MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

Brundagana had elected its leaders by itself, as opposed to a hereditary line of kings. It was full of flora and fauna, with its coast containing numerous amounts of dolphins and dugongs. It was very populous, with the nearby cities of Sofala and Quelimane trying to steal competition from Brundagana City. However, they would be amazed by Brundagana's wealth and superiority. Sofala and Quelimane were large, but not as large as Brundagana itself.

However, some guy was just randomly making music, smashing flint against a rock. This rock, however, had magnesium in it, and a fire started. Soon, Brundagana experimented with more flint and magnesium, and instead, found that it made fire, a source for cooking food and heat. This allowed a much longer lifespan, increasing the population of Burgundy by allowing less food poisoning.

Brundagana was a largely meritocratic society. The Man That Discovered Fire was regarded to be one of the richest men in town. However, another great discovery would grace the country of Brundagana.

The Way of the Confederation
The Darali

The government of the Confederation of these clans is a balance of central power of war and indivisuals of thought. The two had fought as single tribes but united in the central King and his greatest warriors and advisors the Darali.

The Darali, a group of advisors that the King apoints for his reign, are either chosen for their smarts or for their position: The king cannot chose one within two steps of his family in his caln. They are often also the indivisual leaders in war, investigaters in breakthroughs and pacifiers of rouge bands. Finally, they were given land to administrate, not to own. To increase their power they try to introduce better and better methods to the land, helping not only themselves but also the Confederation as a whole.

Under the Darali are the Great Chieftains, who often hold the spiritual and mental heart of the people as the king, unless energetic, usually is forced to stay near his stone palace and the districs of Yuthi. They are elected by the Clan Elders and are leaders for local affairs.

Finally, The Clan Elders, the weakest official to participate in the Great Assembly when it is called, yet the most influencial in their own little hamlets. Voted by the mayers and family elders in their own influencial Clan, they are the true power holders under the Darali: able to vote for the Great Chiefs who hold the power to advise the king more often than themselves. They are the first that the villages look for to settle disputs as Family Leaders often are biased and they are the most commen leaders in battle, leading their warrior group of 20 when called up.

The other 'Clan Leader', the War Chief, is also influencial, instead of holdings of villages and friendly families his holdings often hold raw land and slaves with few people. They are paid by the government, and own few land but their men are very well trained, based from their own training hamlets. They often sell newly conquered land to expanding Clan Leaders to help spread out their people.

In the ancient history of the Confederacy, the many clans are slowly consolated into powerful families. Their names soon spread and became well known. The Clan of Kirti is contain the largest percentage of Warchiefs and their hamlets are spread along the outer fringes of the Confederacy. The Clands of Norton, Daith and others are the most influencial, the area near the capital is contained mostly by them and their family members as they contend for Great Chiefdoms and gaining influence for a seat in the Darali, finally at the Seine river are the Melth families of clans. Their power is not land, which most of them sold years ago... it is their fermented barley, which makes a drink called Methaill, commen name: Ale.

However, there is one major rule limiting the gaining of power: one must not do business underhandedly: No cheating, no assassins. Only an accepted meeting of select warriors in battle...

In the years to come, the confederacy will successfully gather the seperate interests to gain power into momentum to bring itself into the future when the King can travel farther than a few dozen leagues.

Nice.

In other order of things, I am trying to make a Tech Tree like the one in Civ4 Civilopedia, with a short summary of what you get from each technology and what technologies open what technologies. Right now, I have already put everything until the Dark Ages. If you want, I can post what I have now and put the rest on when I finish.

You also need to decide whether Arian's idea about "friendly tech researchers".

EDIT: Good stories, D'Art and Charles. Does anyone have an opinion about Update 0?

Nice.

In other order of things, I am trying to make a Tech Tree like the one in Civ4 Civilopedia, with a short summary of what you get from each technology and what technologies open what technologies. Right now, I have already put everything until the Dark Ages. If you want, I can post what I have now and put the rest on when I finish.

You also need to decide whether Arian's idea about "friendly tech researchers".

EDIT: Good stories, D'Art and Charles. Liked Charles more, but both will count the same towards the culture counter. Does anyone have an opinion about Update 0?

PROTIP: Don't say whose story you liked more. It might offend the other.

Besides, I wasn't finished.

A nice update for the beginning.

I guess I will post a story now.

The Founding of Damietta

The old priest, and patriarch of Damietta, stepped out of the small temple and watched the children play. When the children saw the priest they stopped their game and ran towards the patriarch excited for he always told a wonderful story to them. Today the old priest decided to tell the children the story of how Damietta was founded.

Long ago there was a woman so beautiful that the Gods themselves watched over her and spoke constantly of her beauty. She was so beautiful the animals never attacked her but just watch. Even the lion and crocodile would never harm her. Her name was Damietta.

