SDI Question

xxyyzz

Chieftain
Woohoo I finally got SDI to work. Been playing for years now... First time for everything. Graphic was kinda disapointing.

On to the question. For it to work, does the targeted city need a SAM battery? Or does it cover all the cities?

Heh, and does global warming, when you get the orange circle in the lower right box, ever go away? I made a wasteland out of the Mayans when they attempted to nuke me :D

Once built, SDI covers all of your cities. Or at least all of your continental cities; I've never had a non-continental city nuked.
Also, I believe that it only covers cities and not territory (ie resources).

Originally posted by xxyyzz
Heh, and does global warming, when you get the orange circle in the lower right box, ever go away?

What circle? Maybe I just never saw it... Or it's new in C3C.

Love to see the option to shield your allies (or a single ally) with SDI in Civ4...

SDI? Is it really that hard to sat what these mean once in the post?

Kyle

WCWAJTWOLTDITP?

Well excuss me for not knowing what the heck all of these acronyms mean. Maybe in the all of the posts I make I should jsut random use them and let all of you people try to figure out what I'm talking about.

Strategic Defensive Inititive

Wow, that was so hard, it took me all of 4 seconds to type it three times. Heavon forbid everyone that wants to use an acronym take 2 extra seconds to type the real meaning once and then use the acronym for the rest of the post.

I swear, KTDASL.

Kyle, in an annoyed mood today, don't mind him

Originally posted by Gogf

What circle? Maybe I just never saw it... Or it's new in C3C.

actually its the kind sun bottom right. The brighter the more pollution/warming.

plant forests and improve your anti pollution infra...

actually, forests don't have any impact on global warming at all in civ 3. Once there is global warming, its there to stay.

Originally posted by HiroHito
actually its the kind sun bottom right. The brighter the more pollution/warming.

plant forests and improve your anti pollution infra...

Actually the darker it is the worse it gets.

SDI covers all of your territory, I believe (not just the cities). It has a 75% success rate, IIRC, so some nukes can sneak through. The AI loves nuking resources. And it seems like (in the one or two times I actually had a nuke war), was that if they send a nuke to 1 particular tile and it gets shot down by the SDI, then any other nukes sent to that tile that same turn, will all be shot down too. (Just like if you fail at planting a spy for 1 particular civ, you will always fail on that same turn for that civ, no matter how many times you try). The AI doesn't figure this out and continually kept sending nukes at 1 certain tile, only for my SDI to shoot them all down. My SDI shot like 6 or 7 nukes that aimed for that tile, but then 1 or 2 nukes got through when they aimed at a different tile.

Originally posted by Bamspeedy
SDI covers all of your territory, I believe (not just the cities). It has a 75% success rate, IIRC, so some nukes can sneak through. The AI loves nuking resources. And it seems like (in the one or two times I actually had a nuke war), was that if they send a nuke to 1 particular tile and it gets shot down by the SDI, then any other nukes sent to that tile that same turn, will all be shot down too. (Just like if you fail at planting a spy for 1 particular civ, you will always fail on that same turn for that civ, no matter how many times you try). The AI doesn't figure this out and continually kept sending nukes at 1 certain tile, only for my SDI to shoot them all down. My SDI shot like 6 or 7 nukes that aimed for that tile, but then 1 or 2 nukes got through when they aimed at a different tile.

Ive had my capital hit 3 times with the SDI on the same turn.

An SDI defense will also protect your allies, and vice-versa.
The AI tried to nuke one of my cities( I didn't have SDI yet) but the nuke was shot down by my ally's SDI. For this to work, the
ennemy nuke would have to affect at least one of your ally's units. I was fortunate enough that the city the AI targeted was costal and my ally had a battleship in the blast area.

Originally posted by Tilarium
Wow, that was so hard, it took me all of 4 seconds to type it three times. Heavon forbid everyone that wants to use an acronym take 2 extra seconds to type the real meaning once and then use the acronym for the rest of the post.

Well you typed it with a wrong word and a spelling mistake three times, so either you copy pasted, you cheater ;), or err... I don't have any other rational explanation :)

Oh and SDI is an acronym used in CIV3, so it's not like only people in this forum use it...
Hope your bad mood wears out, because agressive posts ruin my day :)

Well excuss me for not knowing what the heck all of these acronyms mean. Maybe in the all of the posts I make I should jsut random use them and let all of you people try to figure out what I'm talking about.

Man, and I thought I was irritable...

I'm guessing you don't have a job in IT (that stands for Information Technology).

Top Bottom