may want to reduce in size via our military before we make Peace. At least let's be open to the option of not making Peace with all AIs until we have them down to a manageable size.

Sun Tzu Wu

@JerichoHill - can you please update post #2, to show our current roster, in order. Currently, it shows me as player #2 (which is likely to be correct)... but it shows haphazard1 as player #1, which of course was not the case.

Team Roster
Team Leads : Haphazard1 (Misfits), Ianw1610 (Chokonuts)
Sun Tzu Wu
Ozbenno
JerichoHill
ArcadicGamer
McArine
Mighty Dwaarf
Sleepless

@Sun Tzu Wu - this is what I did in my test game. I propose we stick to this for my turnset:

Research: Writing - Mathematics
Builds: Workboat - Warrior - Warrior - Library (and leave the Clam unimproved for now)
Worker improvement orders: - 1st Cow Pasture - Riverside Gold Mine - Other Gold Mine - 2nd Cow Pasture

By the way, don't forget that the theme of the game is 20th century leaders... I know Victoria lived to 1901, but Churchill is our opponent on this occasion, not Victoria.

I would not have continued playing after failing to get a "Cease Fire" from none of the AIs after a few turns. Probably nothing could have been done about it, but still its better to stop immediately and inform the Team. In nearly all the test runs, we were able to almost immediately get "Cease Fire" agreements with all AI Leaders except Gandhi. Gandhi was satisfied with Fishing around turn 8.

The test game seems to be failing to reflect the fact that no AI would talk to us at turn 0 in the real game. JerichoHill, when were the AIs willing to talk to us?

This is one of the dangers of using test games -- as AlanH warned, they do not always accurately reflect the real game. :( I did my best to match all the information and conditions we knew about, but obviously there were differences.

I think we have a few options for these continuing wars:

1) We ignore the AIs for now. They do not know where we are, and we do not know where they are. No civs started with any "biological units" so no early attacks are likely even if we do make contact. The -diplo for the war "spoiling our relationship" does max out, although the exact limit may be different for each civ. I know Gandhi maxed out at -8 (for a total of -13) in my test game when I could not get peace. Until we make contact (or obtain Alpha by self research or from Gandhi) nothing else can be done.

2) We gift techs to try to get a peace deal. This means we try to get a deal with Gandhi first, since he is the only one we can trade techs with currently. This may prove difficult as Gandhi will start picking up early techs from other AIs once he meets them, leaving us little to offer.

Even so, I think we should not divert our planned tech path just to hope for a peace deal. The risk of not getting one is too high, so let's continue our tech as planned and eventually we will have enough to trade.

3) We ignore the AIs, and do not try to trade for peace. Instead we wait until contact is made, and then hit the AIs hard enough to get them to ask for peace. This will take longer and will involve more fighting, but will avoid the necessity of giving the AI a lot of tech for peace. While we do want a lot of tech trading to speed the overall progress to space, we do not want to fall behind the AIs and risk military defeat or losing too many wonders/first to bonuses.

I lean towards #2 above, with reservations -- let's wait and see just how big the price for peace will be. Unless he starts isolated, Gandhi is going to become a monster with the early tech trading advantage. Feeding him several hundred additional early beakers for peace may not be worth it, especially if we end up not being able to trade techs afterward -- either because of attitude limits or because Gandhi will be too far ahead for us to have anything to offer him.

We really need to work hard to improve relations and broker Technology deals to get us to Rocketry and other Space Ship Technologies ASAP. The AI may already have some key Technologies that will help us Win the Space Colony race.

Early Alphabet to find out just what the AIs have will be important. But I suspect it will not be possible to get any of those techs in trade -- the AIs will view them as monopoly techs and refuse to trade. And it does not seem likely that we will get anyone to Friendly any time soon. Maybe by mid game, if we adopt shared religion and civics, we might be able to do something with these advanced techs.

Communism is a dead end Technology. We should capture the City with The Kremlin, if any AI builds it.

If Mao has stone, he might build the Kremlin. But it will be hugely expensive for the early game.

If Gandhi has some Technology that unlocks a Civic, he probably would have adopted it on the turn he converted to Buddhism. Gandhi has Alphabet and probably nothing else.

Victoria probably doesn't have Monarchy, since she would have adopted Hereditary Rule by now even though it costs her 1t Anarchy.

I am not sure -- the AI will not always adopt their favorite civic even if it is available. Victoria may have Monarchy but since she will not be near happy cap at the start why convert? Also, no biological units means no benefit from HR until something is built.

