Imperial Dynasty Game II (Game Thread)

Lord Civius

Emperor
Imperial Dynasty Game II

Welcome to the IDG II, please post in the Citizen Registry thread if you wish to become a citizen of the Empire. Also If you have any questions about the game please post them in the Citizens Thread.

This is the Game Thread, here is where the Family Houses post their recommendations and pay tribute to the Emperor. This is also where the Emperor posts the game saves and his turn reports. Game related discussions are also welcome but keep it on point, no spamming please.

Artonian Empire

Emperor: Empress Adelaide Vahalax of Reichkaiser
Approval Rating: 66%
Regent to the Empire: Fuataga of Grand Huber
Year: 1700 AD
Researching: Nationalism
Turn Report with Game Save​

Game Rules

Spoiler :
Emperor
The Emperor is the player in control of the turnsessions. His dynasty lasts as long as he holds favor in the Empire. When he is crowned Emperor he holds a 100% approval rating. He holds his favor by acquiring Imperial tributes from the family houses. As long as he gains tribute from 50% or more of the Families he remains Emperor. If the Emperial tributes fall below 50% he is overthrown and the Empire enters a state of rebellion. After each turn session the Familes have 48 hours to pay tribute. This is done by a simple post from the leaders of the families in the game thread. A non-post from any family House will be considered as a tribute to the Emperor.

Regent (to the Empire)
The Regent is appointed by the Emperor and is his rightful successor. Should the Emperor not be able to fulfill his duties for any reason, the Regent will become acting Emperor. Just as an Emperor can be overthrown, so can the regent. If he fails to gain 50% or more of the Families tributes' after his turn-session, the Empire enters a state of Rebellion.

Rebellion
Once an Emperor (or Regent) is overthrown the empire enters a state of rebellion. The Regent then creates a Rebellion poll (within 48 hours) to crown a new Emperor. The Regent is to list the names of all Families in the poll. All registered Citizens may vote in the Rebellion poll. The head of the Family with the majority of votes is then named Emperor. In the event of a tie, a run-off poll with the 2 families will determine the winner. While the Empire is in a state of rebellion the turn-session rules are suspended until a new Emperor is named.

Family Houses
The Family Houses are the platforms where most of the discussions take place, and are the 'Nobles' that allow an Emperor to take the throne and hold onto power.
  • Any citizen may choose to join a Family House but can only create one with permission from the Emperor. However before the 1st Emperor is chosen any citizen may create a Family House.
  • Family Houses elect a leader from within their ranks to head the Family.
  • The Emperor may grant cities to a Family House wherein the Families Leader would be the faux Governer of the city(s).
  • Family Houses put forth recommendations concerning management of their city(s) and overall decisions concerning the Empire, however the Emperor makes all final decisions.
  • Family Houses choose whether or not to pay tribute to the Emperor after each turn-session, choosing not to pay tribute is a vote of no-confidence for the Emperor.
  • Players are encouraged to RP the hell out of their Family Houses :D .

Generals
Generals are Military advisors to the Emperor and can be chosen (by the Emperor) to lead our armies in individual conflicts and campaigns. They would act as Designated Players during times of war and hold complete authority of all decisions during their turn-session. Any citizen can be named a General by the Emperor. Emperors may also grant Generals "titles" or "merits" for their service to the Empire.

Turn Sessions
Turn Sessions are a set of turns played by the Emperor. He may or may not choose to do the turn session during a live chat, this is referred to as a turn-chat. The Emperor will post the day and time of a live turnchat and you can participate (or just watch) by clicking on the "Chat Room" link located at the bottom of the screen. Choose a Nick name (your user name) and connect.

Turn Session Rules
  • The Emperor must play atleast 10 turns and a maximum of 20 turns per session.
  • The Emperor must play a minimum of 20 turns and a maximum of 40 turns per week.
  • If the Emperor cannot play a turnsession for any reason the Regent will play it in his absense and also fulfill his post-turnsession obligations..
  • A save file must be posted within 24 hours of the turnsession.
  • An Emperor report must be published in the Game Thread within 48 hours of each turn session. This report must include all relevant data and informative screenshots.
Game Settings
Spoiler :

Platform
Civ4 BTS 3.19 (No Mods)

Leaderhead
Leaderhead will be chosen when we crown our first Emperor. All Family House platforms for 1st Emperor must include a Civ Leader so choose wisely.

