New NESes, ideas, development, etc

There's a lot of cities on the bottom map :eek:

alex994 said:
There's a lot of cities on the bottom map :eek:

They're quite small cities however (the threshold for showing up is only 20 thousand people), and the number is to show population distrubtion (in a quick a dirty manner of course) which might be harder to guess on a different geography.

I've always wanted a fresh start map where i can build up my great nurmaferian empire, but all those neses which seemed promissing have just... died.
so do the upper map, but could you revise some of the colors? it seems like that half of the continent is either swamp or desert.

Opps - I forgot to include the colour legend
(Since currently in Labs)

This is less tectonically active world than Earth so the two vast northern mountain ranges are crust bulges similar to the Tharsis buld on mars (There are two 'super-sheild-volcanos' as well; both over 11 miles high - these tend to inspire religons, can you guess where they are? :) )

Grey - Tundra
Dark brown - Mountain
Lighter Brown - hills/rocky highlands
Really dark green - Jungle/rainforest
Mucky Green - Swamp or floodplains (pretty easy to work out which)
Dark green - Boreal Forests
Lighter Green - Deciduous Woodland
Pale green - grassland
Pale yellow - plains/steppes/Savannah
Greeny-yellow - Scruby Woodland/Mediterrean

Ooh, I like the fresh start!!! I'd like one on the southern strait, the one to the west.

Disenfrancised said:
There are two 'super-sheild-volcanos' as well; both over 11 miles high - these tend to inspire religons, can you guess where they are? :)
One is where that star-shaped lake is in the middle of the mountains.
Grey - Tundra
Dark brown - Mountain
Lighter Brown - hills/rocky highlands
Really dark green - Jungle/rainforest
Mucky Green - Swamp or floodplains (pretty easy to work out which)
Dark green - Boreal Forests
Lighter Green - Deciduous Woodland
Pale green - grassland
Pale yellow - plains/steppes/Savannah
Greeny-yellow - Scruby Woodland/Mediterrean
Just an advice, but you could use this...

MjM said:
Heres a little idea I incorporated into my NES. It has to do with barbs and gray areas on the map; mainly for fresh starts. In bold is the new idea..

Dark Grey: Barbarians who are backward, and most likely weak. Won't try to negioate. Theese are your real barbarians here.

Light Grey: Can be anywhere from semi-advanced barbs, to weak city states not strong enough to be a nation. Most light grey areas have cities in them. They are also smart enough to see your stronger than them and negoiating is possible with theese peoples. But if they are aggresive, theese areas are harder to counqer...

So... Ermm... Yeahh,...

Attachments

• bismark.jpg
    bismark.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 200
oh crap, i forgot the C in schadenfreude!

oh well u get the point.

schadenfreude \SHAHD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
A malicious satisfaction in the misfortunes of others.

Only the Germans have a word such as schadenfreude

And only the Russians have a word such as zloradstvo, which similarily means:
A malicious satisfaction in the misfortunes of others.

;)

Anyway, am anticipating.

And both of those are rather summed up by the much weaker "sadism". While I'm here, das, is it true there's no word in Russian for "efficiency"? ;) I read that in some collegial essay somewhere.

Looking forward to the return of the much storied Neo NES. That map is also rather interesting, Disenfranchised.

Answering the question. There's a word: эффективность. There's also КПД which is "coefficient of usefull action"...... clearly these words do not apply to me..

From what I'm seeing that's "Effectiveness". Not quite the same but with a bit of modification (eg: "highly") I guess it's close enough. Interesting to know.

Insane_Panda said:
Only the Germans have a word such as schadenfreude ;)
You must have stolen it from us Norwegians, we say skadefryd.

Only old people use uncool words as Schadenfreude :).

Top Bottom