What is the best tile?

Floodplains cow, one of the best tiles to start with. Only happens on some map types though D: (great plains).

I like grassland with iron. What is your favourite tile?

Best tile: I don't know from the top of my head...

Favourite tile: Riverside grassland with Corn/Wheat... next to my spawning Settler standing on riverside hills/plains on turn one!

Other tiles can always be acquired later if needed :D

Yours Sincerely

Kjotleik of Norway :)

Best tile? Gold on plain hills, coated with a floodplain in world builder. :)

Best legal tile: Riverside corn

Best fantasy-map type tile: Riverside "flood plain" grassland corn. Double digit :food: on a single tile is ridiculous!

^^this...I've seen it on Great Plains too (edit: referring to TMIT's post...damn you Cap :lol:)

lol @Lymond... hacked!

Great plains is full of screwy tiles... desert hill forests, jungle spices, floodplain wheat... I actually enjoy playing them from time to time. If you spawn in the middle of the map its almost insta-win though assuming you get a few cows in your BFC. Simply rush the guy just east of you with the better turf in the more grasslandy area, stomp whatever weenie gets stuck in the FP mire south of you, then the map is yours.

Hill pigs is my 2nd favourite tile!

Grassland gems would be cool to get too, I cant remember a time I got that.

Grass gems and iron/copper are very nice yield tiles, benefiting from being food neutral. However, sick food tiles are always #1 in my book. Food is what the game is about.

As an aside thought, what is the best tile to settle on for bonus. PH Marble/Stone would probably be the best, but I think riverside PH Wine is pretty sweet to settle on, if rare. You get a double whammy bonus.

^ I'd rather have 2 extra :hammers: than 1 :hammers: 1 :commerce: extra, so PH marble/stone wins, especially because that lets you get the bonus on wonders with just masonry and no roads, even adding a little extra wonder potential.

Anything that adds +2 tile yield over base value to a city is good regardless.

I always like deer on a forested tile. 4 food and 2 hammers is nice and if i don't get horses/copper at least i won't be wasting a tech getting to archery.

I always like deer on a forested tile. 4 food and 2 hammers is nice and if i don't get horses/copper at least i won't be wasting a tech getting to archery.

Deer on a Forested Plains tile is nice because even without the Camp it's a 2 food, 2 hammer tile. Lets you get that opening Worker out quicker.

My favorite fruit is pears. :wallbash:
I like huts tile; it can give as much as Astro, which is worth thousands of beakers. :)

From the perspective of your starting city then I love seeing cows on plains, gold in hills, a coastal city with two or three fish/clams/crabs and most definitely all the above on a meandering river system. The reason being those sort of tiles give a real kick start to your fledgling civ very early on with the right tech choices.

Top Bottom