Faction choose Leader Traits as part of Term 1 Faction Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia

There has been a discussion if we are to make the pre-game part of choosing a leader as part of the first Faction Election, where we got no civic alternatives to choose from. The natural substitute would be a pre-genesis election where each Faction present a national leader as part of their Faction. The Faction winning the first election, is bound to

The game will use the game option "Unrestricted Leader" to make this happen, and the First Term Faction Election will therefore take place prior to

This is a 3 day poll, public voting with only two options, yes or no.

Question: "Should we apply the game option Unrestricted Leader and thus be able to select national leader traits as part of Term One Faction Platforms for the Faction Election?"

1. Yes
2. No

The game will use the game option "Unrestricted Leader" to make this happen

This is incorrect information. The poll is closed so a corrected one can be opened.

You are not entitled to close this poll, it is a legitimate poll, I request a neutral moderator to mitigate this matter.

Define correct, something to get it your way, or our way?

Three questions are required:

Choose traits (and therefore leader)?
Unrestricted leaders?
Choose civ, or random?

I would concede that we have consensus on the first one. However, making a poll that sounds like it's asking the (obvious) first question as a means to get the 2nd one without openly asking people if they want unrestricted leaders is not ok.

Edit: If the people choose unrestricted, then it will be fine with me. I'm just not comfortable with it being a side effect of their choosing another very desirable option. It's like asking kids if they want ice cream, with a (*) with castor oil fine print.

Basically, you want the options Choose traits/leader, and with the Civ to follow?

Unrestricted is needed to make it possible to have a different civ from our own. If we decide to pick a leader, and not random civ.

The reason why we need a random civ, is that otherwise certain factions stand a much better chance to win the Faction leader election than others. Random Civ is the only way to go to get a level playing field. If buildings and UU is part of the parcel, as well as identity, the leader selection loses its core meaning. We are voting on a leader, not a people here.

If this is the case, we would like to have a repoll on minimum requirement for factions as well. I like to have fair polling practices. The other poll was much more customized to your need, even had confusing wording in poll one, yet you let it slide, as the OP shared your vote.

Look again at my previous post.

The factions will choose traits and/or leader. That is already decided by consensus.

Two decisions remain -- whether to use the "unrestricted leaders" function, and whether to pick a civ. Both of those decisions are "orthogonal" (which means "in a different direction / dimension") to the choice of traits / leader. Orthogonal decisions should be made in separate polls.

The other pair of polls you refer to was also orthogonal, as "should there be a limit" is a different question than "what should the limit be". If it had been asked as a single question, with options 0, 2, 3, 5% then 0 would have won hands down because the "yes" vote was split between 2, 3, and 5%.

Well, if the people chooses a particular Civ, prior to the election, the point is moot, since then the faction with the "correct" leader will win the election by walkover. If we decide that the civ should belong to the leader we elect through a faction, the campaign will be over not only traits,but buildings, unique units and the people itself. There is also some consensus that if we go for Faction Election Leader, we should have random civ for the sake of fairness to those factions with good traits and unwanted UUs.

The election with traits cannot include a conscious decision of bundling a civ with it, or the game will be rigged. Many of us would not like a trait election at all, if the same civ is bundled with.

Well, please set it up, but the most neutral wording ever imagined, unlike the minimum requirement poll we just saw. (I think that should be redone).

Well, please set it up, but the most neutral wording ever imagined, unlike the minimum requirement poll we just saw. (I think that should be redone).

Hang on - you're harping about neutral wording? Oh my - the irony is just so thick on that one, Provo.

-- Ravensfire

New poll is here.

I don't think it would be possible for the wording to be more neutral than this.
I'll even give you first dibs at posting your advice to voters.

New poll is here.

I don't think it would be possible for the wording to be more neutral than this.
I'll even give you first dibs at posting your advice to voters.

Actually, you did an excellent poll here, no issues with that :) Thanks.

Top Bottom