New Stardock game: Fallen Enchantress

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator

Fallen Enchantress

Fallen Enchantress is a 4x strategy game that features magic, monsters, tactical combat and empire building in a fantasy world. It is designed by Derek "Kael" Paxton, the lead designer of Fall from Heaven, and the team at Stardock Entertainment, the creators of Galactic Civilizations. Jon Shafer, the lead designer of Civilization V, created the campaign for Fallen Enchantress.

It is scheduled for release later this year, but players that preorder the game can get into the beta and start playing immediately.

Read more about Fallen Enchantress and discuss it >>here<<

Will we get one of those checkboxes in our user profile like we do for all civ games and SMAC?

Fool me once...

"Jon Shafer" - "preorder the game"

well. no thanks. :(

"It is designed by Derek "Kael" Paxton"

but then again.... :D

Edit. Btw : shouldnt it be opposite actually? You help them fix the game via beta testing in which case you should be rewarded with a free game????

Fool me once...

After buying Galac Cv II and all its addons I thought that I was pretty safe when I bought Elemental. How wrong I was. The best thing about that game on its release was that I was able to get a refund.

That would be the last time I would pre-order a game from Stardock. I have lost trust and faith in that company which was made worse on their initial reactions to peoples valid complaints when Elemental was released.

Regardless of how this one is shaping up I will wait quite a while after its release to see how it rates. I would possibly consider it only when its in the bargain bin price category.

I would enjoy it, if it has become bugless

After buying Galac Cv II and all its addons I thought that I was pretty safe when I bought Elemental. How wrong I was. The best thing about that game on its release was that I was able to get a refund.

That would be the last time I would pre-order a game from Stardock. I have lost trust and faith in that company which was made worse on their initial reactions to peoples valid complaints when Elemental was released.

Regardless of how this one is shaping up I will wait quite a while after its release to see how it rates. I would possibly consider it only when its in the bargain bin price category.

You'd think that the fact that they offered you a refund would go a long way towards appeasing you. I'm guessing it was a long/tedious process to get the refund? Still, that's still a big deal for video games.

You'd think that the fact that they offered you a refund would go a long way towards appeasing you. I'm guessing it was a long/tedious process to get the refund? Still, that's still a big deal for video games.

It did, and it was :)

But it was more of a complete disappointment that a game could be released in such a state. It was completely unplayable and, initially, the reaction was that the game was fine. Perhaps that was also coupled with my high expectations having played a lot of the Gal Civ II series.

What bothered me more was that reaction of the Dev when people were complaining of the game and all of its problems. I will not dwell on that here. But it was not nice and the main forums were getting quite hostile.

I would still consider buying games from Stardock but I definitely would not pre-order them again.

Right off to play Legend of Grimrock, now thankfully I got that one right when I pre-ordered it :)

Well blimey. Here's something to look forward to. Kael and his Fall from Heaven has been an inspiration to us all, especially for me who also created a fantasy mod for Civ 4.

"Jon Shafer" - "preorder the game"

well. no thanks. :(

"It is designed by Derek "Kael" Paxton"

but then again.... :D
In addition to being a game, FE is also a psychological experiment to see if people's love for Derek outweighs their hatred for me. Experimental results so far are quite promising. ;)

- Jon

In addition to being a game, FE is also a psychological experiment to see if people's love for Derek outweighs their hatred for me. Experimental results so far are quite promising. ;)

- Jon

It's like pairing Sarah Palin with Oprah!

I wonder how this will compare with Warlock, another Fantasy 4x coming out this year?

I wonder how this will compare with Warlock, another Fantasy 4x coming out this year?

Warlock's preorder is a LOT cheaper, and it's published by a company which is proven to deliver some really good stuff. Crusader Kings 2 is THE most interesting and challenging strategy title in a lot of years, if you ask me.

- Jon

Keep your head up Jon! Some of us know you still got it! Civ5 was a fine game. You messed up by making BtS too darn good.

Me looking after months into official Stardockpage, seeing Elemental: War of Magic v1.4 Released... Well, I could read sometime last year Stardock having dismissing designers becuz of missuccess of Elemental. After being very sucessful with GalCiv 2. I like GalCiv 2 too and horrored by Elemental. But have still hope for Fallen Enchantress joo

- Jon

Freud would definitely find it interesting :)

Keep your head up Jon! Some of us know you still got it! Civ5 was a fine game. You messed up by making BtS too darn good.

disagree, but that's the beauty of differing opinions. And he didn't "make" BtS.

Top Bottom