change game language

Astat

Warlord
this seems like a rather obvious question, but neither google nor bord search could help me: is there an easy way, like with some xml entry, to change my game language from stupid german translation to english?

i've just failed a quest because the moronic german translater mixed up the words triere and trireme. :rolleyes:

In the main menu, go to advanced, then options, and change the language. The european versions are shipped with 5 languages, so you should find english.

:blush:

actually, i now rememer raising the exact same question back when i was playing Civ IV vanilla.
apparently, i just can't believe the whole thing being that easy. :)
it's a pain in the a** for most other games, as you can't even buy the originals over here, only translated crap.. and imports from amazon.com are not possible, trade restrictions or whatever.

anyway, thanks again.

The language of the quotes from the tech tree will stay German though. I miss Leonard Nimoy, since I installed in Spanish and then changed to English

very unhelpful community. I am new and I already don't like. I will find place another where I can find help.

The problem is that most people can't help you with this. Since we are on a (mainly) English speaking forum nearly all of us have the EFIGS version (English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish) of the game. There is no Japanese install on that version at all.

Thanks for your response :) Even if no one here is interested in Japanese language for the game it still would have been nice if someone like you to say what you just said. There has to be Japanese version. I bought my version in America during a cruise in Hawaii. But I've seen videos on www.nicovideo.com that have Japanese text in game. If no one can figure it out I thank you for responding to my question anyway.

To Magatori: I bought my version in Spain, some 3 years ago, and yes, there is Japanese available. Altough I never tried to install it in that language, I can recogniz the kana characters.
Welcome to the forum, by the way!

I would like to change language to Japanese too! I'm a native English speaker, but I'm learning Japanese and I've found in the past that playing strategy games in another language is a great way to improve vocab (did this with Transport Tycoon in German back in the day).

Any tips much appreciated.

I'm trying, with awful results, to get through games in German. The icons save me.

guys may you help me?

i installed the game but the language is russian...
i search about it and found sime suggested solutions

changing the steam lang. didn't work
edit config.ini didn;t work

what should i do???!

Is your translation from 1C?

Top Bottom