Language translations for leader sayings

Morningcalm, please update the OP to change Montezuma's DOW line to "Ximicacan! Ximicacan! Ximicacan!" to comply with standard Latinized Nahuatl orthography.

Any Italian or Venetian speakers able to get their hands on the voice files to confirm whether Dandolo speaks Venetian or just Italian in a Venetian accent?

Enrico Dandolo speaks Venetian AFAIK. The only thing he said was "Cosa?" when the player (ZacMinor) declared war on him. Cosa is Italian and Venetian but Enrico says it in a Venetian accent.

Actually, "Cosa?" is his HateNo01 line - his Attacked line says something something "amigo mio." ("my firend.")

Any Italian or Venetian speakers able to get their hands on the voice files to confirm whether Dandolo speaks Venetian or just Italian in a Venetian accent?

While they are at it, why not make the full translation? Pretty please? ;)

Actually, "Cosa?" is his HateNo01 line - his Attacked line says something something "amigo mio." ("my firend.")

While they are at it, why not make the full translation? Pretty please? ;)

He seems to speak venetian but it's a bit strange... it doesn't sound like the venetian I'm used to, but then again I'm not quite accustomed with that dialect. Perhaps it's an older form of venetian?
At any rate it's definitely not Italian.

I understand 80% of what he says, so I'd rather let someone who actually speak Venetian to do the translation, besides I wouldn't know how to write it correctly.

I think the funniest part of his speeches is the line when he offers a trade: "This offer won't last for much longer, think about it."
He's a true merchant he knows the tools of his trade.

I am in the process of learning Shoshone (which surprisingly has some very good dictionaries and other helpful sites that are easily accessible.) is there anyone who already has some experience in Shoshone?
I hope morning calm's still here. This is the best thread on the site.

If he needs one, then he can get one :) (...if he's still here...hey man...are you?).
Hi!

Yes, that would be great. Thank you. :)

I am in the process of learning Shoshone (which surprisingly has some very good dictionaries and other helpful sites that are easily accessible.) is there anyone who already has some experience in Shoshone?
I hope morning calm's still here. This is the best thread on the site.
Why thank you! I'm glad to hear you're looking into Shoshone. Shoshone culture seems very impressive. I did a quick search for their music on YouTube and found lots of catchy tunes. If you come to understand their language enough to make out some sentences, your help would be appreciated. We're still having a hard time finding anyone to translate Hiawatha though, sadly. You'd think there'd be some Mohawk/Cherokee/other members of the Haudenosawnee around to help out. :(

Full disclosure, I'm not a native or even a partial speaker of Quechua, but the grammar is very straightforward and lends itself well to dictionary translation. Hopefully this will fill in some of the blanks in Pachacuti's dialogue until a better transcription/translation comes around. Having no real listening experience, my main problem is figuring out where one word ends and another begins in the audio file, which is why I don't have complete entries for Attacked, DeclareWar, Defeated, or Request (HateHear3 is probably just one word but I can't match it to anything yet). Hopefully in the coming months I can get the rest of the lines finished.

Pacachuti
Speaks Northern Quechua
Source: Mainly the vocab list at runasimi.de, in addition to other books and online references.
Intro: How are you (lit:are we well)? I am Pachacuti, emperor of the Incas. (Allinllachu kanchik? Ñuqami kani Pachakutiq, Inkakunapa qhapa.)
Attacked:
Declare War:
Defeated:
Hate Hello: What do you want now? (Imatata munachkanki?)
Hate Hear It 1: Go on! (Chayqa!)
Hate Hear It 2: Go on... (Chayqa...)
Hate Hear It 3:
Hate No 1: That is not possible! (Mana chayqa kanchu!)
Hate No 2: We are not agreeing to that! (Mana chaytaqa rimarichkanchikchu!)
Hate No 3: I beg your pardon! (Qispichiwanchik ñinimi!)
Hate Yes 1: That is good enough. (Allinmi kanqa.)
Hate Yes 2: That is fine. (Hinami kanqa.)
Neutral Hello: How are you doing? (Imaynalla kachkanki?)
Neutral Hear It 1: Go on. (Rispa siri.)
Neutral Hear It 2: You may begin. (Qallarichiy.)
Neutral Hear It 3: What do you say? (Imataq ñichkanki?)
Neutral No 1: No. (Mana.)
Neutral No 2: We absolutely refuse. (Ñuqanchikmi mana ñinchik.)
Neutral No 3: I refuse. (Mana ñini.)
Neutral Yes 1: Very good. (Allipacha.)
Neutral Yes 2: Of course, yes. (Hinam, arí.)
Neutral Yes 3: That is very good. (Allipachami.)
Peaceful: Wonderful! (Añañaw!)
Request:

