New GMR hotseat game, regular players please

Banman

Prince
I'm looking to start a new hotseat game on Giant Multiplayer Robot (http://multiplayerrobot.com/) soon. It would be great if we could get a quick-cycling game going where we're playing at least a turn a day on average!

If you're interested, check out GMR if you haven't already and get your account set up over there. Be sure to set up e-mail notification for both GMR and this thread to an e-mail address you check frequently! That way we have a better chance at avoiding languishing turns, etc. Then post in this thread that you want in, any preferences you have in terms of game parameters and your likely playing times. I'd like to try to stagger the player order so the turns move as quick as possible during the day.

Left to my own devices, I'll probably set up continents, quick, as small a world as the # of players allow. Hopefully, we can get at least 4 players.

You invited me to play in another thread, and I would love to!

I play at various times during the day, every day. I live in Eastern Standard Time (MA) which is...GMT-6? Daylight savings screws it up...

I would prefer to have standard speed. I don't particularly care how many players there are, but I would like to play with 8. Perhaps we can just set up another game for that though. But yeah, standard speed is important to me.

Are we going all random or are we picking civs?

EDIT: I can ensure that I play before 4pm every day (Eastern Standard Time). Also, how exactly would I set this thread for emails?

I'm in too. GMT -6(EST)

Would like to play in one with you that actually goes a turn a day or so! I'm in if there is room!

This is InsaneTrollLogic. If ya want to shoot me an invite Ill join. Im -6 GMT, central zone in the U.S. I tend to play my turns 7am to 10am and sometimes Ill check it before work in the afternoon. Are you doing DLC's for this one? I have no preferences and will try playing anything. Actually scratch that, no great plains map please.

If someone pages Onan, we will have the same bunch of people in this game:) lol. The last four candidates have been proved to be reliable, BTW

Awesome! Good to see all you guys!

Here's what I'm thinking -- right now we're at six players, I'll leave it open for another day or so and see if we pick up any more. First thing tomorrow EST (prob. about 9am) I'll set up the game on GMR and invite all of you (if your Steam ID is different than your CFC ID, be sure to post it).

How does everybody else feel about speed? I'm open to standard speed (I agree with GamerKG -- I do think the game is better balanced that way), but given the slow pace of a turn-a-day game quick speed might be nice. I'll go with the majority on this one. GamerKG, if we end up going with quick in this game you can count me in for a standard speed game if you want to start one in addition!

So far it sounds like continents is to everybody's liking, so I'll stick with that.

DLCs: I generally play with just the vanilla, cuz it's easier for GOTM and HOF games than having to remember to move my folders around. Planning to do the same here.

Re: Civs: personally, I'm going to go random but I've got no problem with folks requesting particular civs --> if you've got a preference, select it when you accept the GMR invite and I'll use it in the game setup.

I'm on EST (UCT-5) with most of you, and also check frequently during the day -- and can generally guarantee a minimum of being able to play a turn around 9am and 5pm pretty much every day. Does anybody else have specific times that they would normally be playing their turns? so far I've got (all in UTC-5, EST):
Banman: 9am, 5pm
GamerKG: by 4pm
BlueCollar: 8-11am
Based on that so far, I'd put player order for those three Banman-BlueCollar-GamerKG ... if everybody else is checking frequently I would just distribute other players evenly into that order, or let me know if you think one particular slot is more likely to work for you reliably.

@BlueCollar, Islandia: Good to see you guys! I'm looking forward to playing with you guys into the double-digits of turns :D I think we've almost made it to turn 10 in a couple of games ... :S

@GamerKG: If you go to "My Account" at the top of your CFC screen, a list of your recently subscribed threads will pop up. Click the link for "View all Subscribed Threads" -- this will pop up a list of all threads you've posted on/subscribed to with check boxes on the right side. Check this thread's box and scroll to the bottom, pull down the "Selected threads:" box and select either Instant e-mail notification or Daily e-mail notification and hit "Go." that should do the trick!

I would like to play. A turn a day i should reach easily.

My time is +1 GMT

Steamname is the same as on here, so Nouco.
I downloaded everything so you should find me :).

Best time i can play is between 8:30 and 11 AM. This due to my work.

Oh right, we might not have DLC.

Well I have all the DLC and would be OVERJOYED to play with it.

Just to clarify this means:

Mongolia (duh)
Babylon
Korea
Wonders
Polynesia
Spain&Inca
Denmark

The others don't affect if we can play with them right? Maps only matter to whoever makes the game.

This will be my first multiplayer game. Also, I am wondering if all the bugs I posted still exist if we load the game every turn? It may clear whatever is going on in my game.

Hi GamerKG, to my knowledge (anybody correct me if I'm wrong) any multiplayer game can only use DLC that every player has, so we're really limited by the player with the least DLC. I have an intermediate amount myself, but I think some of the other players have less ... simplest thing from my point of view is to go with the bare minimum (vanilla + mongols) ...

what is everybody's DLC situation? I could include babylon, denmark, spain, inca in addition to vanilla + mongols, or any combination thereof. In the absence of consensus, I'll just stick with vanilla + mongols.

@GamerKG: hopefully we won't run into those bugs -- I haven't heard of them happening in the GMR games, though most of those seem to have not advanced far enough to be expected to encounter them, it seems. When you saw them, were you playing continuous hotseat on one computer, or were the turns being e-mailed? If you were on one computer, I bet you're right --> reloading the game (as will happen every turn) might avoid them ...

Well you are correct in that we are limited by the person with the least, but I am pretty sure the map packs have no effect. Once the map is made, it is its own file (just like all other maps) that doesn't need the map scripts.

Whoever makes the game needs to reduce their DLC to the minimum we can all handle when they are making it, but afterwards can return to normal. To do this I think you remove the DLC from the My Docs folder.

Well I'm sad, I love the Ancient Wonders :(

Guess I'll just have to adjust my playstyle. Also, El Dorado and the Fountain of Youth come with Spain/Inca if I'm not mistaken. Cerro de Potosi was always in right?

I should mention I am UTC - 8 and I can take turns throughout the day so other than midnight to 8 am I should be good! I just have vanilla, but if everyone is dead set on a certain DLC, I'm sure I can buy it. I just haven't played civ5 enough to even know the Vanilla civs yet so I haven't bothered with any of the new ones.

STEAM_0:1:35303660

I have all DLC

Play time is usually around 6-11pm, or 7-9 am GMT+13

And I've subscribed this thread for daily email notice

Top Bottom