Gamesettings
  • Leaderhead- Joao II
  • Civilization- American (chosen randaomly)
  • Map- Fractal
  • Size- standard
  • Climate- Temperate
  • Sea Level- low
  • Era- Ancient
  • Speed- Epic
  • World Wrap- Cylindrical
  • Resources- standard
  • Difficulty- Monarch
  • Options- Unrestricted Leaders and New Random Seed on Reload.
  • Victory Conditions- All

Imperial Library

Artok Dynasty 4000-3000 bcCivplayah Artok I's memoir-
Spoiler :
"When I build the Artonian house, I had the intent of uniting the tribes through the use of a good platform. Expansion, and Imperialism, I believe, is the key to success. There are many people who thought they would make a better leader, but a fellow named John agreed with me and my platform. With that, I united the tribes and built more houses and expanded my house (to make a palace) to form a small village which I named after myself, Artok. During my rule, I had a vision of taking rock and gems out of mountain for value. In fact, I have a gem that I mined myself in my younger days. We ate and bred and expanded and prospered. The people were happy and healthy. But, I went exploring in the forest to the north, leaving Civius, my right-hand man, to rule the nation. Because of my absence, the people overthrew me. The voting is happening right now, but I'm too torn to vote. But, honestly, if John were running, I would vote for him."

-Civplayah Artok, 3499 BCE

1st Octavian Dynasty 3000-1250 bc
Memoirs of Civius'-
Spoiler :
During the reign of Octavia our Civilization began its first expansion and founded the City of Octavia. A monument to Civius was constructed increasing our culture. Large fleets of Fishing vessels were also built there and the city has prospered to greatness. The Octavians also tamed the wild horses that roamed outside of the city and used them for military units and beasts of burden. During the reign of Civius III we met our first rival Empire, Shaka of the Native Americans. Shaka was cocky and threatening to the Artonian people and the Emperor vowed that he would pay for his pride one day. Our first organized workforce was established and we began working the lands around Artok and Octavia. This increased commerce and production in the Empire. Countless discoveries were made during the Octavian Dynasty and also the Empire made its first Civics change. To its shame the Octavian Dictator enslaved the people encompassing the lands outside of our cities. In the end Civius III died and his regent from the house of Reichkaiser assumed power. Soon after the Empire entered a state of rebellion and Cathal of Reichkaiser bacame Emperor of Artonia ending the 1st Dynasty of Octavia.
-Dreytius, Orater of Octavia 1250 BC

1st Reichkaiser Dynasty 1250 BC-250 AD
excerpt from the Memoirs of Cathal I-
Spoiler :
I have always lived in the shadow of my father, Vandal the Victorious. He was always known as a champion of the people and a millitary genius. Now, I have carved my name into history. As emperor, I wanted to outshine my father, and prove to the world that I am not just Vandal's son. But, there is still this emptiness inside my heart. As I lay in wait for death, I think of my son, and what he will acomplish as emperor. But, I simply wish that he find his own way.

Huberian Dynasty 250-1060 AD
As tradition dictates, James Huber, chronicler of the Grand House of Huber has comprised his memoirs of the Huberian Dynasty-
Spoiler :
The Huberian Dynasty was the culmination of Imperial power. When Regent David of Huber took the throne as Huber I, he knew that change was needed. The Empire was a small weak nation, that was becoming the pawn in a larger new world order that the Native Americans were striving to create.

In response Huber I reacted quickly to increase the size of the military to oppose the forces working against the Empire. Land and economic reforms were passed, and slowly the Empire became a more powerful force. With the declaration of war against out foes the Native Americans, the Imperial Empire transformed from a small nation on the edge of the sea, to a military powerhouse capable of destroying the most powerful nation in the known world.