Anyway, we will learn more later once we get Alphabet.

Writing seems better, but ...

Gandhi wants more than Fishing + Animal Husbandry for Peace. So, we might want to Research The Wheel, so we can offer Fishing + Animal Husbandry + The Wheel. Or Research Bronze Working, so we can offer Fishing + Animal Husbandry + Bronze Working.

If we go with Writing, we can "hope" that Gandhi completes Priesthood, so we can offer Fishing + Animal Husbandry + Writing for Peace. Then hope that Gandhi doesn't build The Oracle which is likely given his low 10% chance of building any Great Wonder.

I do not see the connection with Gandhi teching Priesthood, unless the idea is just that he avoids Writing. India starts with Myst and Mining (I think), so he has a fair bit to research before Writing. As long as he does not get all the prereqs from other civs in trade, Writing should be worth something to him.

All the test runs starting Fishing -> Animal Husbandry didn't build Warriors/Scouts until much later. We need Population growth right now. That's what all the test runs starting Fishing -> Animal Husbandry did at this point. Perhaps, we should pick one, like ianw1610's and stick with it until new Game Information suggests otherwise? (I'm picking ianw1610's test run because it had a good Civil Service sling-shot date and also went further picking up The Great Lighthouse and The Colossus.)

A Workboat is probably the best choice right now.

I agree that we need pop growth to work more tiles. But we need to keep our happy and health caps in mind, especially if we do not have a garrison unit we will get extra unhappiness starting at size 3.

The Power rating is greatly affected by Military Technologies. Stalin probably has Fission and/or Rocketry and that might also explain the huge Soldiers amount. If I'm not mistaken, it isn't just a reflection of the number of units and the Technology level of those units.

Power rating is a combination of population, tech, buildings, and units. Population is presumably minimal right now (1 pop = 1000 power rating). Tech adds some, but even big military techs like Fission or Rocketry are only about 10K apiece. Assume one or two advanced techs and you get maybe 20K. Buildings are like techs, even the biggest ones only give about 10K each. There might not be any points here, or there might be about 20K again.

That leaves all the rest of the power rating as units. :( A tac nuke is 30K, an ICBM is 40K, most other units are roughly equal to their strength (e.g mech inf is 32K, modern armor is 40K, etc.). I would guess that the top AI power (preumably Stalin) is sitting on a handful of nukes. And unless he uses them on someone else (not likely, but maybe we get lucky), that means we are going to get blasted when we get around to trying to wipe him out. :(

If he has ICBMs, things could get really nasty. Any exploration of our territory -- by anyone! -- could result in a map trade to Stalin and an ICBM hitting our capital. We should be very careful about any exploring Stalinist units, and we may want to avoid/prevent exploration of our territory by any AI.

Not much we can do about that until we can turn around our Diplomacy with them and make Peace with at least some of them. The others we may want to reduce in size via our military before we make Peace. At least let's be open to the option of not making Peace with all AIs until we have them down to a manageable size.

:agree:

@Sun Tzu Wu - this is what I did in my test game. I propose we stick to this for my turnset:

Research: Writing - Mathematics
Builds: Workboat - Warrior - Warrior - Library (and leave the Clam unimproved for now)
Worker improvement orders: - 1st Cow Pasture - Riverside Gold Mine - Other Gold Mine - 2nd Cow Pasture

This generally looks good to me, as well. I think after the library we start running scientists to get our academy. And the following build should probably be a second worker, then a settler.

By the way, don't forget that the theme of the game is 20th century leaders... I know Victoria lived to 1901, but Churchill is our opponent on this occasion, not Victoria.

Thanks for the reminder, ianw1610! I completely forgot this, despite having played SGOTM10. :hammer2:

We have:

America - Roosevelt - Industrious/Organized - favors Mercantilism; adopted Representation, so started with Constitution or Pyramids

China - Mao - Expansive/Protective - favors State Property (already adopted, so has Communism)

England - Churchill - Charismatic/Protective - favors Nationhood (not adopted, so has something other than Nationalism? Or just not switched yet?)

France - DeGaulle - Industrious/Charismatic - favors Nationhood (already adopted, so has Nationalism)

India - Gandhi - Spiritual/Philsophical - favors Universal Suffrage; has Alphabet

Old Russia - Stalin - Aggressive/Industrious - favors State Property; has military power (presumably)

So far we have evidence (direct or circumstantial) that all rival civs have something -- a tech or military power -- left over from the old world, except for England. Presumably Churchill has something, we just do not know what yet.

