m-NotWIII: A Game of Thrones--Game Thread

Would me withdrawing me vote from yon ſeon lad make thee happy?

Then I ſee no point in me unvoting me fake accuſer.

I'm a hawker, maybe a hat works for me?
I dunno. Confirm yourself as an innocent, and then I'll share my hat. On an unrelated note, if anyone has a quill, i could make good use of it, as I am a novelist. I'd even give you this magnificent hat in exchange. :goodjob:

I don't know. I can't just go giving my possessions away, can I?

Why would I need to go to such drastic measures to get a useless hat?
Maybe yon hat not be uſeleſs after all.

If it's useless, why would you care?
Thinking the ſame here. Uſually, no items without any abilities at all are put into play by the GM unleſs he really wants to cauſe trouble, which would not appear to be the caſe.
Zack said:
That's what I'm starting to think.
Aye… ſtill not sure about it, lad, but ſeon does not ſeem to be as good a lynch as the object-hider, link16.

btw Zelda ſucks.

Update Fourteen

The saddest part, it seems, of any town that peters out is how it compares to the grand structures built in the shadows of our minds. Even Traum in its heyday, which was every day by the king's decree, probably didn't live up to the memories constructed in the midst of despair. These images and feelings had somehow turned during the past week. It had gone from a sense of hope, a beacon of purpose that would drive the town to eliminate the evil devouring it from the inside, to a lofty mockery of their current situation. In short, Traum was discovering how serious, how precarious their lives hung in the balance between life and death. It was a far cry from the innocence of just a week earlier.

Say the carnage ended now. What was Traum left with? A Hawker, a Novelist, a Bartender, a Miller, and a Blacksmith. Almost half the town would be fairly useless in restarting the town, and more than half if we included the Hawker, who would be a useless middleman in a town that produced approximately nothing.

It was true that nary a smile was to be had in the town. Hard lines slashed across the men's faces as they deliberated over the future. But this day was far different from the last. A crazy glint of determination was in everyone's eyes. Deliberation reached its finest this day. Many fine speeches were had; this paired with some fine wine, whine, and cheese made for a remarkable day.

Analysis of the situation pointed directly at the Miller Takhisis, who looked quite shaken at the accusations.

"There's no way you can lynch me! I'm one of the few that actually does an honest day's work around here!"

This was true. The Hawker had taken to only yelling out goods for sale once every few hours, where "yelling" is taken to mean "weakly moaning, going through the motions", and "goods for sale" meaning "random things he picked off the ground," which granted was true even when business was booming.

Still, it was decided democratically, which was still quite the novel idea.

The Miller stepped up to meet his fate. He looked upwards and stayed silent while waiting for his sentence. It came quickly.

Spoiler :
He was innocent!

The news came as quite a shock. Everybody was so sure that it was him that they hadn't even bothered electing a mayor or passed around the ornamental sword. A grand commotion ensued, but finally it died down and the few remaining citizens returned home.

--

It is now NIGHT.
Night ends October 15th!

Update Fifteen

Why would you stay here? The voices of the dead and the past whispered through the trees that lined the streets of Traum. They freely mocked the living, for even with the lack of corporeality the dead still had their insouciant attitude (in fact some only achieved this again after death, their last portions of their lives being filled with either being lynched, being murdered, worrying about being lynched and/or murdered, and general worry about the toll that their worrying was taking on their lives.)

And so there were four.

Four souls lost consciousness that night, to flit to the land of the supernatural. Their heads hit their pillows with a vengeance. Sleep was something they all desired. To end their worrying about the direction that the town was headed in. For a chance at peace, because right now their lives were shattered to pieces. For a time when everybody was joyously irreverent, instead of of the mean-spirited irreverence and malaise that was now besotting this town. For a good pint of ale.

The Novelist link16, however, had figured everything out. In his dreams, the pieces were all clear. It was as clear as a Bannor's devotion. The nodes of his graph irreducibly pointed to one suspect.

A door opened. Someone was using an outhouse.

Another door opened, this one in closer proximity to link16. A silhouette could be seen.

"It's you," said link16, judiciously avoiding referencing the would-be assailant by name to increase dramatic tension.

"It's me," said the man whose outline was the aforementioned silhouette. A quick scuffle later, the Novelist's eyes had been jammed with his own quills. He was written out of history right then and there.

Spoiler :
The Novelist was innocent.

And then there were three.

As if on cue, the three congregated at the town square. The graves of the dead lined the sides. The statue that would have been constructed for the king loomed down imaginarily on the survivors.

The Hawker Zack arrived first. He simply sat down on the scaffold and waited. He knew something was going to happen. He had a feeling. He wasn't wrong, either, as he saw Bartender classical hero shuffling up the road, polishing a glass, which glared like his eyes. Oh, and what was there on the other side but the Blacksmith Seon.

The two stragglers placed themselves equidistant from Zack, who had the courtesy to get off the scaffold and stand on equal ground with the other men. It was a Balseraph standoff. None could trust another. Tensions ran high like the Retired Soldier before his timely death (he had been due any day, probably.).

"It was you, Blacksmith!" yelled the Bartender, who had forgotten Seon's name in the heat of passion. Spit flew out of his mouth like maggots erupting out of a barely-alive insect.

"Are you sure?" said Zack uncertainly. "Might have been you for all we know."

The Blacksmith couldn't take the perceived (and real) insult, though. He leapt at the Bartender, who swung around and brought up his glass, which connected with a satisfying-for-classical-hero-and-yet-not-satisfying-to-Seon smack. Blades of glass embedded itself in the Blacksmith's cheek where the blow had struck, yet the man was built like oxen (he was that powerful) and he plowed through to give the Bartender a nice punch.