Although wars will sometimes drive nations apart and leave technolgy progress by the side, the Imperial Empire reached out to the world, and found partners to oppose the Native Americans. Huber I was able to double our technological knowledge, and increased the standing of the Empire with the other nations in the known world. In the end, the nation of the Native Americans was defeated, and the Imperial Empire expanded it's grasp on the former N.A. territories.

With the passing of Huber I, the throne was passed to Huber II, and his adminstration built upon the framework established by Huber I. The Native Americans were once again punished for their insolence, and their capital became the newest addition to the Empire. Worker reforms were enacted to increase the size of the worker population to handle the increased land reforms being pushed through, and economic reforms were increased to establish the foundation for a strong economy.

The end result of the Huberian Dynasty was a complete transformation of the Empire. No longer was the Imperial Empire a mere nation on the coast. It had turned itself into the pre-emminent power on the continent. Other nations rely on us to keep them safe, and the Huberian Dynasty paved the way for a brighter, richer, and larger future.

2nd Octavian Dynasty 1060-1600 AD
2nd Reichkaiser Dynasty 1600 AD- Present
Empress Adelaide Vahalax of Reichkaiser 1600-1700 AD

House Athenaeum

House of Reichkaiser
Spoiler :

Reichkaiser Family Tree:
Spoiler :

The Arkan Kings:
Spoiler :
Arkas I -
The unifier of the Arkan Culture. Sometimes referred to as Arkas the Builder. He was Unopposed in rule.
Arkas II-
Son of Arkas the Builder, and victor against the Alasian barbarian hordes. Named Arkas the Victor. Unopposed in rule.
Arkas III-
Son of Arkas the Victor. Founder of the lost Arkan religion. Unopposed, and named Arkas the Pious.
Lakansar-
Brother of Arkas the Pious. Nothing notable during rule. Apposed, and named Lakansar the Weak.
Dielos-
Son of Lakansar. Began rule at age 10, assassinated at age 13. Apposed in rule. He was named Dielos the Young.
Severos-
Brother of Lakansar and Arkas III. Began rule at age 51, died three days later. Apposed in rule. Named Severos the Old.
Ano-
Son of Severos. Killed in a duel with Arkus I, ruled for four years. Apposed in rule. Named Ano the Lost.
Arkus I-
Great-Grandson of Arkas the Victor. Brought ancient Arkan Culture to its greatest extent. Unopposed in rule. Named Arkus the Great.
Hielos-
Brother of Arkus I, beginning of the collapse of Arkan culture. Apposed in rule and named Hielos the Lazy.
Arkas IV-
Son of Hielos, collapse of Arkan culture. Apposed in rule and killed in fire. Named Arkas the Burnt.
Arkus II-
Son of Arkus I, founder of Reichkaiser family. Named Arkus the New.
Arkus III-
Son of Arkus II. Nomadic King. Named Arkus the Nomad.
Chaerus I-
Son of Arkus III. Nomadic King. Named Chaerus the Steadfast.
Sereus I-
Son of Chaerus I. Helped found city of Artok. Named Sereus the Steadfast.
Vandal I-
Son of Sereus I. General of the Artokan Army. Victor at the Battle of the Great Field. Last Arkan king. Named Vandal the Last.

The Arkan Warrior Culture:
Spoiler :
As I reflect on my duties as Head of the Reichkaiser Family, I recall the traditions of the Reichkaiser ways. Although our family name is the Reichkaisers, we belong to a larger group. The Arkans. Our civilization had once been united, if only for a short time, under my three greats-grandfather Arkus the Great. We had settled in a fertile valley, known as Valakan. It was there where our culture flourished, and collapsed.

In our culture, a man was bound to a single woman for life. Disregarding the rule would result in death. Same with a woman. When a child was born, male or female, it would be kissed by family head, if worthy, if the child was not deemed worthy, the child was not kissed and killed. All male children were born to fight as a warrior, they were hard-wired killers from birth. The female children were raised by their mother, as either a farmer, or builder. When he or she was 10, they were paired with a future partner. When a women turned 14, she left her family to live with her husbands family, and begin her job as either farmer of builder. From then on, there would be no other ceremony a woman would participate in, unless they requested to join their husband or son on the Great Hunt.