Despite Cuzco Quechua being in the Southern Quechua family, the voice actor seems to speak a variety of Northern Quechua (probably Ecuadorian). I'm basing this off of some recurring pronunciation differences: H=SH (hinam), LL=ZH (allipacha), Q=K(ñuqami), and syllable-final K/Q tend to get dropped (kanchik).
Thank you! Updated parent post and the DLC post (with your translations). Overall edits to other posts include the missing Arabic words in Harun's transliteration, slightly editing Sejong's Declare War translation (clarifying that the Jiphyunjun is the Jade Hall in Korea's UA, a scholarly hall). Also edited Montezuma's Declare War to Ximi- instead of Shimi-kacan.

BNW translations will be up on the OP after the mods open up a new post for BNW. :)

Okay. I got a question. For Alexander's defeat, he says Apollo. Does it mean like God? Cause I thought Theós was the Greek word for God.

Brave New World Translations

Sultan Ahmad Al-Mansur
Speaks Moroccan dialect of Arabic
Source: YouTube commenter, youliosco; Civfanatics user Siriuskar
Intro: "I'm the Sultan of Marrakech, Ahmad Al-Mansur. In the name of my people, I welcome you" Intro: I am the Sultan of Marrakesh Ahmad Al-Mansur, in the name of my people I welcome you! أنا سلطان ديال مراكش أحمد المنصور, باسم شعب ديالي كنرحب بكم (Ana sultan diyal maraaksh ahmadl-mansur, bismi sha’ab diyali kanarhab bikum)
Attacked: Shame on you, using violence which doesn't solve anything! (very similar to a line in xml files, "It's a shame you are so quick to resort to senseless violence")
Hate Hear It 02: Now what? / دابا شنو؟ (daba shnu?)
Hate Hear It 03: What do you want? / أشنو بغيتي؟ (ashnu bgheeti?)
Hate Hello: What are you doing here? / أشنو كدير هنا؟ (ashnu kadir hna?)
Hate Yes 03: As you wish. / كما بغيتي (keema bgheeti.)
Hate No 01: This is unreasonable! / هدشي ماشي معقول (hadshee mashee m’aqul!)
Hate No 02: (What a) ridiculous suggestion! / اقتراح سخيف (‘qtirah sakheef!)
Neutral Hear It 01: Go on. / أزيد (azeed.)
Neutral Hear It 02: Proceed. / كمل (kamil.)
Neutral Hear It 03: Yes? (lit. ‘How?’) / كيفاش؟ (keefash?)
Neutral Hello: Greetings! / تحيتي (tahayati!)
Neutral No 02: Of course not. / بالطبع لا (biltab’ay la.)
Neutral Yes 01: Fine! / جميل (jameel!)
Neutral Yes 02: Of course! / أكيد (akeed!)
Peaceful: (How) fortunate (that) the conflict has ended. / حظ صراع انتهى (hadd siraa’a intahaa.)

Ashurbanipal the Great
Speaks Akkadian.
Sources: Flix Ujin, Civwiki; guandao
Intro - I welcome you to the great kingdom of Assyria... have you come to view my library?
Declare War: (Still guesses) I fear there is no other choice but to remove you from this world! (atta ina mâtu ēnu qatû la nasāḫu kû!) Note: ina = from, qatû = to bring to end, atta = you, mâtu = to kill/land/territory, nasāḫu = remove, kû = your
Hate Let's Hear It 02 - What now? (Mīnu anīna!? )
Hate Let's Hear It 03 - What do you want? (Mīnu tereš?)
Hate Yes 03 - So be it. (Kiam tereš)
Hate No 01 - No! (Ula!)
Neutral Let's Hear It 02 - I will hear/listen (to you) (Ešem’e)
Neutral Let's Hear It 03 - Yes? (Anna?)
Neutral Yes 01 - Very Well lit.well (ṭābiš)
Neutral Yes 02 - Agree! (Magāru!)
Neutral Yes 03 - Agree lit.agreeable,welcome (a magru)
Neutral No 03 - No! Certainly not! (Lā ! Laššu!)
Request - Will you consider a trade? (Maḫīru epēšu keṣēpu?) Note: epēšu means to do, to act, to build, make
Peace - So shall it be written, today we are the victors! (kīam lū šaṭāru, umā anīnu kašādu’tu!)

