New Leaders (art, personalities, diplomacy texts)

Alright, I'll keep Ekmek's then. The other changes will be made tonight probably, I want to get that working, try to get the Inquisitors in too and I'll run a quick test game and hopefully that should do it. I also got a ton of Indian units to add too, after that I'll put up a playtest, I know you guys have been itching for it.

What's the exact leader changes you plan to do?
I should update my charts if we have a final list

I don't really plan on adding any new leaders beyond what you have in your chart. Later on I will definitely put out a leader expansion pack (I'm thinking of including a couple of other features in it too). I don't want to get too far ahead of myself because I'm way behind and still shaking some of the rust off.

But there will be a leader expansion, no doubt, when I send out the playtest I'd appreciate it if you (and probably TAdF) could look over all of the leaders traits and personalities to make sure I didn't miss anything. Also if you wouldn't mind taking a look at their civilopedia entries, gametext and diplomacy text that would be helpful too, although an admittedly boring job.

There has been a bunch of new LHs added to the database, and I was thinking of switching around some leaders. Here are some of the ideas I had as far as changing them goes...

I am thinking of changing the current Dido, I know it may get some protest, to SaibotLeih's Mavia. I think the leader is of better quality and on top of that my Dido is buggy and was made a while ago.

I was thinking of removing one of the Khmer LH's and adding Leiu-Ye instead. I like the way this LH looks but I didn't want to overload the mod with LHs. I could always simply add her.

I want to add Quilago as a third Incan leader. I like this LH and the Inca are one of my favorite civs to play as.

I'd like to replace Ekmek's Lady Xoc with THIS LH in her place.

I would also like to replace the vanilla Catherine with THIS ONE.

I think http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17392 would be a better LH than the current Theodora, not that mine is bad, I just like this one a lot and can't think of anyone else she could replace.

So, I was just hoping to a get a little feedback on these ideas. :goodjob:

There has been a bunch of new LHs added to the database, and I was thinking of switching around some leaders. Here are some of the ideas I had as far as changing them goes...

I am thinking of changing the current Dido, I know it may get some protest, to SaibotLeih's Mavia. I think the leader is of better quality and on top of that my Dido is buggy and was made a while ago.

I was thinking of removing one of the Khmer LH's and adding Leiu-Ye instead. I like the way this LH looks but I didn't want to overload the mod with LHs. I could always simply add her.

I want to add Quilago as a third Incan leader. I like this LH and the Inca are one of my favorite civs to play as.

I'd like to replace Ekmek's Lady Xoc with THIS LH in her place.

I would also like to replace the vanilla Catherine with THIS ONE.

I think http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17392 would be a better LH than the current Theodora, not that mine is bad, I just like this one a lot and can't think of anyone else she could replace.

So, I was just hoping to a get a little feedback on these ideas. :goodjob:

Admitedly not fond of most of those changes, beyond Dido. That Lady Xoc replacement looks more like something that belongs in Fall From Heaven, there's no good female Khmer leader we know much about to give that LH to on top of it also looking more like something that belongs in FFH, Theodora... doesn't look even the slightest bit historically accurate and the underboob just makes it look silly... Catherine's replacement kinda looks really unpolished, but with some touching up of the texture to make it look less smudged and dirty it could work...

The Incan LH... while less bad than some of that artist's others LHs, still just looks wrong to me. The face just seems so out of place. I pretty much hate every LH he's done.

I actually agree on everything dF said here. Including the dido part. No offense, but I always thought your Dido looked a bit... well... say 'overbreasted', if that makes sense :p

Apart from that, Melcher's and Saibot's LH's are all good, but they seem kind of out-of-place from the LH's of Civ4, and not really done in the same way. Therefore, I say stick with the Civ4 formula... or, of course, you could of course remake every LH to fit these new formulas, but that would require vaste amounts of space and time, so for short, stick with the LH-formula introduced by Firaxis as both you, ekmek, cfkane, nitram, me, and most of the other LH-makers have done.

I actually agree on everything dF said here. Including the dido part. No offense, but I always thought your Dido looked a bit... well... say 'overbreasted', if that makes sense :p

Yeah.. no offense Capo, love all your LHs, and Dido is still pretty good but... not even Hannibal Barca's elephants could cross Dido's alps.

That's the first female LH I ever made, I only made the breasts bigger so the torso didn't look the same as the one I ripped it from. ;)

I notice an interesting trend in your choices for replacements/additions, Capo, though the game could admittedly always use more female leaderheads. I'd never heard of Quilago before, though, and she never was a ruler in Tawantinsuyu. That's basically my objection. Well, that and as TAdF pointed out, Theodora's underboob just looks silly, along with VeBear's comment that some of those are out-of-style compared to the other CIV leaderheads.

Well, in my opinion the main purpose of the mod should be fun. So I don't always want to stick to complete historic accuracy, especially when it can conflict with something I find interesting. They were literally suggestions, and I am probably only going to replace Dido.

I do not agree with the others here
Capo, stick to some of your suggestions :)

I love melcher kurzer's work. All of them
Would definitely replace the vanilla Catherine and Isabella with his LHs (actually I already did in RFCE ;))
His mesoamerican queen is also great. Add her as Lady Xoc, and move back the current LH to be Atotzotli - Ekmek made her as an Aztec leader in the first place
I agree with TAdF on saibotlieh's LHs though, their faces are usually too girlish for my taste.
I guess this is because they are converted LHs from other games, but still.
I would only use Mavia from those 3 (with a different background she could be a pretty good-looking carthagian queen)

EDIT: on second look, Quilago looks pretty decent too
My vote goes for her too (but only if you add her, not replace any of the previous leaders)

Well, it's you against me, dF and Vortilex, so I strongly suggest that Capo leaves this to the democrazy to decide... unless, of course, he suddenly switches to Police State and have all enemies of his opinions arrested :p

Well, it's you against me, dF and Vortilex, so I strongly suggest that Capo leaves this to the democrazy to decide... unless, of course, he suddenly switches to Police State and have all enemies of his opinions arrested :p

Modding is never a democracy ;)
Even if it is, it's Capo and me against you guys, and Capo's vote counts at least 5 :D

Well, I wanted to do a general overhaul of the leaders anyway. I think we might make some cutbacks and changes in general. For instance I think Abu Bakr is going to be eliminated because I think the LH is outdated. I might do the same with Ben-Gurion too. So we shall see. For now Dido is the only change I will agree to.

Well, I wanted to do a general overhaul of the leaders anyway. I think we might make some cutbacks and changes in general. For instance I think Abu Bakr is going to be eliminated because I think the LH is outdated. I might do the same with Ben-Gurion too. So we shall see. For now Dido is the only change I will agree to.

I'm fine with Ben Gurion and Abu Bakr, honestly, I think they look okay. Personally, the only LH's I'd say look kinda... well, in need of some heavy polishing that we have right now would be the Trung Sisters, who kinda scare me whenever they pop up for demands.

That's OK with me :)

Still though, I believe there's a great Trung Sisters unit out there by Bakuel (with one wielding a sword and the other one riding an elephant)... maybe this could be the Vietnamese war elephant graphic? Would be cool to kick chinas but*ocks with a massive army of Trung Sisters

Top Bottom