Male children, at age 17, would go on the Great Hunt with their Father, Uncles, another designated by the head of the family, and Mother if she requested. The Hunt began when their members would go into the forest, and search for Lakoas, or "Great Beast", with the child (or children) at the lead. After one night, they would return with their best kill, if it was accepted by the rest of the family they would eat the beast and the child or children could be accepted as full Arkan warriors. From then on, the partners would build a home and raise a family. At any moment, the men of the house could be called into combat.

As I finish this entry, I dread on the day when we were scattered by the day it rained fire, and only the Reichkasiers and two other small families remained. We were forced into a nomadic society. Never-the-less, we upold all our traditions to this day

Journal of Sereus, Pretender to the Crown of the Arkan people.

House of Huber
Spoiler :
The Grand House of Huber is the cohesive foundation for the remaining three families after the Great Battle of pre-historic times. These famililes are the Draknith's, the Dankis', and the Huber's. Although the House stands as a collection of separate families the ancient Huberians were once a single nation. The Huberians were from an area known as the Neider Valley. It was a lush land full of resources, and these resources were harvested and collected for the betterment of the entire people. A highly advanced people, the Huberians were capable of harnessing the power of the stars. Their downfall was linked to this advanced technology, as the ancient book of Armegedon describes the final days of Huberia:

… And the night broke as if in an instant the sun were touching the ground. Light as bright as day filled the sky, and the sound of the Earth quaking beneath our feet shook all to their core. Although the cold of winter, the doomsday brought forth heat hotter than the worst of summer days. In an instant, the great city of Huber was laid to waste, and the rest of the great cities crumbled thereafter…

After the downfall of the Huberians, the remaining groups of people formed their own tribal groups. These groups learned to work with eachother to keep trade alive, but as the years went on suspicions lead to outright feuds. The tribal groups broke down, and warlords rose to fill the power gaps left by the tribal councils. Soon enough all the tribes were forming alliances against eachother, but these alliances were short lived, and friends geenrally turned into enemies. No one was safe. The last of the great warlords fought the Great Battle which lasted five days and pitted the last seven tribes against eachother. In the end three tribes remained, and if it was not for Davidus of Huber, the battle would probably have claimed all the lives of every tribe. Instead Davidus of Huber helped the remaining tribes leave the Neider Valley, and the remaining tribal leaders pledge their oath to the young man. The three tribes formed individual family units under the leadership of Davidus of Huber's lineage. The group eventually formed a representative council to organize and protect the growing family, and this council is still in session to this day.

Everything changed however on that fateful day. The group had recently set up camp in a section of woods overlooking a small valley near a river. It was this day that Draknith leader of the Huber's encountered the other leaders of what would become the House of Octavia, the House of Artok, and the House of Reichkaiser. The four leaders on that day sat down and created the civilized society that we see today.

House of Fuataga (Grand Huber)
Spoiler :

The History of the family of Fuataga:
Spoiler :

**A vivid history of Fuataga, as told by Salu Niu - the head orator of Fuataga**

My name is Salu Niu, son of Salu Sa, son of Salu Foa, son of Salu Taimi, son of Salu Tu'u II, son of Salu Tu'u I, son of Salu Fo'u, son of Salu Nesi, son of Salu Loa, son of Salu Tau, son of Salu Liva, son of Salu Tusa, son of Salu Fa'a, the son of the first Salu - Salu Salu. My task given from the high-paramount Chief: Pei Fuataga, blessed be his name, is to recite and explain the origins of our family - our history and our ancestors!
Although, it is considered very sacred and taboo to discuss the origins of our caste system amongst our people, I was directly told by the Chieftain Pei himself - blessed be his name - that for the sake of the historical importance and relevance of our entire clan it must be recited and included in this reciting of our history. As the "Fa'a" or caste system is the basis of our whole society and thus dictates the relationship between the many individuals that make up our clan as a whole.

