Adding More Civs and Making them work with RoM

Hashishim

Prince
Anyone know want needs to be done in respect with Customized Downloaded BTS 3.17 Modular Civ and making them work with RoM? What do you do? how you go about it? pleaseAssist:)

I'd suggest using the extra civ addon pack that I've made. In that pack there's 50 civs that have already been converted to RoM settings (v2.2).

If the Civ that you want isn't among those, you can convert modular civs by changing civ's starting civics, starting techs, change unique unit and unique building to RoM settings. Besides those things you'll have to add 1st contact info for the new leader (diplomacy xml files).

So far i managed to get the civs working, without it crashing completely, but i get an error when it comes to the UNITS that came with the civs i downloaded the error im getting is as follows:

Tag UNITCOMBAT_AIR in InfoClass was incorrect
Current XML File is ......\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Iraq\Units\Iraq_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

i had similiar errors for others to like, UNITCOMBAT_ARMOUR etc. Can someone tell me what i need to do here to fix it?

the error comes up when start the game, and its uncaching the xml files, but the game does load though, and runs.

The inclusion of the above civs to ROM currently complete. :> lol will upload it as soon as i can. Please go to my other thread. and if you can assist in making those addons to RoM or alternatively can find me similiar MODCOMPS that are around that can mimmick it after which I be merge it with RoM [PLEASE note SDK AND python not my speciality so will find difficulty in it but will try and do whatever i can], after the RoM adjustment we can give it to zapara to include it in the next RoM Update, if he will update it. Anyways just a suggestion :)

can't wait for u to upload :D gonna try them.

im too noobish to convert them for rom thou :(

will have it up as soon as i can, im adding maybe 2 more civs into it. hehe i need to limit myself now though :p Anyways zappara what you think about that other idea or suggestion on my other thread? think you can work something for it? i can upload couple pictures to show what i mean.

I'd suggest using the extra civ addon pack that I've made. In that pack there's 50 civs that have already been converted to RoM settings (v2.2).

If the Civ that you want isn't among those, you can convert modular civs by changing civ's starting civics, starting techs, change unique unit and unique building to RoM settings. Besides those things you'll have to add 1st contact info for the new leader (diplomacy xml files).

What exactly is meant when you say change to Rom settings. What are the rom settings that i should change them to. I am not a modder but would like to learn how to add in extra civs to RoM. Perhaps sum1 could give me an example of converting a non Rom civ to a rom Civ.

What exactly is meant when you say change to Rom settings. What are the rom settings that i should change them to. I am not a modder but would like to learn how to add in extra civs to RoM. Perhaps sum1 could give me an example of converting a non Rom civ to a rom Civ.
Basically for UUs you'll need to check:

- required techs
- required resources
- unitcombat type
- combat strength and other combat modifiers to be the same as in the basic unit (of course unique modifiers stay the same as before but sometimes you'll have to sum up RoM settings and previous UU settings)
- upgrade paths
- cargo amounts
- unit cost
.. might be few other things as well that I don't remember now. You might want to consider if the UU has better choice to replace in RoM as there's plenty of new unit classes available.

For Unique Buildings:

- required techs
- building cost
- required resources
- chance to capture building
- sum up RoM and unique building modifiers (best is to take first RoM modifiers and then add something extra to make it unique)
- in some cases python needs changes as well (building upgrade paths) but for Extra Civ addon package I changed all UBs to other similar building type so that I didn't need to make python changes. For example Canada's Hockey Ring UB originally replaced Theatre or Colosseum but in RoM I changed it to replace Opera House as it was better choice when I thought at what time Hockey Rings were built first time.

For Civilization settings:
- change starting techs to RoM settings
- change starting civics (RoM has 7 categories instead of default 5)
- check city and unit artstyles and change it if RoM has better choice available for that ethnic group.

Basically you'll just have to compare new civ's all modifiers that they'll match RoM settings. If new civ has leader that uses new mp3s for era musics, you'll have to mergo those to RoM audio defines for each new civ. For last thing, you'll have to add 1st contact diplocamy entry to RoM's diplomacy xml file.

Do you accept links with new leaderheads?

I don't like that for example I conquer Germans and completely wipe them out. But the cities start a revolution and he reappears. I wipe him out again, but when the revolution reoccours the Fredderick (not any other German leader) is back. :lol:
German revolts have happened about 3 times for me.

i also have a comment about the revolution feature. think this is a great idea, but needs some major tuning. it really frustrates me when i see an uprising in the new world(sioux, iroquois, etc) and the polish or albanian or goths appear as the rebel civ. it should be the apache, navajo, olmec or some civ that is from the new world. also, for rebel civs in england, it should be the celts or scots, not the portugese. this is something that has bothered me from the beginning, but have grown to live with it. if you can fix this, it would be much appreciated.

i also have a comment about the revolution feature. think this is a great idea, but needs some major tuning. it really frustrates me when i see an uprising in the new world(sioux, iroquois, etc) and the polish or albanian or goths appear as the rebel civ. it should be the apache, navajo, olmec or some civ that is from the new world. also, for rebel civs in england, it should be the celts or scots, not the portugese. this is something that has bothered me from the beginning, but have grown to live with it. if you can fix this, it would be much appreciated.

Zappara didn't make the Revmod, you need to talk to Jdog5000 for stuff like that. There is a revolution mod forum...somewhere...

Top Bottom