Casimir III the Great
Speaks modern Polish.
Source: Civfanatics poster, janburota
Intro: I, Casimir the Great, welcome you to the great/splendid Kingdom of Poland. (Ja, Kazimierz Wielki, witam cię na ziemiach wielkiego Królestwa Polskiego)
Attacked: My armies will grind you into dust! (Moje armie zetrą cię w proch!)
Declare War: I have decided to end you! (Postanowiłem z tobą skończyć!)
Defeated: Celebrate your victory well... it might be your last one. (Naciesz się swoim zwycięstwem... może być twoim ostatnim.)
Hate Hello: What are you looking for here? (Czego tu szukasz?)
Hate Hear It 1: What are you doing here? (Co tutaj robisz? - it sounds more like Hate Hello, though)
Hate Hear It 2: You again! (Znowu ty!)
Hate Hear It 3: What do you want? (Czego chcesz?)
Hate No 1: You must be joking. (Chyba żartujesz.)
Hate No 2: A hundred times no! (Po stokroć nie!)
Hate No 3: You want to mock me? (Chcesz ze mnie zadrwić?)
Hate Yes 1: So be it. (Niech będzie. -very annoyed)
Hate Yes 2: It seems I don't have a choice (Skoro nie mam wyboru... - something like "if I must")
Hate Yes 3: As you wish. (Jak sobie życzysz. - very annoyed)
Neutral Hello: I salute you. (Pozdrawiam cię.)
Neutral Hear It 1: I'm listening. (Słucham? - like an inquiring "Yes (what is it)?")
Neutral Hear It 2: Go on. / Speak on. (Mów dalej.)
Neutral Hear It 3: I'm all ears. (Zamieniam się w słuch.)
Neutral No 1: No. (Nie.)
Neutral No 2: Absolutely not. (Absolutnie nie.)
Neutral No 3: It's unacceptable. (To niedopuszczalne.)
Neutral Yes 1: Alright. (W porządku.)
Neutral Yes 2: Good. (Dobrze. - His tone here implies he's really bored and patronizing)
Neutral Yes 3: I agree. (Zgadzam się.)
Peaceful: Think twice before you disregard / underestimate Poland again. (Dobrze się zastanów, nim znów zlekceważysz Polskę.)
Request: How do you like my offer? (Jak ci się podoba moja oferta?)