*NOTE* - The word: "Clan" is substituted for the word: "Family" as it personifies a more grandeur and greater sense of Fuataga. Also, the term is used so that outsiders understand that Fuataga is actually a collective clan of may families, but traditionally: the Fuataga clan is simply called: "The family of Fuataga".

The origins of the Fuataga caste system:
Spoiler :
In time before time, the great supreme God; Atua created two people, a man and a woman. The man was named: Fua {our first ancestor} and the woman: Taga {our second ancestor}. Fua and Taga made one flesh {hence we derive our clan name from them: "Fuataga"} and produced children - the most famous of which were five brothers, each with very distinct gifts and qualities. Their names were: Pei, Salu, Toa, Naku and Lana. From these five brothers birthed the five castes which make up Fuataga Society.

The Fuataga Caste System is divided into three traditional general groupings: The Head, The Body, The Feet .

The head:
Pei; who was the eldest of the five brothers was gifted a loud voice, a voice which boomed to the heavens every time he spoke. He was gifted profound wisdom to make decisions and find solutions to problems, no matter how hard or complex those problems were. He was also very tall and muscular - but was never inclined to doing much labour. His job, was to govern and lead his brothers and to settle disputes when they arose. His tall, imposing body - always adding to his overall persona: one of power and prestige. And so the first caste was born: The Chiefs - Each carrying the name "Pei" in honour of the first Pei. The Chiefs are given the responsibility to rule and make decisions over the clan. Each small family within the Fuataga clan {in which there are some 200} have their own family Chief, in which he or she {although it is very rare for a woman to be a Chief, it is not unheard of} makes decisions for the family. Decisions such as; how many males of the family will be sent to fight for the clan {trained to be Toa from birth}, the selection of a potential woman or man to marry into his/her family, the proportioning of food amongst the family, enforcing the traditional laws and making sure they are obeyed and generally just making sure the family is bringing honour and pride to themselves. Every five years {which commemorates the five brothers} a supreme "Chief of Chiefs" is elected by all the Chiefs of the small families within the Fuataga clan. Whoever is selected will be the supreme law giver and ruler of all the happenings of the Fuataga. The current paramount Chief is "Pei Fuataga the Great" - blessed be his name!

The next brother; Salu was bestowed with a keen interest in the world around him and had a far more superior memory capacity, as he would memorise every single conversation that him and his brothers would have. In comparison to the rest of his brothers - Salu knew a lot more than they did and had a stronger connection with Atua, the creator. Salu grew himself a beard which would turn whiter and whiter with every inch that it grew. Hence the famous proverb amongst our people: "Like the beard of Salu, your power grows!" From Salu, came the second caste: The Orators. Orators are only second to the Chiefs. Their role is to keep and maintain the history, legends, myths, names and important dates of our people. For this reason, they are greatly respected and revered - some even more than the Chiefs. Furthermore, similar to that of the Chiefs, the Orators make up a very small percentage of the population and there exists usually only one Orator for every small family within the clan {although there have been some families such as the: "Nu'u" who are famous for having more than two Orators in their family}. The Orators also act as advisers to the paramount-Chief and to the petty Chiefs as well. Their guidance, combined with the wisdom of the Chiefs make up the ruling-elite of the clan. And thus; the Chiefs and Orators form the "Head" of the Fuataga caste system.

