Inquisition

The button that executes the inquisition works perfectly. Remember, to conduct an inquisition, the city must have your state religion established first. The inquisition button will not light up without it.

V/R,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Again, i knew that, but i have NO button (at all) thats why i am asking for help, to see whats is wrong that i have done!! THX..:confused:

how can I edit the unit to remove ALL religions in the city? I want to make it in to a Secret Police unit.

1. Edit the CvEventManager.py file.

2. Look for def doInquisitorPersecution

3. Find the 5 lines under comment "Loop through all religions, remove them from the city"

4. Remove line that skips the state religion:

if iReligionLoop != pPlayer.getStateReligion( ):

5. Fix the indentations for the remaining lines.

6. Remove the 3 lines under the following comment:

Add player's state religion

That should do it.

hey guys,
can someone help me to merge inqusition limited rel to bug mod? i can seem to succeed...

i successfully merged this into the expanded mod using winmerge, even still i had a ton of indentation errors which i hunted down one by one with logging on. if it helps you can use my files as a reference:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286739

there were some references to cy.game that i had to change in some of the python files. (im going from memory, at work now so i cant check the actual files)

thanks alot modifieda,

ill check it out,
what is the file game.cy?

:)

its not a file, its a object in one of the python files. the object was named differently in the expanded mod, so i had to convert the expanded mod to the naming that the inquisition used. im not a python expert, but it seemed to make sense to me to do it. using the logging feature and trying to understand what each snippet of code does helped alot to make sure i wasnt cutting and pasting inquisition code in a bad way. also, i made sure that the plain inquisition mod worked on its own before merging it.

i made sure that the plain inquisition mod worked on its own before merging it.

The next release will have limitted religions included. Specifically, If you have already founded a religion and have the holy city, you will not be able to found a second religion. Testing is going on now.

I ran into a set back in Python, so this may take a while before I finally work out the problem.

from the police thread:

It never seemed to work right. I am thoroughly testing my new version right now, as it seems I have overcame the Python issues in the CvGameUtils.py file. The code really works great, as no civ can found more than one religion.

However, I have but one problem left: If one Civ founds all the religious techs first, no other civ can get a religion. This is very bad. I want to prevent that exploit. I believe I have a coding approach that might work.

V/R,

im still confused over your "It never seemed to work right" statement. it seems to be working for me, or am i missing something?

from the police thread:I'm still confused over your "It never seemed to work right" statement. it seems to be working for me, or am i missing something?

I should have been more specific. In the limited Religions version, rival Civ's don't seem to found religions as quickly, as they normaly would in the version without limited religions. I have definitely fixed that problem and I am now working on a way to stop the religious tech exploit mentioned earlier.

V/R,

I should have been more specific. In the limited Religions version, rival Civ's don't seem to found religions as quickly, as they normaly would in the version without limited religions. I have definitely fixed that problem and I am now working on a way to stop the religious tech exploit mentioned earlier.

V/R,

ahh yes, i noticed the exact same behavior from the AI.:( i must have missed your fix, did you post it?

Ahh, ok, keep up the good work!:goodjob:

in the meantime, do you have any code snippets you can post for the AI fix?

Last night I completed coding for both the AI and the exploit fixes. Initial testing is promising. The AI fix is available: See post 16 on the following link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7161359#post7161359

You would make these function changes in the cvGameUtils.py file within Orion's Inquisition Mod. That's all you have to do to get limited religions, but it still does not stop the expliot.

The AI will found a religion as it is expected to do. In a small game, with only 3 or 4 CIVs, religion founding will appear to be a little slow, but it actually isn't. The AI will found a religion right on time, just not as many religions will be founded in the game.

As I said, the exploit fix is being tested and will guarantee a level playing field for all Civs.

Top Bottom