Enrico Dandolo
Speaks "modern" Venetian dialect, albeit mixed with some modern Italian here and there.
Source: Civfanatics poster, Falconiano
Attacked VE: Ta ghe svelat i vostri propositi masa presto, amico mio! EN: You have revealed your purposes too early, my friend!
Declare War VE: Quan' ghe sarè piu v'ialtri, Sior, ghe ne sarà piu per mi! EN: When you will be gone, Sir, there will be more for me!
Defeated VE: Un cont' ho sbaglià, da parte mia. EN: A wrong calculation, on my part. (in Italy we often say that when our plans don't go according to what we calculated they should have)
Hate hello VE: Vu, cosa volè? EN: You! What do you want?
Hate Lets Hear It 1 VE: Parlè! EN: Speak!
HateLets Hear It 2 VE: Dannovo vu? EN: You again?
Hate Lets Hear It 3 VE: Cossa vuoi? EN: What do you want?
Hate No 1 VE: Cossa?? EN: What??
Hate No 2 VE: Assolutamente no! EN: Absolutely not!
Hate No 3 VE: Ea sè na proposta ridicola! EN: That is a ridiculous proposal!
Hate Yes 1 VE: Cossì sia... EN: So be it...
Hate Yes 2 VE: Se devo... EN: If I must...
Hate Yes 3 VE: Se insiste... EN: If you insist...
Intro VE: Benvenuo a Venessia. Sò il Doge Enrico Dandolo. EN: Welcome to Venetia. I'm Doge Enrico Dandolo.
Neutral Hello VE: Saluti. EN: Greetings.
Neutral Let's heart it 01 VE: Veni 'vanti. EN: Go ahead.
Neutral Let's heart it 02 VE: Andè 'vanti. EN: Continue.
Neutral Let's heart it 03 VE: Si? EN: Yes?
Neutral No 1 VE: No. EN: No.
Neutral No 2 VE: De sicuro, no. EN: Of course, not.
Neutral No 3 VE: Declinemo. EN: We decline.
Neutral Yes 1 VE: Benissimo. EN: Very well.
Neutral Yes 2 VE: Va bèn! EN: All right!
Neutral Yes 3 VE: De sicuro. EN: Sure.
Peaceful VE: Me piase veder i me schèmi realisarse! EN: I like to see my schemes turn true!
Request VE: 'Sta offerta non sarà valida per tanto tempo, penseghe. EN: This offer won't be valid for a lot of time, think about it