The body:
The third eldest brother; Toa was given the gifts of speed, strength, skill and stamina. The most skillful of the five, Toa would regularly display his fighting prowess by killing huge wild animals with his bare hands or run long distances for many moons without tiring. Such is meant by the proverb: "Like the body of Toa" - in praise of an individual who has displayed great fighting skills in war. Toa was also considered the "casanova" of his day, as woman folk from other surrounding districts would marvel at his supernatural like abilities. Toa is also remembered for having a great dislike for his youngest brother; Lana - as one legend recalls Toa telling Lana to fetch him a drink of water from the Spring of Life, instead Lana brought back a drink of water from the Spring of War. Hence people chosen to be born within the Toa caste are constantly at War. As the legend implies; from Toa came the third caste: The Warriors. The Warrior caste is formed from a male only population, who are forbidden to marry until permitted to by the paramount Chief {although frequent infatuations with foreign woman folk do occur, it is a very rare happening for a Warrior to marry a non-Fuataga woman, once relieved from service, as this would bring shame on his family honour} - Traditonlly; Warriors were selected by birth from the many small families within the clan, and sent away to the Warrior barracks in which they were trained and taught in the art of war. However, in the last one hundred years it has become more common place for the Warrior caste to accept men who have displayed 'Warrior Virtues' from the Naku and Lana castes. This has happened in an attempt to expand the Warrior caste in order to subdue larger opposing forces. Also, it has meant that the traditional rivalry between the Toa, Naku and Lana castes has decreased. The role of the Warrior caste is to defend the clan from attack, or to attack the enemies of the Fuataga clan. The Warrior caste also acts as the "policing" unit under the direction of the Chief caste, which deal with any serious crime or inner-clan threat. The Warrior caste is substantially larger than the Chief or Orator castes - mainly because it is through the Warrior caste that the most honour for ones family can be gained, and thus, many families send nearly all their male members to grow up within the Warrior caste. The Warrior caste make up the "Body" of the Fuataga caste system.

The Feet:
Gifted with the ability to create tools, different forms of shelter and deadly weapons {for his brother Toa} - Naku is echoed throughout our oral history as the "Atua amongst men". This is because Naku could always create something, where others saw nothing. The great God Atua blessed Naku with the power of craftsmanship, Naku is remembered as the most resourceful of the five brothers. For instance, there is one legend which recounts the time when all five brothers were surrounded by many enemies - Toa, directed by Pei created a bottle-neck in which to break through the enemy lines, however after a while Toas' hands began to become weak. It was at this point, that the resourceful Naku created a sharp spear from a near by branch and threw it to Toa. This then allowed Toa to kill the enemies faster and therefore, create a bigger and wider bottle-neck in the enemy formation which thus made way for the other four brothers to escape. For this reason, the fourth caste traces their origins back to Naku - they are; The Craftsman. The Craftsman caste {which also includes traders and merchants} are economically and socially important to the clans existence! For they are responsible for the erecting of new building and infrastructure, forging of weapons and armour for the Warrior caste, trading surplus with other neighbouring clans {notably the Hill peoples to the far north} and generally stimulating the clans economy. During the early epochs of our clans history, the Craftsman were generally the young sons of Chiefs, Orators or the "incapable" males which were not sent to the Warrior caste at birth. However, in the last three hundred years - due to the increased contact with other peoples and trade in ideas and goods, the Craftsman caste has become renown as the "diluted caste". As many Craftsman children are of mixed blood. This has led to a tremendous amount of discrimination towards the Craftsman caste from the Chief, Orator and Warrior castes. As a result, the derogatory term for some Craftsman is: Naku Leai Sama Nui or "The one who spits on Naku".

Finally, the fifth and least respected brother: Lana, was overlooked during the giving of gifts - and thus, since he had no outstanding gifts, was used as a slave and "fetcher" by the other four brothers. Lana is the shameful ancestor of the lowest caste found within Fuataga society; The Servants. Unlike the other four castes, Servants are not extracted from the family unit - instead, they have their own ridiculous and primitive ways. The Servant caste have their own "Chief" - who divides the amount of labour that each Servant family must undertake for the whole clan. The Servant caste form the majority of the clan. Their task is to sweep the streets, empty latrines, fetch water, cook, clean, bury the dead, hunt and generally just serve for the other four castes needs. In ancient times, Servants were executed for small offenses which offended their higher caste superiors {such as not kneeling low enough or paying the due respect} - but in this epoch, the conditions in which the Servant caste is treated has improved slightly. There are many reasons for this, but the main reason is that some Servant families have by chance, given the Warrior caste able Warriors {such was the case with the family of Su'a - which made caste history as the first and only ever family known, to have moved up into the Toa caste, from the Servant caste}. But mostly, the Servant caste are there to serve. Nothing else. And although both the Naku and Lana castes make up the traditional "Feet" grouping of the caste system, the Lana are seen as much lower individuals than their brothers: the Naku.

