News: GOTM118 Results and Congratulations!

civ_steve

Deity
GOTM Staff
Retired Moderator
Very delayed but the top results were soooo close, I felt I had to do some amount of due deligence. And that takes time ... So, GOTM118, Rome, Pangaea, Monarch AI, this really brought out the militaristic trait in our top players! :) 46 points separate the Medal submittals! Neo666's Fastest Conquest and earliest game submittal (300 AD), received Bronze! By 13 points, Memento's 400 AD Domination victory gained Gold over tR1cKy's Predator 420 AD Conquest victory! :goodjob: Congratulations to all the medal and award recipients! Here are your results ...

Classic GOTM 118 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Memento: 400 AD Domination Victory, 11,183 points.

tR1cKy: 420 AD Conquest Victory, 11,170 points.

Neo666: 310 AD Conquest Victory, 11,139 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Megalou: 1300 AD Spaceship Victory, 8,967 points.

Garvarg: 1754 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 6,978 points.

denyd: 2050 AD Histographic Victory, 5,987 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Award Winners:

Kuningas: 450 AD Conquest Victory, 10,868 points.

drwho: 1715 AD Domination Victory, 5,643 points.

CKS: 1788 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 4,788 points.

donsig: 1832 AD Diplomatic Loss, 2,394 points.

Quintillus: 2041 AD Spaceship Victory, 1,224 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the QSC results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

End of Classic GOTM 118 results.

Congrats memento, denyd, and donsig!

I sit in awe. While I knew that I was far from great, I cannot even imagine how you (all of those listed) did this. Is there any way to see exactly how the game was played? I want to learn from you masters.

I will definitely look at the Civ4 games. But my girlfríend and I are Civ3 fanatics - She prefers the simplier game.

I have downloaded the CRp suite. It is good for the overview, and I have learned alot from it. But I cannot see the actual units used or movement. Nor can I see what is ´being built in each city. I was flabergasted at how little the domination winners build in their cities.

Yes, don't let the file name fool you. I created it for Civ4, then extended it to support Civ3 xOTMs. Maybe I should have changed the script name, but that breaks people's bookmarks and existing links. I didn't expect people to look at the file name!

Alan

Top Bottom