C3C DemoGame Revival - Game 2 (DGRG2)

Cyc

Looking for the door...
The first Revival Game has been over for a while now. I'm thinking it might be a good time to talk about starting a second C3C Revival game. These forums have had a lot of visitors over the last year. Hopefully these visitors are people interested in participating in a new game.

If you have any interest, please post below. Everyone and anyone is welcome.

Just in case you're interested in reading about the history of the Civ3 Democracy Games, there are 7 DGs posted in the Civ3 Archive Forum.

Personally, I think 1, 2, 3, and 5 were the best.

:cooool: That makes two of us.

Hopefully we'll get more. Have you played in a Democracy game before? Have you read any of the archived games?

Running for Office is a trip. Let's hope we can sign up enough players to make a go of it. Thanks for responding.

That's great. The second DG had the massive RPG that ran along side the actual Demogame. The game was massive also and the groups and personalities that formed spawned side RPGs.

The Constitution and the Judicial System were highlights for me also. There were so many facets, and it ran 24/7. Those were the days. Good choice.

Ok, I. Larkin. When you click on that link, it takes you to the Civ3 Archives. There, you'll find all of the Games of Democrcy plus a Multiteam Democracy Game. Click on any of the games. (Actually right-clicking and opening in a new tab (for IE) is better) When you get to the main game forum, you'll see sub-forums listed at the top. Sub-forums have names will be like "Citizen's", "Government", or "Polls". Down below the sub-forums, you find some main forum threads that are stickied in place to hold them at the top. Up above the sub-forums you'll find a box for display options and Moderators. In the display options box, you will want to show all the threads from the begining (last option from the 3rd drop down menu), then click on show threads. This will show you all the threads on the original page. These threads hold the discussions and saves that you are looking for. Unfortunately, some people removed a lot of the saves over the years, some people didn't know how to post saves. But if you show all the threads from the main forum and all the sub-forums, you will finds tons of discussions and reports. This applies to each game.

I checked out the first Democracy Game for saves, and they (the saves) were hard to find. But I did find two for you. There may be more, but I had to get out because I was reminiscing too much. :blush:

The two saves are below. One is zipped (the final save I believe), the other not. You may find more saves in the other games. But you'll also find posts with game summaries, History threads, government offices, citizen discussion, and lots of polls. ;)

Have fun.

Attachments

• Pheonetica, 1540 AD.SAV
    345.3 KB · Views: 298
  • phoenaticaphinal.zip
    391 KB · Views: 234
Ok, I. Larkin. Skip the 1st DG. I went back and looked at the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th DemoGames. There you can find all the saves and Chat Logs for the Turn Chats you can handle. They are all dated for the starting time of the Turn Chat, so you can find threads with posts dated just prior and follow the discussion.

In DG2, you'll find a thread called "Historical Statistics and Turn Chat Index". It will have all the links to downloads you'll need. Pretty sure it's on the main page.

In DG3, you'll find a thread called "Save Game Archive". Again this may be on the main page, but then again it may be in the Government sub-forum.

In DG5, you'll find a thread called "Turn Chat Info and Starting Times Index". Again, I believe this is on the main page.

Be sure to use the "show threads from - the begining" options to get the most from the Archives.

Top Bottom