On the roster, feel free to slot me in wherever. I have Civ IV running on my new machine now. :D Although there are a few issues due to Windows 7 (I get an error at startup that I have an invalid video capture device??), I can load the SGOTM12 mod. So everything is mostly good there.

@Sun Tzu Wu
I brought up the fact that the test game wasn't going to get the actual game a few times. There was not much that could be done, it was only after turn 8 or so that we were able to bring up a diplomacy screen with all AI rivals. We also could not gift techs with the AI unless we were at peace, or we could try for peace with a tech to bribe, but that didn't work.

Gandhi was willing to talk to us on Turn 3, and the rest fell in line through turn 8. By willing to talk, you could bring up the diplo screen. They did not seem interested in umm, discussing anything.

I'm surprised that Fishing and Animal Husbandry were not sufficient for a Peace Treaty with Gandhi. Fishing alone at turn 8 sufficed in the test game.
I think its pretty obvious the test game didn't get the actual game perfectly.

Assuming no war casualties on either side, how bad can "This war spoils our relationship." get?
One thing I noticed was that war weariness was decreasing over time.

@hap

2) We gift techs to try to get a peace deal. This means we try to get a deal with Gandhi first, since he is the only one we can trade techs with currently. This may prove difficult as Gandhi will start picking up early techs from other AIs once he meets them, leaving us little to offer.

Even so, I think we should not divert our planned tech path just to hope for a peace deal. The risk of not getting one is too high, so let's continue our tech as planned and eventually we will have enough to trade.
I agree with this option

If he has ICBMs, things could get really nasty. Any exploration of our territory -- by anyone! -- could result in a map trade to Stalin and an ICBM hitting our capital. We should be very careful about any exploring Stalinist units, and we may want to avoid/prevent exploration of our territory by any AI.
Agreed

Should be able to look at the game tomorrow. Some thoughts though.

If we want the CS slingshot agree writing should be our next tech. Then my thoughts would go through Myst, Poly (I prefer it to med if we go for the GLib) Priest - Math - CoL. Once we have a Lib up we need to run scientists till the academy and even then I would keep them till we get the slingshot done or time it so the Oracle and CoL come in on the same turn. The big downside is the lack of expansion.

Builds (at work and have habit of losing posts so doing smaller ones). Agree with workboat, warrior to explore, warrior/library. The trouble is fitting in the eaxtra settlers/workers we need which is where micro planning will be needed. Definitley not my strong point.

I do not see the connection with Gandhi teching Priesthood, unless the idea is just that he avoids Writing. India starts with Myst and Mining (I think), so he has a fair bit to research before Writing. As long as he does not get all the prereqs from other civs in trade, Writing should be worth something to him.

I simply meant we can Research Writing, hoping that Gandhi does not research Fishing or Animal Husbandry and does research a prerequisite of Writing, like Priesthood or The Wheel -> Pottery, but not Animal Husbandry. Thus, when we complete Writing, we would have Fishing + Animal Husbandry + Writing to offer for a Peace Treaty with Gandhi.

Perhaps, I should not have bothered to say the above, since we have no control over what Gandhi researches nor do we even know what he is researching.

Sun Tzu Wu

I'll look to play in ~36 hours from now, so still plenty of time for anyone to comment.

Just managed a quick look at the save. Regarding worker turns I think the worker should go to the cows SE of the city, then cows to the West, river gold then other gold. That way won't lose a turn in movement. Builds def favour wb then warrior..

Position seems like we are in the North becaus of thw whale but no guarantee with this map.

I'm wondering whether building The Great Wall would be helpful in getting much larger amounts of Espionage or No Great Wall and at least a strong focus in building Courthouses to run Spy Specialists?

We may want to steal Technologies from AIs rather than trade. We may not want to make Peace with all AIs just to trade Technologies. It may be helpful to have 4-16 times the usual amount of Espionage points being generated to have greater success with the very odd starting conditions of this Game.

Building The Great Wall will probably cause us to sacrifice another Great Wonder with possibly greater benefits, but I think we should at least run maximum Spy Specialists as soon as we have Courthouses to support them.

Does anyone else agree? Any comments?

