ACav and Cav kill two Arab Cavs 44-17
Lose Cav to Arab Cav 44-18
Then we finish off the two in that stack 46-18
Cav kills another Cav 47-18
eCav kills Arab Cav near Wonsan 48-18

Wonsan:
Cav kills Spear x3 50-18
City falls.

Edit: I still have another couple of turns to play.

Nice progress! I'm not sure if that puts CKS up or Overseer?

Roster
Raliuven
Elephantium (just played)
CKS (on deck???)
Toxicman007
TheOverseer714 (Playing???)

IBT:

RP > Industrialization (time to turn off research!)

Turn 8 -

Frigate sinks Dutch Caravel 51-18
Frigate attacks Korean Galleon and loses 51-19
Lose a Cav on an enemy Rifle 51-20
eACav razes Knossos, just built S of D-Day 52-20

IBT:

Not much happens...

Turn 9 -

1st Cav Army kills three Spears at Delft 55-20

IBT:

Arab Cav dies on 1st Cav Army 56-20
Rifle forces him to retreat

Turn 10 -

Cannons bombard at Taejon, redlining some Spears
eCav kills Spear 57-20
eCav kills Spear 58-20
vCav kills Spear 59-20
vCav kills Spear 60-20 and razes the city!

The CLUBS kills Crusader that the Dutch dropped off next to D-Day 61-20

eCav kills Rifle 62-20
eCav kills wounded Spear, producing Darius!

City of Tactical Rubber is founded.

Cav dies to Rifle 62-21
Another Cav finishes him off 63-21

Looks good.

Overseer, is now a good time for you to play, or should I take it?

If you want to play it, go ahead, I can go next, I've got all weekend...

The weekend actually isn't the greatest time for me to play. You should play now, Overseer, and I'll pick it up after you.

Okay, got the save.

About halfway through, forgot how time-consuming Industrial Age warfare can be.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons my games tend to get forgotten about once I hit the mid-Industrial Age.

Any more news about Xerxes' quest for world domination? :hammer:

Slow going, as it always is during the week. Finding the time to play is difficult. Gamewise, all is well, though Arabias culture and our tiny core are slowing things down. I hope to finish my turns tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry I was so slow, RL rears its ugly head yet again. i will post the save now, turnlog will be following soon. We are at 47% population, 58% territpry, and closing in on Arabias capitol.

Spoiler :

Pre-Flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Open the save, look things over.
Minor MMing here and there, turn leader into army.

Civilian units:
Settlers 1
Workers 57
Slaves 101

Military units:
Archer 1
Spears 13
Pikes 7
Horsemen 4
Cavalry 34
Ancient Cavalry 2
Infantry 5
Immortals 25
Armies 4, 3 Immortals
Cannons 32+10 captured
Artillery 1 captured
Frigates 2
Galleons 23

Unit Support:
Total Units: 208
Allowed Units: 220
Support Cost: 0 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Carthage=>eliminated
America=> eliminated
Dutch=> Strong to
Greeks=> Strong to
Aztecs=> Strong to
Arabs=> Average to
Korea=> Strong to

Research: Industrialization, 999 turns +385 gpt, 2044 in the bank.

Hit Enter=>

IBT: Dutch land Longbow at Ergili. Lose a Galleon to Korean Galleon, 2 Arab Cavalry die on an infantry near Tactical Rubber, who promotes. Pentagon built. Hyangsang riots.

Turn 1, 1355 AD: Kill 4 Arab rifles and a musket. eCav annihilates rSpear, generating a leader, resulting Army is the CARS(Cyrus Annihilates Regular Spear).
eCav assinatesates rSpear, generating a leader, resulting Army is the Strong ARMs(Achamenes Assassinates RifleMan).
Lose an eAC to a spear, otherwise Korean Delft taken easily, 2 workers and 1 gold, raze nets 4 more slaves.

IBT: Koreans land Longbow at New Jinjan, Arabs land 4 Cavalry at Ergili, try to get past TR. Aztecs want to talk, no!

Turn 2, 1360 AD: Kill intruders, lose 1 vCavalry.

IBT: Except New Jinjan, oopsy, Korean Longbow kills immo, takes it. Arabs land cavalry at New Tyre, take some unguarded slaves near TR, AI is good at that.

Turn 3, 1365 AD: Retake Jinjan easily, destroy Arab settlement New Mosul behind our lines, then find (and dispatch) a settler pair nearby, the empty land is like a magnet. Turn New Gordium into a source of cheap Mps. Land an army at Sariwon. Armies lined up to take Mansura.

IBT: Dutch land 4 mixed troops at New Jinjan. Greeks land Hoplite at TC Seoul.

Turn 4, 1370 AD: Take Sariwon easily, despite the 2 dreaded regular spearmen. After a thunderous barrage, Mansura's 3 Rifle and Cavalry defense fails, 55 gold taken, Raze nets 4 slaves.

IBT: Arabs try their usual end-run, no landings.

Turn 5, 1375 AD: Search and Destroy mission results in a dead Hoplite and 2 slaves. Land troops to take Cheju.