House of Artok
Spoiler :
Awaiting entry

House of Octavia
Spoiler :
Awaiting entry

The First Turns have been played!

Civplayah of the Arton Empire (America and Joao II)

The proud Arton (the civs adjective) settlers founded our first city, named after the Imperial House.

Here are some screenshots that might interest you. They basically document everything that happened (not much). We started on a barracks, but, realizing it took to long, switched to a warrior.
View attachment Civplayah BC-3500.CivBeyondSwordSave
The save
Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
The Genesis
Civ4ScreenShot0058.JPG
Starting info
Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
Mining
Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
Artok
Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
Artok info

Yay.

I haven't really played much as them, but they have great a great UU and a great UB

America... f%&* Yeah!!!

Excellent. I'm pretty familiar with america, but not Jao II. Looks like an excellent spot for a capital city!

Well, the blue circle was there, but when I got there it moved, but I decided to settle there anyway. I'll name the rest of the cities after your families, or maybe your usernames. How's that sound?

I think it's whatever you guys wanna do. We could say that in those matters the 'multiple family council' could be called by the emperor to answer such things. I'm just glad I can see something going on. I put my recomendations in my story line, but I can post them here too.

Glad to see we got the first turn-session in, we nailed a great starting location.

With all due respect Emperor I do recommend hauling a$$ over there to get that goody hut before a foreign scout does. Animals cannot penetrate our cultural borders so send the first warband. The house of Octavia also recommends you build a workboat and get us some clams to eat at the upcaoming festival at the Palace...sir :king: .

The House of Octavia will grant the Emperor tribute this turn-session.

EDIT: BTW When you open the save it still shows we are building a barracks.

OK I've played the save and will get to the report tomorrow. Here is the save.

Attachments

• Civplayah BC-3000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    60.8 KB · Views: 202
Civius was awakened by a loud voice outside of his room in the Palace. There was no mistaking it, Vandal threw open the door along with the Imperial Gaurd blocking it. "Civius, the Emperor has not returned from a hunt, it has been three days and the people are becoming restless for their leader". I told Vandal to form a search party. "All able men General, spare no one." Vandal said he would take the 1st Imperial Warband that were gaurding the city along with the new unit being trained.
I ordered the men of the Octavian House to begin construction of a Work Boat while the unit under training was searching for the Emperor.

The Search Party was off that morning heading North, before long they were at the borders of our Empire. One of the Warbands scouts returned to General Vandal with word that there was smoke off in the distance. The Party was redirected and made a beeline towards whatever was burning in the distance....

As they approached they realized it was a village and even more the Warbands trackers detemined the Emperor had been where they were standing now, and his tracks led to that village. He assembled the first warband before him" Warriors of the House of Reichkaiser it is now time to put our training to the test". With that the warband began marching into the village, General Vandal Warlord at its' helm.
Just before Vandal gave the order to search the village hut by hut the Emperor appeared before the warband. He explained the villagers were a peaceful tribe called the Moavians. "They wish to join our Empire and have given us a map of the lands to the north".......

Civplayah and Vandal sat down to discuss the map at the edge of the village while the Warband helped the villagers finish burning the rest of the huts down. "The Chieftan has told me of a village to the north right here" Civplayah pointed to spot on the coast. "The warband shall head north. The Arton people need their Emperor, you should head back to the Arton lands". Civplayah shook his head, "Vandal, Regent Civius is very capable of keeping an eye on the Empire for me. I wish to explore the land and strengthen the Empire with another village of people". So they headed north while the Moavians made their way to the Arton lands.

It was a long and ardous task making there way through the thick jungles. Just when they were at their wits end and ready to give up the jungle cleared and they were upon a large river. The men bathed and began crossing. When they reached dry land to their surprise the village was before them the long journey was at its end. This time Vandal did not organize his Warband but had them enter the village as peaceful explorers.......They had no idea the villagers were hostile.....