Thanks,

Sun Tzu Wu

Adding iNoTechTradeThreshold and iTechTradeKnownPercent values for our opponents to the useful summary information on them that haphazard1 thoughtfully provided:

America - Roosevelt - 15/30 - Industrious/Organized - favors Mercantilism; adopted Representation, so started with Constitution or Pyramids

China - Mao Zedong - 05/50 - Expansive/Protective - favors State Property (already adopted, so has Communism)

England - Churchill - 15/30 - Charismatic/Protective - favors Nationhood (not adopted, so has something other than Nationalism? Or just not switched yet?)

France - De Gaulle - 10/40 - Industrious/Charismatic - favors Nationhood (already adopted, so has Nationalism)

India - Gandhi - 15/20 - Spiritual/Philsophical - favors Universal Suffrage; has Alphabet

Old Russia - Stalin - 05/80 - Aggressive/Industrious - favors State Property; has military power (presumably)

iNoTechTradeThreshold: An AI leader will stop trading a rival any technology, if he realizes that the rival is becoming too advanced, and this happens when the rival has received via trade a certain number of technologies. This value sets the number of technologies.

iTechTradeKnownPercent: An AI leader will monopoly a technology (refusing to trade it) until the specified percent of rivals have acquired it.

Stalin at 05/80 is nearly worthless as a trading partner and we may not want to be at Peace with him ever anyway.

Mao Zedong at 05/50 is almost as bad as Stalin. If he sees us getting 5 Technologies in trade that he hasn't forgotten about, he will refuse to trade with us, because we are too advanced. I would suggest no active attempts to make Peace with him, unless we have good Strategic reasons.

DeGaulle at 10/40 would be a marginal trading partner. He has double the Technology threshold as Stalin or Mao Zedong before refusing to trade, but 40% of all rival Civs (3 of 6 rivals) would need to have a Technology before he is willing to trade it.

Roosevelt and Churchill at 15/30 are good trading partners, especially since they can see us acquiring up 15 Technologies that they remember before they consider us too advanced to trade with. They will also trade any Technology that just 30% of all rival Civs have (2 of 6 rivals).

Gandhi at 15/20 should be a better trading partner, but 20% of all rivals is still 2 of 6, so he is technically only as good a trading partner as Roosevelt and Churchill due to round off "error".

One Caveat is all our Opponents will trade every Technology they have to us (for the right price), if we have Friendly Diplomatic status with them. There may be a few exceptions, like perhaps Stalin. A bigger exception is no AI will ever trade a Space Ship Technology. If we want to get those from an AI, we will have to steal them via Espionage or build The Internet (effective only when two AIs know the target Technology).

Sun Tzu Wu

Very useful info, Sun Tzu Wu. Thanks! We should link to this post from one of our initial summary posts -- can you add such a link, JH?

We have three good potential trading partners with Roosevelt, Churchill, and Gandhi. If we can get something from the others, great, but most of our trading will be with these three.

Getting anyone to Friendly in this game will be very difficult. We have a permanent -5 with all AIs from declaring war and nuking, plus aggressive AI is turned on for additional hidden negatives. I do not think we can count on ever getting any AIs to Friendly. We would need something like +14 visible diplo to overcome all the negatives and hidden modifiers -- very, very difficult. And that assumes we do not get any additional negatives from close borders or refusing to stop trading, etc. Although I guess refusing to stop trading will not happen, since we are almost certainly going to be everyone's worst enemy even if we can get peace.

Still, we should not base our plans on getting Friendly monopoly trades. We will need to work within the WFYABTA limits. Fortunately 15 techs is pretty generous, and the AIs do "forget" trades over time.

... plus aggressive AI is turned on for additional hidden negatives.

Aggressive AI in Vanilla and Warlords is simply a hidden -2 Attitude value.

Aggressive AI in Beyond the Sword simply means the AIs build more military units. Although there may be an indirect connection to negative Attitude as a result, there is no direct hidden negative Attitude associated in BtS like there is in Vanilla and Warlords.

However, a pronounced side effect of the AI building more units is that its Research rate is consequently significantly less.

Sun Tzu Wu

I'm wondering whether building The Great Wall would be helpful in getting much larger amounts of Espionage or No Great Wall and at least a strong focus in building Courthouses to run Spy Specialists?

We may want to steal Technologies from AIs rather than trade. We may not want to make Peace with all AIs just to trade Technologies. It may be helpful to have 4-16 times the usual amount of Espionage points being generated to have greater success with the very odd starting conditions of this Game.