"Wait! Stop!" yelled Zack, running over to the commotion. No one heard him, which was just as well, because he was going to be as effective at breaking the fight up as a puppy is to draw everyone's affections.

Which is to say, very effective.

It bears mentioning that by this time in the dialogue Seon had leapt on top of the Bartender and started mercilessly inflicting collateral damage on the Bartender's internal organs. With a smooth flick, the Hawker grabbed Seon by his collar and threw him off. Seon was so shocked that he couldn't react in time for Zack's blisteringly fast follow-up stomp to the face, which dazed the Blacksmith so much that he couldn't help but succumb to the flurry of blows that ensued.

classical_hero had somehow witnessed this in his catatonic state of being. Something was not right here. Where had--

"Exactly," said Zack. He squatted down on his knees and cocked his head at the Bartender. He was grinning maniacally. It was the least he could do for a fellow Balseraph.

Thump.

And so there was one.

Zack stood up, nay, hopped up with a spring. His feeling had been totally justified.

--

The game is over! The Grigori Assassins win!

--

Well, that's that. I will post up PMs sometime, if you're all interested in that. Please do tell me about the game. AARs are always welcome. I want to know your thoughts on game balance, any issues that you may have had, etc.

And thanks for playing!

Ha, I freaken knew it was zack! two games in a row i have been killed after i accused the villian (werewolf/mafia)

So who had my staff?

LightFang said:
Role: Shepherd
Race: Hippus
Strength: 1
Victory Condition: Innocent: Eliminate the forces that seek to destroy the town.
Ability: None.
Item(s): None.
Personal Goal: Lead Your Flock: You’ve lost—or somebody stole—your precious cane. You need to get it back.

Background Story: Although you serve a vital purpose to the town, keeping the sheep exercised and always grazing on the best grass so that the town will have amazing wool and delicious sheep should they want any, you’re also the butt of many jokes. I mean, seriously, you’d never even consider sleeping with one, right? That’s just wrong! Even if they are warm and fluffy...Anyway, you don’t have your beloved flock anymore. When the good king was murdered, they all ran. Probably a bad omen, you thought, and one that you’d have to fix, so here you are.

Everybody knows that a real shepherd has a cane, but you’ve managed to misplace yours. It’d be nice if you got it back.

Oh no i read and its my cane i am missing lols :p

Were all the P.O. s wild goose chases for non-existent items? So Zack was Grigori Assassin. How did he win at the round of three?

Did he have strength three?
Role PM:
Spoiler :

Role: Herbalist
Race: Balseraph
Victory Condition: Innocent: Eliminate the forces that seek to destroy the town.
Personal Goal: Take a Trip: Get your hands on some devilweed.

Background Story: Such magic you can wreak upon men! You fashion yourself a bona fide apothecary, although you’re really just a regular herbalist. Still, you do what little bits of magic you can with the folklore you’ve picked up and what you’ve learned on the job. It’s not a bad job, really, and sometimes, when you don’t know what to do, you just mix together arbitrary roots and people get better all by themselves. It’s probably for the best that you pretend that you know exactly what you’re doing at all times.

You do know the opiates very well though, and so if some happened to fall under your possession, well, who could blame you from imbibing with some?

I have to say, Takhisis set himself up rather nicely! :D
I was lynched with only TWO votes. Needless to say I stopped posting in this thread after I was insulted even though three days passed ebfore the enxt update.
Tip for town: next time, don't personally insult other players. All you'll do is get them to leave the game.

My Role PM:
Spoiler :
Hi! Thanks for taking over! You'll have Ekolite's position! He was the Miller, so I'll be enclosing his opening PM here. Thanks again!

--

Role: Miller
Race: Bannor
Personal Goal: Hit the Road: Secure a means of escape, and do so. If you do this, it will count as you fulfilling your own victory condition.

Background Story: You were probably born milling. At least, that’s what your father told you. You come from an entirely non-distinguished lineage of millers. It’s not that exciting of a job, just grinding grain into flour. You never get to unleash your creative side. So you scratched out a mediocre existence in a mediocre town, dreaming of when you’d get to escape. When the king died, you thought it’d be a great chance to run away, but somebody noticed you and you had to pretend that you were very interested in the situation and stayed behind to help. You may as well help out, since you can’t do much else.

Still, you’d love to escape, so if you ever come across a person or a tool that could help you run away, than you might not think twice about doing so.

My role sucked. Useless Item, Scanned as Mafia, Impossible PG.

And, of course, I get night-killed Night one anyway. :lol: This is the second MNOTW game in a row where that's happened.

Role: Duke
Race: Bannor
Ability: Distrust: Since the townspeople are naturally distrustful of authority, you know that if you’re scanned, you won’t look very innocent.
Item(s): Ornamental sword. It’s actually pretty flimsy and it’s pretty much useless in combat. You don’t even know how to wield it, anyway.
Personal Goal: I Will Survive: Survive until the end with a higher strength than any one remaining innocent person, and you’ll be able to become King due to your sheer power.

Background Story: You’re not really a terribly bright person, which meant that you were perfect for the aristocracy. Unfortunately, the Bannor didn’t really have any need for such figures, caring only about Junil, so you left. Luckily, you met the former king of Traum somewhere along the way and you two proceeded to have merry adventures. You were usually the butt of his jokes, the Huck to his Tom, but it was all right because he always came through in the end. He promised you that he’d be the king of the world one day, so when you woke up one day and found that he’d somehow become the king of a village, you didn’t really ask much. He made you a duke, and so you lounged around your dukedom, which was your house.

Since you don’t really pull your weight around town, the townspeople are naturally suspicious of you, so despite your good intentions, they’ll probably ascribe malice to your actions should they decide to scrutinize you.

Top Bottom