Gajah Mada
Speaks old Javanese.
Source: Civ Wiki
Attacked: How dare you! Really insignificant as well! (ꦤꦶꦂ ꦠꦸꦲꦸ ꦠꦸꦲꦸ ꦮꦫꦶ ꦠ ꦏꦶꦠ! ꦤꦶꦂ ꦢꦲꦠ꧀ ꦄꦥꦁ ꦒꦸꦁꦏꦸꦤꦁ! / Nir tuhu-tuhu wari tå kitå! Nir dahat apaŋguŋ Kunaŋ!)
[Note: Kunaŋ means "even there" or "as well" in Old Javanese; its synonymous phrase in Bahasa Indonesian is adapun. Kitå means "you" in Old Javanese, but in Modern Javanese it means "us."]
Declares War: Don't mean to stand in your way, but I have to protect them! (lit. "Actually I didn't want to block your way, protecting is my purpose on them!") (ꦲꦁ ꦲꦭꦁ ꦆ ꦠ ꦏꦶꦠ꧈ ꦥꦴꦭ ꦤꦶ ꦔ꧀ꦲꦸꦭꦸꦤ꧀ ꦥꦿꦪꦕ ꦤꦶꦫ! / Haŋ halaŋi tå kitå, pāla ni ŋhulun prayåcå nirå!)
[Note: Nirå is a third-person pronoun which could mean "he," "she," "it," "his," "him," "her," "them," "their," or "they."]
Defeated: You may win, but you cannot win upon my spirit. (ꦤ꧀ꦢꦠꦤ꧀ ꦩꦼꦤꦁ ꦇ ꦏꦶꦠ ꦏꦸꦩꦭꦃꦄꦏꦼꦤ꧀ ꦄꦴꦠ꧀ꦩ ꦤꦶ ꦔ꧀ꦲꦸꦭꦸꦤ꧀꧉ / Ndatan mĕnaŋ i kitå kumalahakĕn ātmå ni ŋhulun.)
Hate Hello: Are you a (male concubine), stranger? (ꦄꦥ ꦠ ꦏꦪꦸ꧈ ꦠ? / Åpå tå kayu, tå?)
[Note: Kayu can mean either "wood" or "male concubine." He is also using to to address you (an honorific term for a stranger). There seems to be some irony in this sentence, which has a negative and positive in one.]
Hate Let's Hear It 01: Speak up! (ꦥꦸꦕꦫ! / Pucara!)
[Note: It's an old form of the word wicara, which means "speak."]
Hate Let's Hear It 02: What is it, fool? (ꦄꦥ ꦧꦺꦴꦧ? / Åpå, boba?)
[Note: Åpå means "What?"; boba might be an old form of the word bodho, which means "idiot."]
Hate Let's Hear It 03: You again! (ꦏꦶꦠ ꦩꦸꦮꦃ! / Kitå muwah!)
Hate No 02: What?! (ꦄꦥ?! / Åpå?!)
Hate No 03: How dare you! (ꦠꦸꦲꦸ ꦠꦸꦲꦸ ꦠꦁ! / Tuhu-tuhu taŋ!) [Note: The meaning of taŋ is unclear; maybe it refers to "moron."]
Hate Yes 01: Welcome. (ꦫꦲꦪꦸ꧉ / Rahayu.) [Note: "Welcome" is a literal translation; he might be trying to say something like "very well."]
Intro: You came before the great warrior, Gajah Mada from Nusantara! (ꦲꦁꦔꦢꦼꦒ꧀ ꦠ ꦏꦶꦠ꧈ ꦲꦶꦤꦂ ꦥꦏꦼꦤ꧀ ꦩꦲꦮꦶꦂꦪ ꦒꦗꦃ ꦩꦢ꧈ ꦫꦶꦁ ꦤꦸꦱ꧀ꦮꦤ꧀ꦠꦫ! / Haŋadĕg tå kitå, hinar pakĕn mahawiryå Gajah Mådå, rìŋ Nuswantårå!)
[Note: The word "Indonesia" did not exist in the past, so instead he uses the word "Nuswantårå," which means "Outer Island" (from the Majapahitan perspective) in Old Javanese. In modern Bahasa Indonesian, it means "Unified Archipelago."]
Neutral Hello: Greetings! (ꦧꦲꦒꦾ! / Bahagyå!)
[Note: Possibly an old form of bahagia, which means "happiness."]
Neutral Let's Hear It 01: Explain! (ꦧꦧꦂꦤ / Babarnå!)
[Note: Possibly an old form of papar, which means "expose" or "describe."]
Neutral Let's Hear It 02: Proceed. (lit. "Forward./Go on.") (ꦩꦱꦼꦴ꧉ / Masö.)
Neutral Let's Hear It 03: Yes. (lit. "We have term.") (ꦱꦺꦴꦗꦂ꧉ / Sojar.)
[Note: The word sojar is a combination of the words sa and ujar.]
Neutral No 01: No! (ꦠꦲꦩ꧀! /Taham!)
Neutral No 02: It's good for me. (ꦲꦭꦸꦭ ꦠꦸ ꦔ꧀ꦲꦸꦭꦸꦤ꧀꧉ / Halula tu ŋhulun.)
Neutral Yes 01: Welcome, stranger! (ꦫꦲꦪꦸ꧈ ꦠ! / Rahayu, tå!)
[Note: "Welcome" is a literal translation; he might be trying to say something like "very well."]
Peaceful: Let's stop fighting with me. (ꦫꦶꦁ ꦲꦪꦸꦤ꧀ ꦠ ꦄꦪꦺꦴ ꦮꦠꦸ ꦄꦥꦼꦫꦁ ꦭꦮꦤ꧀ ꦈꦭꦸꦤ꧀꧉ / Riŋ hayun tå ayo watu apĕraŋ lawan ulun.)
[Note: Pĕraŋ or praŋ means "fighting" or "tension" in Old Javanese. With the a- prefix as negation this could refer to ceasing fighting, or peace.]
Request: What if we make a deal (stream), you and me? (ꦄꦥꦫꦤ꧀ ꦠ ꦪꦤ꧀ ꦄꦭꦶꦭꦶꦫ꧀ꦮꦤ꧀꧈ ꦏꦶꦠ ꦭꦮꦤ꧀ ꦈꦭꦸꦤ꧀? / Aparan tå yan alilirwan, kitå lawan ulun?)
[Note: Aparan translates to "what" (with the a- prefix), yan translates to "if," and kitå lawan ulun translates to "you with me."]

