loading a mod every time

kristopherb

Protective/Charismatic
How do you make mod X run every time you load civ4 up?

change:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

in your .ini file to say Mod = X instead. then make sure the X mod folder is under the /Mods folder.

Another way is to create a desktop shortcut that loads the mod, very handy if you play with several different ones and still want to play "vanilla":

Just change the shortcut's command line to something like the following:

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe" mod= mods\mod_folder_name

...assuming you're playing Warlords, of course. Just substitute the path and file name of the vanilla version if that's what you're playing with.

hmmz.

would that work even tho i already changed my shortcut to read "I:\civ4\Civilization4.exe /ALTROOT=K:\civ4\" to change where the saved files go? if so, would i put the mod= part after or before the /ALTROOT?

could be handy, since yes i do have to unload my default mod to load your games *giggle*.

hmmz.

would that work even tho i already changed my shortcut to read "I:\civ4\Civilization4.exe /ALTROOT=K:\civ4\" to change where the saved files go? if so, would i put the mod= part after or before the /ALTROOT?

could be handy, since yes i do have to unload my default mod to load your games *giggle*.
I have no idea if one goes before the other or not. You should be able to combine multiple parameters into one command line, though; most applications allow that. Try it and let us know!

i am going to show this thread to hubby when he gets home from work. i expect the idea of someone suggesting that i try fiddling with anything like that on my computer without him home to supervise will either frighten him so badly that his hair turns instantly white, or that he just about falls out of his chair from laughing.

but i just may try it if he's here to, like, be the babysitter and make sure i don't totally break the whole pc. if anybody could, i could!

If do so can i easy unload the mod like if you open the mod manualy

Top Bottom