Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

Is the test game hosted with the NoScoreV2 mod? (The one attached in the first post)

I loaded it and get a "files do not match host" warning.

Yes, NoScoreV2 is attached on the first post of the thread.

I forgot to tell about files mismatch warning. I don't manage to get rid of this. It is independent of the mod used here. I may have one difference on one file in my installation (upgraded from an old one), but I cannot identify which is the cause. I checked wrt to another installation which doesn't have this problem (assets and custom assets directories). But they are "binary" similar.

Another pitboss is running and all is OK for several months, although you get the message each time a player connects.

If anyone knows which file or directory can cause this, I'd be glad to hear it!
Of course, if I erased all and reinstall all, that would solve the issue... but I wish I could avoid that.

All votes received :goodjob: Results are available in the Excel (or OpenOffice) spreadsheet.

A slight more duplicates for leaders (although there are more leaders available, interesting...).
I hope I did not wong, otherwise, tell me!

Attachments

• PibossChoices.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 121
I got in with the warning...but seemed to work fine.

Got in.

Question: are you still planning on using a toroidal wrap?

I'm not a big fan of the strip of water at the top and bottom, and toroidal would fix that I think.

I can I stand by to be a sub in this if someone pulls out?

Looks like another pitboss I am in is never going to progress anywhere due to repeated server problems, so I think I can take part in another game.

Can I make a change in Civ choice?

As I was the ONLY person that did not get their 1st choice, could I still switch to something completely NOT in my top 4?

I actually misread something when I was choosing, and would prefer to go a different direction.

Connected, but didn't see what I thought would be my Civ - probably because I'm late getting my info in - but none the less, I appear to be able to connect fine.

Sarge

Can I make a change in Civ choice?

As I was the ONLY person that did not get their 1st choice, could I still switch to something completely NOT in my top 4?

I actually misread something when I was choosing, and would prefer to go a different direction.

Well I think it's a slippery slope, but I would support this if I was also allowed to change Civs ... yes I know, etc. etc. but I chose on the assumption we were playing the Global Highlands map - which is thought to be food-poor - and thus the Baray would have greater value.

Anyway, I'm happy to play with what I chose if the consensus is against changes.

No objections from me, as long as you aren't taking someone else's civ or leader in the process.

BTW, Toroidal won't fix the water strip at the top and bottom. That's part of the Lakes map script - I don't think there's any way to get rid of it (although normally it will be all Ice - I think the test map must have been generated with the 'Ice' either completely turned off, or set to 'Not along coast').

Edit: also here's a link to view the leader choices as a google doc, in case there's anyone else like me who doesn't have Excel. :)
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgnZrA6NkIKQdC13eUE0NDZ4azZXcnA1TjVTakh2bHc&hl=en

BTW, Toroidal won't fix the water strip at the top and bottom. That's part of the Lakes map script - I don't think there's any way to get rid of it (although normally it will be all Ice - I think the test map must have been generated with the 'Ice' either completely turned off, or set to 'Not along coast').

Ice was turned off in the map script.

I cannot enter the game, since it says that the assets have been protected, thus I cannot enter the game.

Anyone knows what could cause this problem?

I can see that you took 2 civs, classical_hero, so you probably could do a part of the logging process? Have you loaded the mod "NoScoreV2"?

Connected, but didn't see what I thought would be my Civ - probably because I'm late getting my info in - but none the less, I appear to be able to connect fine.

Sarge

It is only a test game. Your civ/leader will appear in the real game.

no problems to connect ;)

edit: nicely done Slaze... though we'll have to cope with an annoyed Rusten now... :lol:

The locked assests thing could be related to me having Blue marble mod.

It shouldn't be; I have Blue Marble loaded and got in with no problem. You do have the NoScoreV2 mod installed correctly? i.e. just in \Mods\NoScorev2 and not \Mods\NoScoreV2\NoScoreV2

Top Bottom