Maria I
European Portuguese. To note that she usually uses the formal you ("vós") when referring to the player, with one exception (her HateHello line, most probably because she is angry at you, which is understandable).
Source: Civfanatics poster JSMCAG
Intro: "I am Maria, Queen of Portugal! Have we met before? You look familiar to me... Or maybe not. (Sou Maria, Rainha de Portugal! Já nos conhecemos? Pareceis-me familiar... Ou talvez não.)"
Attacked: "You cannot be serious! (lit. You cannot be speaking seriously!) Well, if that's the case, then we have nothing more to talk about! (Não podeis estar a falar a sério! Bom, sendo assim, não temos mais o que falar!)"
DeclareWar: "I'm afraid I cannot allow your kingdom to exist for much longer! I hope you won't mind... *laughs* (Receio não puder permitir que o vosso reino exista durante muito mais tempo! Espero que não vos importeis... *laughs*)"
Defeated: "I know little about this conflict... *deep breath* I'll have to consult my regent... (Pouco conheço deste conflito... *deep breath* Terei de consultar o meu regente...)"
Neutral Hello: "Good morning. (Bons dias.)"
Neutral Let's Hear it 01: "Go on. (Prossegui.)"
Neutral Let's Hear It 02: "I'm all ears. (Sou toda ouvidos.)"
Neutral Let's Hear It 03: "Yes? (Sim?)"
Neutral Yes 01: "Very well. (Muito bem.)"
Neutral Yes 02: "Certainly! (Certamente!)"
Neutral Yes 03: "Deal! (Acordado!)"
Neutral No 01: "Certainly not! (Certamente que não!)"
Neutral No 02: "We refuse! (Recusamos!)"
Neutral No 03: "Of course not! (Claro que não!)"
Hate Hello: "Why did you(informal) come? (Porque viste?)"
Hate Let's Hear it 01: "Speak! (Falai!)"
Hate Let's Hear it 02: "What do you want? (Que pretendeis?)"
Hate Let's Hear it 03: "You again?! (Vós novamente?!)"
Hate Yes 01: "Ok./Very well. (Está bem.)"
Hate Yes 02: "If you insist. (Se insistis.)"
Hate Yes 03: "As you wish. (Como desejais.)"
Hate No 01: "What do you say? (Como dizeis?)"
Hate No 02: "Of course not! (Claro que não!)"
Hate No 03: "You must be kidding me! (Deveis estar a brincar comigo!)"
Peaceful: "Maybe now you'll learn not to underestimate the power of a queen!" (Talvez agora aprendeis[sic]* a não subestimar o poder de uma rainha!)" [*Note: 'aprendeis' is grammatically wrong; it should be 'aprendais']
Request: "Will you consider this offer? (Ireis considerar esta oferta?)"

Pedro II
Brazillian Portuguese. Note that ALL Hate lines use a VERY informal you ("vossemecê"). Other lines use a more formal you ("você"), not as formal as Maria's though.
Source: Civfanatics poster, JSMCAG
Intro: "I am Pedro, Emperor of Brazil. I have little time for pleasantries, what brings you here? (Eu sou Pedro, Imperador do Brasil. Tenho pouco tempo para gracejos, o que o traz aqui?)"
Attacked: "I worry about all those who are affected by this conflict. (Eu me preocupo com todos os afetados por esse conflito.)"
DeclareWar: "Your kingdom will be in better hands (lit. will be better) under MY domain. (Seu reinado ficará melhor sob o MEU domínio.)"
Defeated: "This is why I prefer diplomacy to violence... (É por isso que prefiro a diplomacia à violência...)"
Neutral Hello: "Hello. (Olá.)"
Neutral Let's Hear it 01: "Please, go on. (Por favor, prossiga.)"
Neutral Let's Hear It 02: "Continue. (Continue.)"
Neutral Let's Hear It 03: "I'm listening. (Estou ouvindo.)"
Neutral Yes 01: "Ok./Very well. (Está bem.)"
Neutral Yes 02: "Of course. (Claro.)"
Neutral Yes 03: "I agree. (Concordo.)"
Neutral No 01: "No. (Não.)"
Neutral No 02: "We refuse! (Nós recusamos.)"
Neutral No 03: "That is unacceptable. (Isso é inaceitável.)"
Hate Hello: "What do you want? (O que vosmecê quer?)"
Hate Let's Hear it 01: "Speak! (Fale!)"
Hate Let's Hear it 02: "What now? (O que foi agora?)"
Hate Let's Hear it 03: "You again?! (Vosmecê de novo?!)"
Hate Yes 01: "Great! (Ótimo!)"
Hate Yes 02: "If I need to. (Se eu preciso.)"
Hate Yes 03: "As you wish! (Como quiser!)"
Hate No 01: "You cannot be serious! (lit. You cannot be speaking seriously!) Vosmecê não pode estar falando sério!)"
Hate No 02: "Definitely not! (Definitivamente não!)"
Hate No 03: "You must be joking! (Vosmecê deve estar brincando!)"
Peaceful: "Brazil's power shines over all adversity! (A força do Brasil resplandece durante todas as adversidades!)"
Request: "Should we prosper through trade(lit. commerce)? (Deveremos prosperar através do comércio?)"

