New Futuristic Plane Model: now I need a texturer

Sarg

Chieftain
After a couple years of reading these forums, finally I decided to post something :)

The Barracuda is a futuristic plane inspired in WH 40K Thunderbolt Fighter. The model is 1600 polys and mostly finished.

Now the problem is that I REALLY suck at texturing. I have been working on both Simcity 4 modding and Second Life and texturing there is done face by face, applying a different UVW map to each primitive. I have yet to learn how to texture this way, so any pointers/tutorials will be greatly appreciated

Meanwhile, I would love it if someone could take care of texturing this model!

Looks awesome. Very nice. I have no idea how to texture, but I'll skin it once someone does! Again, very nice. :goodjob:

How many polys does the common Vanilla model have from CivIV?

1600 for a plane is fine, if by polygons Sarg's referring to triangles (faces). Otherwise, it is a bit much.

I'm using the polygon counter that comes with 3dsmax, which, if I understand correctly, counts the number of triangle faces (it returns 12 for a cube).

I really tried to keep it between the limits mentioned by Rabbit, White in another thread :) He said up to 2000 triangles, so I kept it like that.

Any texturers? :D

Top Bottom