Quick Questions and Answers

I have a quick question and would be thankful if someone pointed me in the right direction, I just acquired Civ V and I love it! The only thing that bothered me were the advisers not being the proper ethnicity of my civilization??

For example, I am playing the Chinese- however my advisers are some random Persian/Greek/Italian/Arabic person with glasses?!?? This small detail really bothered me and I was wondering if there is a mod available to fix it (ie the Japanese have Japanese advisors, the Greeks have Greek advisors etc)?

Thank you so much!!

Nobody ever users advisers so I doubt it. And why would that bother you anyway? I don't think there was ever a single Civ game that had ethnic-based advisors anyway, specific era though on the other hand...

Does anyone know when civ 6 will be released or if there is a release date set for it?

How exactly does air combat work? I get that intercepting hits any air units but say I have a Fighter/Zero and wanna attack some ground units. How do I do it?

How exactly does air combat work? I get that intercepting hits any air units but say I have a Fighter/Zero and wanna attack some ground units. How do I do it?

It works like all ranged attacks. Press S or click the strike button on the left side and you get to the familiar ranged attack mode

quick question: hadnt thought about it in awhile but do Great Person generating benefits like Gardens (and social policies) apply to the Patronage "occasionally gift you great people" policy?

my gut reaction says no, but i thought i should ask.

quick question: hadnt thought about it in awhile but do Great Person generating benefits like Gardens (and social policies) apply to the Patronage "occasionally gift you great people" policy?

I am not sure, but I think that's a No.

The Garden provides an increase in rate for ONE city. not ALL cities, so unless the City-States can build them (which, even then, i doubt it uses the same method), it doesn't apply to anywhere but your cities.

Definetly not, nothing affects how many GP-s you get from CS-s, only time

Do you folks feel that this is a better Civ? It seems to me from reading just the first 6 pages that they ruined it. It looks like there are some good changes, but a instead of adding and improving, they took away overall...

Maybe after its sold for 9.95 I'll consider it...

Or am I missing something?

Do you folks feel that this is a better Civ? It seems to me from reading just the first 6 pages that they ruined it. It looks like there are some good changes, but a instead of adding and improving, they took away overall...

Maybe after its sold for 9.95 I'll consider it...

Or am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing a crucial piece of information

This thread was made in Sep 25, 2010, it is now 5th of April 2012.

Patches have come and go, there have been stuff fixed, stuff added.

There was a nice chart with all the leaders and how likely it was for them to DoF you,to use nukes,ect,rated from 1 to 12.Can anyone give me the link?

is it possible to reset the base unit supply? limited tech knowlege. I like to create scenarios with a large number of starting units/civs & cs. to do so I start each scenario with large number (10-15) cities per civ, citizen ect. . I know there is a better way to do this. I am long time wargamer, started with avalon hill board games, who loves civ4 & 5 but would like to create scenario a little less complex. Thank you

Can you set the game to skip the opening movie? it is great but after watching it half a dozen time i'd rather skip it and get to my game.

Top Bottom