It must have been the elite training from Vandal that saved the day. Immediately the Imperial Warband was in formation, clubs at the ready marching towards the barbarians. "Charge!!!" yelled Vandal. The villagers had never seen anything like it, they quickly retreated into the jungle and just as they appeared they were gone. With Babarians roaming the lands Civplayah decided the safety of the Empire was more important then continuing to explore and ordered the men to return to the Arton lands....

Meanwhile I, Regent Civius, was overseeing the Work Boats construction. His people had crossed the Great River nearly a mellinium ago and the art had been passed down through the generations. This was far from the floating rafts his people had built so it was taking a long time to perfect. As he was making his rounds Draknith of Huber approached him. There was an awkward silence for a moment, then Draknith told him the House of Huber had been working on an art of domesticating the beasts in the Arton lands.....

"Our people will greatly benefit from your Houses work lord Draknith." He then told me the House of Huber was working on another project.....

It wasn't long before the Work Boat was completed and scores of Artonians showed up to watch it depart for the clams. Even the Emperor and the Warband watched from atop a hill in the distance.....

With a bountiful amount of food I ordered the people to organize and begin training to work the Arton lands....

The Emperor and Warband returned to the great city of Artok and once again the people had their Emperor back. There was a great feast of Clams and the entire Arton citizenry showed up for the Event. Our Empire had come a long way. Civius finished the last sentence in the Imperial Journal and handed it back to Civplayah.....

I, Lord Polaris, holder of the reight of Huber and Lord of the Grand House of Huber am unable to give tribute to the Emperor due to the rise in inter-house disputes. Unless the Emperor is able to bring about peace within the empire, I believe that new leadership is needed to create a sense of community amongst the houses. Therefore, I request that the Emperor call for a council of the House Lords to select a new Emperor, or the House of Huber will enter into a state of rebellion against the current administration.

I also believe that the new administration must develop the technology to advance our military directives, and increase the size of our military. Building projects should be put on hold while we develop the land around the capital.

The House of Octavia inplace of the Emperor cannot give tribute to itself. The Regent has failed to gain a 50% popularity within the Empire and we are now in a State of Rebellion. As Regent I will post a Rebellion poll so we can elect a new Emperor. The turn session rules are officially suspended until a new Emperor is crowned.

from the Game Rules

Rebellion
Once an Emperor (or Regent) is overthrown the empire enters a state of rebellion. The Regent then creates a Rebellion poll (within 48 hours) to crown a new Emperor. The Regent is to list the names of all Families in the poll. All registered Citizens may vote in the Rebellion poll. The head of the Family with the majority of votes is then named Emperor. In the event of a tie, a run-off poll with the 2 families will determine the winner. While the Empire is in a state of rebellion the turn-session rules are suspended until a new Emperor is named.

Super awesome thus far guys. Now that I've had a chance to look at the map, we definatly should look at a city pos. 4N and 3W from the center of the city. Have we come across wondering barbarians yet? Probably going to need an army with some might, so bronze working and all that jazz may be good, if we want to go on the offensive. Otherwise go for the defensive techs. Guess our next emperor has alot to deal with, will he succeed or fall under a revolution...?

Super awesome thus far guys. Now that I've had a chance to look at the map, we definatly should look at a city pos. 4N and 3W from the center of the city. Have we come across wondering barbarians yet? Probably going to need an army with some might, so bronze working and all that jazz may be good, if we want to go on the offensive. Otherwise go for the defensive techs. Guess our next emperor has alot to deal with, will he succeed or fall under a revolution...?

I switched to WB on my first turn to get us some food to produce a worker and start getting our resources. I personally build a worker first and bee line BW in my private games if I I can't found a religion (myst free). With our abundant resources and plenty of forests I would have preferred to whip and chop some settlers out early and go for a specialist economy. I think we can still consider this but I think it is more important to get the capital up to par for a good settler/worker farm. After the wheel (we need chariots) I would beeline BW.

As far as the 2nd city I couldn't agree more with you. If we didn't need the Horses I would say go with the great production city 2N and 4E.

Once we have these cities we need to concentrate on commerce cities and a GP farm.

Top Bottom