Shaka Zulu
Speaks isiZulu (variation: isiZulu esijulile, or 'deep Zulu')
Sources: Flix Ujin, Civilization wiki, guandao
Intro: Mina nging-uShaka wa kwaZulu, ingenzi zama butho.ngokusa ubafana yonawe (I'm Shaka of Zulu, don't try to move,warrior! or I'll destroy you)
DeclaresWar: “A gei”kho (none) “ossos vimba” ngisho (I say) nawe (even you) bala !(actually/absolutely/certainly/indeed/really/truly) “Aiveeveh!” (Compare with xml line “None will slow our progress, not even you! Prepare for war!)
Attacked: Uwazi (you know it) “palamisei” wakho (your), kuzo (it will) wenze (you do) “wafuwubli”
Defeated: Amabutho ami (My warriors), “afulu lei gii, ganti nani ungil way zala pontz” (rest I couldn’t translate, but I am sure about the first part, so the xml line “My warriors have failed, and so I failed them” is the probable meaning)
Peaceful: sounds like “Ugu tiyu sapila! Gufubagazi, bosi bun bamba gwan ni…” part of it sounds like usaphila “you are still healthy” and the last word is possibly kwami “my”, which means that the xml line “The fact that you still live is a testament to my restraint!” is the probable meaning
Hatehello: Usho? Wenzani lapha? (You say? What are you doing here?)
HateLetshearit01: Khuluma! (Speak!)
HateLetshearit02: “ini gei” manje (manje means “now”, and –ni is “what”)
HateLetshearit03: Wena futhi! (You also/too!)
HateYes01: Kulungile! (Alright!)
Hate Yes02: Uma ngi…”nyanza nigilili” (that part is untranslated) uma means if/or when, and ngi is first person
HateYes03: Uma u-…”pigileila” (untranslated), uma is if/or when, and u- is second person
Hate No 01: it sounds like “Musu kang ah!” possibly starts with “Musa” which means “do not”, for example “Musa ukungena!” (Do not enter!)
Hate No 02: Angazwanga (I didn't hear)
Hate No 03: sounds like Unpe tholo! No clue about the meaning
Neutral Hello: Bayethe! (Hail you Majesty!)
Neutral Lets Hear it 01: Kubeka (It puts??) doesn’t make sense, I also found “Kobeka” in the Zulu online dictionary but it didn’t make sense either in this context
Neutral Lets Hear it 02: Nansi khebe (Here it is a rowboat) - maybe an idiom, not sure likely the wrong phrase it sounds like “Na zin bei lei” to me
Neutral Lets Hear it 03: Uwuzwa-su (I'm listening) according to the dictionary this can mean “you hear it, he hears it, she hears it, it hear it”, so this likely not correct “I’m listening” is actually “Ngiyezwa” in the dictionary, but I do believe it ends with “-sho” which means “say” or “mean”
Neutral Yes 01: Kulungile! (Alright!)
Neutral Yes 02: Ingabe-na (Share it with us)
Neutral Yes 03: Ingavuma (I accept) Ngiyavuma is the form I found in the online dictionary
Neutral No 01: qha! (No!)
Neutral No 02: Lutho neze neze (Not a bit) it literally means “nothing, not at all, not a bit!”
Neutral No 03: sounds like “Linga chosso zin kukul”, “linga” means attempt/try while “izinkukhu” means “chicken”, perhaps it is something in the vein of “try again, chicken!”
Request: Ungavuma-wuphe dayisa ( lit. you might accept-give it-sell) maybe he trying to say "You might accept this offer"

Regarding Nobunaga I think he actually says "horsehockysurei nagara" 失礼ながら and not "horsehockysurei daga".

