The Ultimate Map Thread

I've checked all the various map threads, but I haven't found anything similar to this; Does anyone have on hand a blank version of the map used for ABNW3? Before anyone asks, no, it's not identical to the Northernstyle blank provided in the thread.

I've checked all the various map threads, but I haven't found anything similar to this; Does anyone have on hand a blank version of the map used for ABNW3? Before anyone asks, no, it's not identical to the Northernstyle blank provided in the thread.

I believe fc developed it for EQ, but anyways, I'm sure EQ is nice enough to give you the blank map if you ask. :)

I believe fc developed it for EQ, but anyways, I'm sure EQ is nice enough to give you the blank map if you ask. :)

Thanks for the information. :cool:

There's a 1914 map on the first page.

Looks bloody good kkmo!

Looks bloody good kkmo!

Thanks Abaddon! If you like it so much, join my NES. :D

Here is some more:

Sekai so far:
Spoiler Sekai So Far :

Natural Regions:
Spoiler Natural Regions of Sekai :

Listing of Natural Regions:
Spoiler Listing of Natural Regions :

Lakes and Seas
Seto Sea
Lake Biwa
Lake Saroma
Lake Akan
Lake Suwa
Lake Kasumigaura
Lake Shinji
Lake Inawashiro
Lake Kuttara
Lake Towada
Lake Ogawara
Lake Kussharo
Lake Ikeda
Lake Toya
Lake Hamana
Lake Shikotsu
Lake Nakaumi
Lake Hachiro
Lake Chuzenji
Lake Mashu
Lake Tazawa

Rivers
Tokoro-gawa
Omono-gawa
Saru-gawa
Rumoi-gawa
Kakehashi-gawa
Kamo-gawa
Agano-gawa
Chikugo-gawa
Miya-gawa
Tenryu-gawa
Abe-gawa
Suzuku-gawa
Yahagi-gawa
Ibi-gawa
Sho-gawa
Kita-gawa
Ata-gawa
Nagara-gawa

Forests
Shimogama Forest
Tadasu no Mori Forest
Keta Woods
Dewa Forest
Yahiko Forest
Kasugarin Forest
Woods of Seifa Utaki
Tenkawa Forest
Kashima Forest
Atsuta Forest
Grand Forest of Aokigahara

Mountain Ranges
Hidaka Mountains
Kii Mountains

Asia really isn't my theme sadly :/

Asia really isn't my theme sadly :/

I wouldn't think of it as "Asia" as much as a unique fantasy world with a basis in an interesting set of mythological stories and creatures.

Thats fine, and I don't mean any offence by it.. i'm sure there are others that will just drink it up.. i'm just too eurocentric to really "get" my head around it...

Thats fine, and I don't mean any offence by it.. i'm sure there are others that will just drink it up.. i'm just too eurocentric to really "get" my head around it...

No offense taken at all. I've heard many things from people that played the old Sekai, that it is too "Asian" for their tastes. I don't quite understand how such a culturally rich geographical area on our planet that has provided the Earth with a lot of its innovations is somehow out of bounds compared to Europe... but then again - not everyone is that into that sort of thing and the funny names must be a little bit intimidating. ;)

I guess I was just tired of the same old Orcs, Elves, Dwarves business. Can't really go wrong with that Lord of the Rings-esque Euro-centric mythology, but to me personally it has just become so damn dry. Must be all the D&D and PBEM games. :(

Well for me, i simply have NO connection with Asia.. least of ALL culture types.. its just so far removed from me. I'm not doubting its interest, its variety, its equal importance as any other culture.. I just know so little, and associate even less.. it has just hard get into.

(Says this while playing AS China in BirdJaguars NES..)

That's fine. But really, I think an interest in Asian culture is not really necessary to play this NES. It is a fantasy NES, after all, and I have been quite liberal in my interpretations of this mythology.

But I gotcha.

Meh. Lessman maps can be okay for general guidelines as to what goes where but don't look at them for the actual borders. The Byzantine Empire and Bulgaria are done pretty badly on that map in particular.

I compared it to what was described in 'Power and Plenty' while reading it and it helped situate me.

PS: thanks for the heads up on that book everyone- its awesome.

Meh. Lessman maps can be okay for general guidelines as to what goes where but don't look at them for the actual borders. The Byzantine Empire and Bulgaria are done pretty badly on that map in particular.

Not to mention the fact that Volga Bulgarians are placed further East than traditionally accepted (Map).

Top Bottom