Building The Great Wall will probably cause us to sacrifice another Great Wonder with possibly greater benefits, but I think we should at least run maximum Spy Specialists as soon as we have Courthouses to support them.

Does anyone else agree? Any comments?

Thanks,

Sun Tzu Wu

Espionage Economy - here are my thoughts...

I'd want our first 2 GPs to both be Scientists. One, with urgency, for an Academy, and then a second to bulb some of Education.

With an Espionage Economy, the first Great Spy typically does not het used to infiltrate an opponent (he is used instead to build Scotland Yard). It is only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... Great Spies who would infiltrate.

And as we are not Philosophical, it would take a lonnnnnnnnng time to generate 2 x Great Scientists, followed by 2 or 3 or 4 Great Spies...

As for a Wonder which we could sacrifice... maybe one or more of the AIs already starts with a wonder tech, and will comprehensively beat us to a wonder...

...also, as I found in the test game with The Great Lighthouse... it is only valuable in the presence of established foreign Trade Routes. If we have no Open Borders / Trade Routes, then its return is very limited... so in that situation, this would be a candidate to be skipped.

And so I guess I have no conclusion!! Any other comments on the topic are welcome!!!

With an Espionage Economy, the first Great Spy typically does not het used to infiltrate an opponent (he is used instead to build Scotland Yard). It is only the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... Great Spies who would infiltrate.

I was actually planning to settle the 1st Great Spy in the Capital, use the 2nd Great Spy to build Scotland Yard and settle subsequent Great Spies and in the End game use Great Spies either for Infiltration or Great Ages.

Another possibility is Scotland Yard in each of several Cottage Cities and some occasional use of the Espionage slider to double Espionage from these Cities, directing all Espionage on a Civ who has a valuable Technology we want to steal and trade the stolen Technology to the others at a significant profit.

A Cottage and Scientist Economy works OK for Catherine as well. Just wondering whether we should attempt to get a few Great Spies via Courthouses, other Espionage buildings and even The Great Wall. We could plan to capture The Great Wall which would avoid the risk of not not generating Great Scientists for our 1st and 2nd Great Persons.

Sun Tzu Wu

Well... that was probably the dullest turnset ever!!

We researched Writing. Gandhi researched The Wheel & Pottery. Yet he STILL will not take a Peace Treaty, not even for Writing + AH + Fishing.

No Peace with any of the other AIs. I think, for the short term, we probably only need to be at peace with Gandhi, Churchill & Roosevelt (as they are the only ones with reasonable training thresholds). Also possibly look to obtain peace with whoever is our neighbour on our landmass (assuming it is not one of those three).

I just completed our first Warrior, and he has just started exploring on the current turn. We need 1 more Warrior, to be a defender for our Capital – this will take 3 turns – and then we should build the Library and run the 2 Scientists.

As in the test game, I aimed to mine the 2 Gold before pasturing the 2nd Cow, to make the most of the early commerce boost.

As for what we research next, we have several options:

- Mathematics – this was next in the test game, however in the test game, it was researched to be trading bait with Gandhi for Alphabet, which likely won’t be possible this time.

- Alphabet – maybe we can get peace via trading with another AI (Churchill? Roosevelt?) and somehow do some trading and bring in yet more techs to get peace with Gandhi.

- Masonry – pre-requisite for both The Great Lighthouse and The Great Wall. Gandhi doesn’t have it, so we could add it to our peace offer for him.

- Mysticism---Polytheism – on the path to Priesthood, and Gandhi doesn’t have Polytheism, so we can add it to our peace offer.

- Bronze Working – to help with chopping Settlers, Workers & Wonders, and Gandhi doesn’t have it, so we can add it to our peace offer.

Sun Tzu Wu up next!!

Here is your Session Turn Log from 3200 BC to 2560 BC:

Spoiler :

Turn 24, 3040 BC: Churchill adopts Slavery!

Turn 25, 3000 BC: The borders of Capital have expanded!

Turn 34, 2640 BC: Capital has become healthy.
Turn 34, 2640 BC: You have discovered Writing!

Turn 35, 2600 BC: Capital will become unhealthy on the next turn.
Turn 35, 2600 BC: Gandhi will trade Alphabet
Turn 35, 2600 BC: Capital will grow to size 3 on the next turn.
Turn 35, 2600 BC: Stalin the Despicable adopts Slavery!

Turn 36, 2560 BC: Capital has grown to size 3.
Turn 36, 2560 BC: Capital has become unhealthy.

Top Bottom