Best civ in BNW for a science victory?

eewallace

King
I'm having lots of fun with BNW and have had several cultural and diplomatic victories already. Since the game does seem pretty biased against warfare at the moment, I thought I'd try to build a spaceship next time--which I'm guessing might be a bit difficult as cultural and diplomatic victories seem to often occur about a half-century before anyone can launch a spaceship.

Question is, which civ is best for this?

Venice.

Make those trade routes as lucrative as possible, go to freedom and purchase your spaceship with raw gold.

Babylon, like it was in Vanilla and G&K. From the new civs, none seem too science focused, but Poland can use their UA for a fast Rationalism finish. Or Morocco, since having a desert bias makes any civ OP.

The old science civs Babylon and Korea are still your best bet.

If you want to play a new civ, Poland. The extra social policies are a huge help for any victory type.

I tried Morocco for a diplomatic victory and they truly are a good civ, and seem pretty versatile. Yeah, none of the new ones seem particularly science-oriented. I haven't played Venice yet, maybe I'll try that or Poland. Haven't tried Babylon lately, they seemed almost overpowered for science before--maybe not anymore though, with all the trade/culture/diplomacy stuff we now have to deal with. :)

Top Bottom