Damietta did not come from Godsland in the west, nor was she born here. Instead she lived at the source of the Nile far away from here. There in her home village a horrible drought struck. The people were dieing, several every day. On the worst day of the drought a man told everyone he had a dream. That Damietta was ment to lead us out of these lands and into the fertile mouth of the Nile with the help of the Gods. Damietta did not know how to lead the people through the Nile they did not know how to make a boat suitable for travel. This is where the Gods came in. They sent her a boat large enough for her village to travel in. The Gods gave her a message to only follow the birds as they fly north, and she did that. They came to the land where we live today, and the people were able to find enough food here.

But the story does not end there. The Gods continued watching her, until two Gods fell in love with her. The twin brothers Ikerau and Akera. The brothers challenged each other to win her love. The younger Akera raced across the Sahara towards the lands where she lived. The older and wiser Ikerau instead went to his mother the Goddess of Life and Fertility. She gave him an army of mortals that were trained to fight in the desert. His mother then gave him a bag of wheat seeds. She said this would win the love of Damietta.

So then both brothers made it to village where Damietta lived. The people in the village were dieing and Damietta said she would only marry the God that helps the people. She said the people were being killed by the wild animals, and were starving for they overhunted the animals in the area. Akera said he would create an army but Ikerau brought his army forth with pride and everyone forgot about Akera. Damietta was still upset for there was no food around. Akera said he would go to distant lands and bring the food back to them, but Ikerau immediatly poured the seeds onto the ground and said they would grow into food that they can eat. The people did not believe him, but the man that had the vision about Damietta spoke up and told the people of how he had a vision from the Goddess of Life that Ikerau spoke the truth. After this no one challenged Ikerau and Damietta now happy that her people would be safe agreed to be married to Ikerau. She went with him to Godsland and left the man that speaks to the Gods in charge.

And soon the village turned into a city, and in honor of her they named the city after Damietta, and the army after Ikerau.

A Warchief’s Tale
Night Fire 1
The Hunter Hunted

Over the Sacred Fire, the fire that is never let out, for it is too precious and valuable, an old Elder of the past stood over it while small children who didn’t hunt their first rabbit yet or net their first fish sat below him. He lifted his pouch and then his eyes, he will tell the story of a past. He took out a small whistle and blew, all stood quiet. He talked, his voice not as smooth and beautiful as his youth, yet it held the wisdom of age, enough to stop the most persistent child and quiet a loud cricket outside.

He waited for the suggestions.

“Can you tell me of Kirti Storyteller Gaven Rul?” asked a boy. The Story Teller set his eyes upon him. He was new, youngest of all. His round nose and wide chins tell he was from the Terni Hish Family.

“This story is as timeless as time itself” he said using his special voice, “Yet it ended as natural things. It is an epic of many days time… One day”

One day, the world was abloom. The Sun was smiling at the world, the clouds bespoke warmth and calm. The animals acted fearless as they explored. And a soft breeze blew. Along the Hath river a hunting party stalked. Their bodies moistened with grease and anointed with greens. On their belts was a cutting knife, a long, light hunting club, a pouch of stones and a few pieces of meat and vegetables. Two walked calmly, making scarcely a sound. The other one was slowly but tried his best. It was silent as they slowly advanced to a clearing.

In it two deer are eating, a smaller one and a larger one. They will chase the smaller deer toward the cliff to the north between two strong bushes. To the east was the river, covering any slips by the third hunter. On his shirt is a star-shaped rune.

The third hunter is Gath Kirti.

They slowly readied their slings. They started spinning. In a split second the deer looked back and started their leap. Before the smaller one laded three screaming stones flew for his head.

The three hunters did not see what happened next. A dozen stones flew and crying warriors leapt out of a boat so fast no one saw it coming. The Oldest two were struck on the head but protected the younger. The Younger was cowering in the sand.

The oldest were killed but the final one, the body of Gath Kirti, was dragged into their ship, the ship too big to be a canoe, and was sped north under the sun.

He saw his brother, lying with blood from his nose. He saw his friend, his face all but rearranged. He saw his hands, bleeding with tight twine; he swore he will kill them.

They traveled for 4 suns and 3 moons. They traveled north.

And now, it is dark. The Moon rose. Sleep young ones, and remember his promise. Remember your own.

I am sorry, after reading the last few posts I will have to withdraw from this NES... you seem to be biased towards certain nations and I cannot be in a NES like that.

I am sorry, after reading the last few posts I will have to withdraw from this NES... you seem to be biased towards certain nations and I cannot be in a NES like that.

I have yet to see where I am shown as biased.
- Is it the fact that I said I liked the stories? Don't think so, because many modders have stated that they liked certain stories in their NESes.
- Is it the update? The part where it said that Rome was doomed? That was only brought by the fact that you didn't want to go forward with a free tech ("their knowledge") and a Land UU ("an ace up their sleeve").
Make them work for it. So as a result I am not sending orders until turn 1 when I can create troops and do some real nation work.
Those were your exact words. Not my fault if you decided not to heed my advice from the start.
- Anything else?

Anyway, I think it's sad to see you go, and more for a reason that I feel is incorrect. I hope that you will come back soon.

Top Bottom