GOTM requires PTW 1.27f. I have C3C 1.29

jimmywfl

Chieftain
I would like to participate in the game of the month but it requires PTW 1.27. I have C3C with 1.29. What do I do? Or did I misunderstand?

Civ3 complete contains both expansions so if you have it you can play either GotMs (for PTW) or CotMs (for C3C). To run a PTW game from Civ3 complete you may need to browse through the program folders and lauch the PTW executable from there, but taking aside this minor annoyance you'll be fine.

EDIT: a crosspost in this section is a remarkably rare occurrence :D

There are two "game of the month" sequences for Civ3. One is for C3C version 1.22 (there is no such version as 1.29 for C3C. If you really have version 1.29, then it's probably vanilla, not C3C). The other is for PtW 1.27. If you have C3C then you should also have PtW. Look in your Program Files directory for the .exe file for that version.

The current active game is GOTM 120, which is for PtW. Play that in PtW. There will be a new game for C3C soon.

Civ 3 Complete (C3C) contains and installs are three versions of Civ 3, all three fully patched; vanilla (1.29), Play the World (1.27) and Conquests (1.22).

Once installed, C3C will default to play Conquests, though the other two versions are installed also. But you will need to create a new shortcut to start them or else navigate to the respective folder and start the .exe manually.

When C3C is installed, both Play the World and Conquests are installed in their own folders inside the main Civ 3 folder.

Thanks for everyone's help.
I now understand what is happening.
I did download and ran the patch civ3v129f.exe
Did this do anything? Should I try to revert to something?
Again, thanks to all of you for your help.
I am starting the PTW GOTM today.

You should not have needed to run any patch. I expect the worst that has happened is that your vanilla version of Civ3 *might* not work any more. However, you should never need to run it as PtW includes all of the features of the vanilla version and more.

Good luck :)

Top Bottom