George Armstrong Custer

ShiroKobbure

Still modding Civ3

This head was requested by Balthasar for his Wild West mod. George Armstrong Custer was a captain of the US 5th cavalry, he is most famously known for his defeat and death against the Indians at the Battle of the Little Bighorn.

FILE HERE

Last edited:
Another excellent creation, Shirou.
George Armstrong Custer was a captain of the US 5th cavalry, he is most famously known for his defeat and death against the Indians at the Battle of the Little Bighorn.
The style of command and tactical techniques that were so effective in the ACW just didn't serve him well in the "Indian Wars". I wonder if his time in Iranistan fed his ego a little too much.

Weirdness: Cody made some effort to lobby on behalf of Native Americans. Imagine a major sort of "Man Called Horse"* / "Jeremiah Johnson" coming together of frontiersmen & first peoples - forming a confederation in the heartland of the Louisiana Purchase. Something of a cross of the Iroquois Confederacy & the Albany Plan. Maybe they would have had something like the Roman triumvirate - with co-equal leaders of various origins. Perhaps someone who was ambivalent in our history - like Cody - might have emerged as a leader.

* Not without historical precedent: "It has been a constant maxim with the Five Nations, to save children and young men of the people they conquer, to adopt them into their own Nation, and to educate them as their own children, without distinction; These young people soon forget their own country and nation and by this policy the Five Nations make up the losses which their nation suffers by the people they lose in war." - Cadwallader Colden

Since it's a released LH I don't expect shirou to go back, make changes, and re-render. OTH I wonder if recoloring it - as is done for units - would even be possible. Again, not asking Shirou, just wondering if such a thing could feasibly be done by anyone.

Top Bottom