Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I mostly win by TIME

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I NEVER win

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other (?)

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Most of my victories are Science, but I do Domination and Culture too... often it depends on where I'm placed, and how it goes...

Had a couple of Time victories a long time ago, including a Deity one, but haven't had a game go on that long for ages.

Although I have a couple of Diplomatic victories, one was in order to get the Achievement, the other was to stop Rammy getting it (he was about to get it, but I bought enough CSs on the last turn before the vote to overturn it)...

I have one other game that is worthy of mention, and that was at Immortal, where I deliberately went for all 4 types of VC (all VC except Time)... I saved when I was almost there with Science and played 4 different endings, winning all 4. I think that would be a lot harder at Deity!

I don't like doing the same sort of things every time, so I often go for different challenges each time... LOL and sometimes that just comes up when you get a runaway. That can be a challenge too, but most runaways can be beaten if you're not too far behind technically, and can get to Bombers...

Scince. I don't know why. Other victories exept Domination are boring I think. My hall of fame is: 75% scince, 15% domination and the rest cultural. I don't either bother doing Diplo or Time victories. Mabye I will go for some Diplo victories when G&K come out.

Scince. I don't know why. Other victories exept Domination are boring I think. My hall of fame is: 75% scince, 15% domination and the rest cultural. I don't either bother doing Diplo or Time victories. Mabye I will go for some Diplo victories when G&K come out.

I can't make sense of my hall of fame. It has me winning time victories after 40 turns, and as powers I've never played let alone won as (it shows a high score winning as Suleiman - I can't recall ever having played the Ottomans, and since I don't have the achievement I plainly never won with them).

My victory tends to come via science.

So happenly my losts tends to come via diplomacy.

I find that all victories in CiV are generally domination victories. Even when I win using science or culture, I often take over a couple of opponents early and then cripple the others so they can't compete stopping short of domination so that I can achieve the desired victory condition.

The reason there isn't is because this is a poll to see what your most frequent victory type is, not your 'favorite'. You could vote 'other', I guess.

As I suspected, it appears that most victories are science victories.

The reason it shoudl be there because some poeple tend to even out their victory types, I don't choose one over the other because it's easy, I play all of them.

The reason it shoudl be there because some poeple tend to even out their victory types, I don't choose one over the other because it's easy, I play all of them.

While you might not choose one over the others because it's easy, surely by definition you're going to win more of the games with easier conditions. So aiming for an even spread of victories is likely to lead to more science and diplo victories by default.

definitely science for me. I generally play random civ/random map and it just seems to be the most natural outcome most of the time. domination and culture are fun to change things up but I find myself gravitating towards science victory probably 70% of the time.

While you might not choose one over the others because it's easy, surely by definition you're going to win more of the games with easier conditions. So aiming for an even spread of victories is likely to lead to more science and diplo victories by default.

I play on easier difficulties, thus I have won with each victory type, and I always change it to keep it fresh.

I mostly win Cultural, followed by science but I usually aim for Domination. Just happen to reach one of the others first. Play with Diplo and Time turned off.

Most frequent victory? Culture :c5culture: Victory

I like :c5culture: Victories barbecue it means building small empire with well rounded cities. I always like to build as many buildings in a city as possible and I tent to build a small empire because their easier to manage.

Domination is my least played victory type. War in [civ5] is fun and often the highlight of most games but is very intensive on the players (my)attention and focus I just can't keep it up all game.

Domination is my least played victory type. War in [civ5] is fun and often the highlight of most games but is very intensive on the players (my)attention and focus I just can't keep it up all game.

I tend to feel the same way, though I'm trying domination games more, partly to train myself to develop and use a larger army than I do most of the time. I'm finding some fun stories emerge and fortunes can vary more dynamically. In my latest game, the lowest point for the mighty Songhai empire came with the capture of Babylon by America (later taken from them by Siam), India seizing Dublin and the briefly resurgent Iroquois retaking their capital and marching on (and briefly holding) Jenne, while Brussels took Warsaw in my core territory and Tyre burned Taghaza to the ground. Followed by the Songhai resurgence with the punitive elimination of the Iroquois, the seizure of all lost territory (and Brussels) and marches onward into Siamese and Indian territory.

Top Bottom