Welcome to Orbis - Download Information

Ahwaric

Shrubbery-hugger
1698992024698.png

Installation:
Base mod: Orbis 1.0b with Soundtrack (717 MB)
Quickfix: ElementalUnity

The soundtrack simply adds background music (will be silent otherwise). Some people reported crashes without soundtrack though (not confirmed).
It can be installed at any time (installing does not affect saves or other game files in any way).
If you want better movie quality, please use FfH media pack (will have to manually copy the files)

Orbis is a mod based on FfH , but much different in almost every aspect. You have been warned! :p
Main features:
Changed economy (i.e. 3 :food: per population requirement)
10 guilds with big impact on gameplay
2 additional religions: Cult of the Dragon (unadoptable), White Hand
New civilizations
  • Dao - agnostic eastern civilization, attuned to elements
  • Mechanos - anti-theist, anti-magical steampunk faction
  • Palatinate - high middle ages civ, with guild synergies and a bit darker side
  • Scions - undead romans, originally created by Tarqueline
  • Tlacatl - lizards that play differently depending on alignment (merge of Mazatl and Cualli from Fall Further)
Changed civilizations
  • Doviello - werewolves and masters of tundra survival
  • Sidar - immortality on most units, no more waning
  • expanded Amurites, Elohim, additions & changes to every civilization

new units, buildings, game mechanics, art and a lot more...

Moderator Action: Broken download & image fixed - Blake00

Last edited by a moderator:
People Involved in Orbis creation:

Ahwaric

Plenty of other people that gave their advice or written pedia (Opera, Arkhamarkham4269, Imuratep, Kalina...)

Credits
Fall from Heaven Team - the greatest of all mods
Fall Further Team - I am stealing a lot ;)
Main Menu theme: image Dana Daukshta, music Barbarian Campaign Opening from Rome: Total War
Mechanos theme - Ben Houge (the wheel clan theme from Arcanum), leader art by Justin Sweet

Ideas stolen:
Fall Further, Apepis, , sputnik 323, Marnok, Tarqueline, MagisterCultuum, Jabie, MaxAstro
Graphics:seZereth, Woodelf, Danrell, Hrochland, C.Roland, Master Lexx (GreenMod), Psychic_Llamas and whole Warhammer Mod, Vehem and Fall Further modmod, Refar, Chamaedrys, Chuggi, GarretSidzaka, Rishardas
Code help: Xienwolf, Sto!

Spoiler :
Also: my girlfriend for suggesting troll lairs. If you do not like trolls and swamp ruins, I will let her know ;)

Included mods:
FlavourMod 2 by Jean Elcard
SuperSpies by

Yay! Go orbis

Congratz Ahwaric

Tayschrenn

(the man who stopped playing FFHII to go on to just playing ORBIS, yes just the modmod of a mod on the Expansion of Civ IV)

we are moving up in the world :)

Congratulations Ahwaric!

Good luck and good health to you and Orbis.

Thanks a lot guys, the forum was really needed. I feel I can breath again :)

Good luck and good health to you and Orbis.
That will be helpfull, looks like I will have more work with Orbis now...
Sick leave, on the other hand, would mean that I have more time... ;)

I hope you come down with an illness that allows you time off from work however doesn't affect you much

Does it work with patch z? I would think so but ... and does this one have an enhanced fort schematic?

Ah, and congratulations ... yes. I have only heard of mod today, as a matter of fact, must be a sign of your increased sucess :)

Now it does...

I have just uploaded version 0.22 c.
It requires reinstall. Make sure to delete Orbis folder after uninstall, then install again with 0.40z as base.

I have merged all new stuff in it, so no patch, just a base mod. Everyone should download it again.

Just wanted to thank Ahwaric for a truly exceptional modmod. Been puttering around with this for some months now and it has been great. Also, a very special thanks for introducing me to Dead can Dance.

(Apologies if this is the wrong place to post. Lurking remains 'fun' for only so long...)

Love the mod! Looks great! Seriously, this mod rocks.

Two questions:
1) Is this multiplayer compatible? My friend and I are trying to play via LAN and keep getting OOS errors. Maybe we re-installed it wrong (FfH is OOS'ing too)... so... maybe its us.
2) Anyone else getting the model glitch with the Bannor Warriors? They stand with the "T" stance, arms to side and all. Glitch or did I install it wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: Total re-install on both machines fixed all issues. Disregard above claims! :D

EDIT: A friend and I made it to about 150 turns and now we keep getting an OOS (sync) error. We reload and it usually works for a few turns and then goes OOS again. I'm going to look more into it.

I just did a little more testing and could it have anything to do with Loki? Each turn he does something and it temporarily goes OOS at about the same time... then after a few turns it just goes completely OOS.

I've tested the save on two sets of machines.

Any way I can remove Loki to see if hes the problem?

Another possibility is that it is the Ranged Barrage or Bombardment. I remember Rise of Mankind getting errors in relation to this as well... Any way to disable that for MP?

thank you! congratulations guys on making the first modmod that i've actually felt is worth having over the original. you really have managed to improve the game without simply over saturating it with every feature possible like a certain other modmod has, and it's ended up making a great game even better. i'm really impressed by the work you've done :)

Top Bottom