IBT: Arabs send 6 cavalry into the meat grinder, horseburgers, anyone? Tons of boats moving around.

Turn 6, 1380 AD: 2 Spears and 2 Longbows defending Cheju fall, 27 gold is ours, and Korea is no more! Dinner is served, yum! (Arab Cavalry destroyed, no losses, but no leaders) Bad luck with leaders though. Line CLUBS up to take Muscat.

IBT: No landings, no meat for the grinder, shucks.

Turn 7, 1385AD: After a spirited defense by 2 rifles and a cavalry (yellowed CLUBs take a beaing) Size 4 Muscat taken with 42 gold and 4 workers. Sell improvements and abandon. Find a one-tile choke, Old Korea should soon be safe.

A note to the team, I have been adding settlements to maximize territory, worker abandoning selected cities, settler factories and improving our core, upgrading Cannons, etc, hopefully not running any red lights with you guys.

IBT: Dutch Galleon attacks a Frigate and lose, no landings.

Turn 8, 1390AD: Quiet, worker turns mostly, move artillery, The CARS and 1st Cavalry to take Najran.

IBT: Dutch land a Spear and Longbow near Ergili, Arabs land 2 Settlers, a Rifleman and a Cavalry near Oops I Screwed Up, Greeks land 2 Horses near TC Seoul.

Turn 9, 1395 AD: Easily wipe out Dutch, Arab and Greek landings. Red-line Najran's 3 Rifle defenders, the CARS go -3, -1, -1 and clean on the surprise Longbow, 75 gold, a Cannon, and a slave taken, raze nets 4 more. So long, and thanks for the slaves. Build Abu Bakr Incensed?, which gives our priests a steady supply, and puts artillery in reach of Basra. 1st Cavalry and Strong ARMs lined up to attack.

IBT: Arabs kill Infantry, red-line anothers Aztecs land 2 Pikes, a Sword and a Mace near TC Seoul; Greeks land a Horse and Mace nearby.

Turn 10, 1400AD: eCavalry kills Aztec Pike, becomes Darius. Form Calvary Assasinates Mesoamerican Pike army(the CAMPers) . Wipe out all invaders. At Basra, strong ARMS are -1, clean with promotion, clean. Basra taken with 58 gold, At size 4, sell improvements and abandon.
Leave rest of units unmoved, good luck, next player.

Civilian units:
Settlers 3
Workers 66
Slaves 125

Military units:
Archer 1
Spears 15
Pikes 9
Horsemen 4
Cavalry 48
Ancient Cavalry 1
Infantry 7
Immortals 25
Armies 8
Cannon 1
Artillery 45, 11 captured
Frigates 9
Privateers 2
Galleons 22

Unit Support:
Total Units: 250
Allowed Units: 238
Support Cost: 12 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Carthage=>eliminated
America=> eliminated
Dutch=> Strong to
Greeks=> Strong to
Aztecs=> Strong to
Arabs=> Strong to
Korea=>eliminated

Research: Industrialization, 999 turns +344 gpt, 559 in the bank.

The save:

Way to double the number of armies in the field. :D Nice work!

Just to get the Roster posted:

Roster
Raliuven
Elephantium
CKS (Playing)
Toxicman007 (on deck)
TheOverseer714 (just played/warming up)

Overseer, you were on a skip/swap deal, so you will see you just played and are also warming up. Let me know if that's okay. Toxicman007 you are up after CKS. My guess is that it might not make it back to Overseer again?

I hope you enjoyed my creative naming:) I will be happy to take another turn if it gets back to me, but bet it won't. I think that after Arabia falls, the rest will collapse, pikes and longbows seems to indicate a lack of Saltpeter. Note that I started some libraries for cultural expansion if we decide on a domination VC, though I think Conquest more fitting. Feel free to sell the ones that have had one or two expansions. I also set up two towns to provide pikes and spears as MPs, you only have to disconnect the road/rail connection to allow them to be built, then hook back up to move them to the destination. There are units to pillage and workers to reconnect already in place. Good luck and have fun.

Shall we perhaps begin a discussion about the Raliuven SG4? If it's going to happen, of course.

Different but fun should be the order of the day. i propose for a NOW(We declare war on the first country we meet, then we kill enemies off in order) game at Emperor. To add a challenge, with a Republic government as soon as we learn it. There was a great training day game, "First come, first severed" which had similar rules. I'm up for another one.

How about a 20K cultural victory where we can't declare war on our enemies. They can declare war on us, though.

I find warfare rather tedious, so anything with less war sounds good to me. I'm not interested in a 100K game right now, as it would also be pretty tedious.

NOW would be okay.

20K is always fun.

Space with the science slider at 0 makes for a trading game, but space or diplomacy with the science slider set at 100% for the entire game might be an interesting challenge.

Conquest, but with no offensive military actions allowed until we reach the modern age?

I'm sure we can find something interesting.

Ooh, I have an idea. Space race as the Vikings on Emperor, the luxury slider must always be at least 30%

Top Bottom