FfH2 0.31 Changelog

The Lanun may not have much production, but they can make massive amounts of money. One option is to switch to a civic that allows purchases and just buy everything.

I think the +1 production to water tiles building/wonder should be given to Octopus Overlords, which seems like a really weak religion atm.
Possible names: wharf, port, marina, fishery, pier, shipyard, dike
require OO state religion and Optics.

I think the +1 production to water tiles building/wonder should be given to Octopus Overlords, which seems like a really weak religion atm.
Possible names: wharf, port, marina, fishery, pier, shipyard, dike
require OO state religion and Optics.

Perhaps the +1 hammer per water tile could be a bonus for the OO holy shrine or a world wonder (a modified Manari Statues) buildable by the OO similar to how the RoK get Miles of Gal-Dur with Arete. This wouldn't fit very well with Mind Stapling, but it could be buildable with Messages from the Deep and require OO to build.

Offshore Platform type buildings a very powerfull - balance might be at stake here.

But perhaps the Mind Stapling tech could give +2 Hammers to Fishing Boats to achieve a more reasonable boost for coastal civs.

I don't think the Lanun need any more production: low :hammers: output is a feature, not a problem. Further, since Lanun cities tend to have a large amount of :commerce: and :food:, you can get a lot your production done through pop-rushing or money-rushing (which is far easier to get than in Vanilla). Plus, since farms suck for you anyways, you can run Conquest to build your units.

Personally, I think a Portuguese Feitoria-type building would make a lot of sense for the Lanun: commerce is sort of a given with navy-oriented civs, and the extra commerce would reinforce their strengths (high :commerce:, strong :traderoute:), while leaving their weakness (low :hammers:) in place. Perhaps something like +100% :traderoute: income, +1 :commerce: per sea square and +1 :) from whale would be pretty good. Optics (or Astronomy) would be a natural place to put this.

I just posted in the Strategy forum--at least in the mid to late game, hammers aren't a problem for the Lanun anymore. Guilds, especially with Guild of Hammers, solves it.

I was just modding the game a little, and I found I would really like it if there was a prerequisite civic and a prerequisite alignment tag in the CIV4SpellInfos.xml file.

I'd also really like a tag in the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file that controlled the likelihood of one promotion randomly granting another promotion, and a tag to forbid a unit from ever getting a certain promotion (better yet, just make the Promotion Immune tags also prevent a unit from getting the promotions through other promotions that randomly apply them, through random events, and through purchasing through xp), and also a way (preferably through both promotions and specific unit xmls) to give/remove promotions through combat with specific types (via living/not living, unitcombats, unitclasses, units, promotions, maybe even civs and religions) of units instead of just combat in general. This could also fix Donal;s ability to get recruiter, limit Losha's ability to get immortality to defeating living units (I'm pretty sure I just got if by defeating a skeleton, which didn't seem to make sense), and open up far more interesting possibilities.

I was also thinking that it would be really cool if you could use python code returning an int number instead of an integer in some tags (like the immobile turns tag in the spells file or the betrayal chance in the promotions file), so you could, for instance, make the number depend on the amount of amount of different types of mana you have. (Or is this possible already? I thought vaguely remembered someone saying it was a while back, nut I don't remember who. I tried setting the number of turns immoble form the entangle spell to use a python code in the SpellInterface.py file and it didn't work. Where should we have the functions defined if we can use them?)

Any chance that any of these xml suggestions could make it into .31?

When will modcomponents like sevopedia be added? Will more game options be added soon?

Will the worldspell "divine retribution" of the mercurians also be changed?
In all of my 0.30 games (5-6 games yet), Hyborem got killed due to this spell.
Or will there be a change that units with the immortal promotion won't be affected by it?

Or will there be a change that units with the immortal promotion won't be affected by it?
Hyborem? Yeah, I have actually never seen such a devasting spell/event in this games history. Okey part of this complain is due to the fact that my recent game was with the Sheaim (I lost because of this spell). I tested my worldspell (AC100) and I looked at my neighbours cities and I can't say that I'm impressed with that spell. The most anoying worldspell ever however must be the Infernals. First you summon them (the tech) then they thank you by taking over you best and biggest city (besides my capital). At least the good version plays team, so you don't loose so much. I will never summon the Infernals again, thats for sure. What a downer.

Hyborem? Yeah, I have actually never seen such a devasting spell/event in this games history. Okey part of this complain is due to the fact that my recent game was with the Sheaim (I lost because of this spell). I tested my worldspell (AC100) and I looked at my neighbours cities and I can't say that I'm impressed with that spell. The most anoying worldspell ever however must be the Infernals. First you summon them (the tech) then they thank you by taking over you best and biggest city (besides my capital). At least the good version plays team, so you don't loose so much. I will never summon the Infernals again, thats for sure. What a downer.

LOL, when you play with fire you are bound to get burned my friend.

I do agree though that the Mercurians spell is a bit much. It kills Hyborem every single time in my experience, AND strips that civ of all it's traits except fallow. Hyborem comes into the game already disadvantaged, and then the Mercurian worldspell immasculates the civ. A bit over the top in my opinion. I don't bother summoning him usually because of that.

yeah, unfortunately, my solution for this has been to always select no compact now, with blight also not working it really feels like i am back playing in light again.

There hasn't been any update on the change list for ages. Has it been relesed already?

No. Kael has been on a business trip and hasn't been at his computer recently to do any work on the mod. I don't think he's been able to do any work on it in over a week, but he should get back to it this weekend.

I'm a little concerned that you're moving ahead too quickly here. There are still so many game breaking bugs in 030. For instance, Luchuirp is unplayable because you can never retrieve Barnaxus's pieces, the Elohim's Sanctuary worldspell is broken (because it can be resisted, but the units that do resist it essentially become sitting ducks, making the spell way too powerful), the event chain that founds the magic corporation (what with the experimenting student etc) still doesn't work, and so on. Don't you think you should slow down with adding new features and focus on making what you have right now work?

Huh? I see nothing but fixes to bugs and the addition of art and design assets which are created independently of Kael's (limited) bugfixing time.

I'm a little concerned that you're moving ahead too quickly here. There are still so many game breaking bugs in 030. ... Don't you think you should slow down with adding new features and focus on making what you have right now work?

It seems there is as many corrections and game balance adjusments as new features. Good work.

Top Bottom