Mod end-date from 2050 to 2100?

jpinard

Martian
I'd like to mod the end-date, changin it from 2050 to 2100. Before I spend 50 years blindly looking through the xml files - I'm hoping someone might be able to point me directly to the correct file? 2050 brings up no pertinent hits - so I think it's tied to game turns?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I read through that already. I'm not sure that gives me the ability to change the "end date" per-say... unless I'm interpreting it wrong. I may just edit the start date... That's fixed regardless of turns... though maybe that won't work either?

You have to change the last of the <GameTurnInfo> items from...

<GameTurnInfo>
<iYearIncrement>1</iYearIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>200</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>

...to...

<GameTurnInfo>
<iYearIncrement>1</iYearIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>250</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>

(so 200 to 250 under iyearincrement>1<...)

I think...

jpiniard ~

I remember trying to do something similar in C3, and failing. Ultimately you can change the date on which the game ends, but you cannot change the number of turns you are granted in which to get there. You could make the game end in the year 23,907 by messing with the turns' year-increments, but you'd still have used exactly as many turns getting to that year as you use in vanilla C4 getting to 2050. Unless someone can join the conversation with new data, I don't think there's any way to change that.

However, I can be, and often am, wrong.

yes, you are wrong:lol: (sorry)

You CAN change the number of turns and the number of years that the game lasts.

The default game (on epic at least) lasts 650 turns.

For example, you can make the game last 1000 turns and have the end date at 2500 if you wanted (That might actually be really cool if it is possible to modify the game to such an extent as to create an entirely new era)

Anyway the options to do this are found in the gamespeed xml file.

What you do is change the year_increment and turns_per_increment values to whatever you want.

Top Bottom