They have more or less the same meaning, but if you listen carefully you should be able to tell he says the former, at least to me it seems clear enough.

Here is a Japanese site that translate the expression in english

Hi!
*snip*
BNW translations will be up on the OP after the mods open up a new post for BNW. :)
YAY! :D He's here!
Be sure to grab the most recent translation for Maria I and Pedro II - I changed a few things here and there today (mistakes needing to be fixed and whatnot)... :p

He seems to speak venetian but it's a bit strange... it doesn't sound like the venetian I'm used to, but then again I'm not quite accustomed with that dialect. Perhaps it's an older form of venetian?
At any rate it's definitely not Italian.

I understand 80% of what he says, so I'd rather let someone who actually speak Venetian to do the translation, besides I wouldn't know how to write it correctly.

I think the funniest part of his speeches is the line when he offers a trade: "This offer won't last for much longer, think about it."
He's a true merchant he knows the tools of his trade.

So I decided to poke around his lines. I don't really know Italian or Venetian, but I can understand a few words here and there! :p
His Intro is incredibly simple - "Welcome to Venice. I am Doge Enrico Dandolo."
Translating this to Italian gives me "Benvenuti a Venezia. Sono doge Enrico Dandolo.", which is not really what he says (unless he's eating a few letters! :lol:), so +1 to Venetian! :lol: Unfortunately I don't know to write what he says exactly, but I do know what I hear him saying is not what is written there.

I'm surprised no Polish user has waltz here with a translation for Casimir III yet! :p

Okay I decided to try to write a transaltion for Dandolo quotes, but I'm not quite sure about some sentences.

Dandolo
Speaks Venetian dialect, most likely an older form.
Source: I'm Italian with a certain knowledge of Veneto dialects, though I'm more accustomed to "Veronese" than "Veneziano".
Intro: Welcome to Venice, I'm the Doge Enrico Dandolo (Benvenu a Venezia, So il Doge Enrico Dandolo.)
Attacked:*
Declare War: When you'll be no more, sir, there will be more for me. (Como ghe sarei più vialtri, sior, ghe ne sarà più par mi)*
Defeated: A miscalculation from my part. (Un conto sbaglià, da parte mia)
Hate Hello: You! What do you want? (Vu! Cossa vole'?)
Hate Hear It 1: Speak (Parle')
Hate Hear It 2: You again? (Da novo vu?)
Hate Hear It 3: What do you want? (Cossa vuoi?)
Hate No 1: What? (Cossa?)
Hate No 2: Absolutely not (Assolutamente no)
Hate No 3: That proposal is ridiculous (Ea xe una proposta ridicola)
Hate Yes 1: So be it (Così sia)
Hate Yes 2: If I must (Se devo)
Hate Yes 3: If you insist (Se insiste')
Neutral Hello: Greetings (Saluti)
Neutral Hear It 1: Come (Veni' vanti)
Neutral Hear It 2: Go on (Ande' vanti)
Neutral Hear It 3: Yes? (Si?)
Neutral No 1: No (No)
Neutral No 2: Surely not (De sicuro no)
Neutral No 3: We refuse (Declinemo)
Neutral Yes 1: Very well (Benissimo)
Neutral Yes 2: Okay (Va ben)
Neutral Yes 3: Sure (De sicuro)
Peaceful: I like to see my plans unfolding (Me piase veder i me schemi realizarse)
Request: This offer won't last for much longer, think about it (Sta offerta non sarà valida per tanto tempo, penseghe)

*NOTE: While the rest of the lines I'm 99% sure they are correct the "declare war" and "attacked" lines are kinda hard to understand. The "declare war" one is 75% correct I think.
For "Attacked" I think he says something like "Capis [ve ha i] vostri propositi, ma [s'ha] presto, amigo mio"
The parts under brackets are dubious and probably incorrect, the rest is 99% correct.
It should mean something like "I understand quite well your intentions, but you'll soon (pay for that), my friend." or perhaps it's "I already figured out your intentions". I can't quite tell. It seems that there's a lot of idiomatic expressions in this sentence.

I know Italian and a little Venetian so I could help you on the translation but I don't have the BNW files yet

Top Bottom