Ask a Gay, Southern, American, Teenage Curler who is also a Boy Scout

what exactly is "stereotypically" gay?

After all, nobody in the military was outed during "don't ask, don't tell"- just the ones who "prance around like a fairy"...

Boy Scout Den Mother Kicked Out for Gaying All Over Impressionable Children

Ohioan and Lezzy McLez Von Lesbian Jennifer Tyrrell became involved in the Boy Scouts after her son joined, and for over a year had held the position of den mother. After being elected treasurer of her pack (which is bigger than a den, but, uh, smaller than a gaggle or flock or rookery or convocation or other animal group words the Boy Scouts are calling their subgroups of future homophobes), she discovered what she described in a statement to GLAAD as "inconsistencies" in the pack's finances. Shortly after reporting her findings, she was asked to resign.

The Boy Scouts of America insist that the decision had nothing to do with her discovery and everything to do with the fact that she's a lady who kisses and holds hands and stuff with other ladies. Ohio River Valley scout executive Bob Drury explained it thusly: "We do not grant membership to individuals who are open or avow homosexuals. The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to develop a character and leadership skills and youth of today to become leaders of tomorrow. And anything that distracts from that mission distracts from what our program is."

Boy Scouts Demand Moral and Sexual Straightness

The Girl Scouts of American and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America organizations proudly welcome and appreciate members and leaders of all sexual and gender identities. The Girl Scouts, for example, has indeed fulfilled its own written promises and laws "to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible."

But how can a boy scout or scout leader truly adhere to the Boy Scout Law of being "trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent" when the BSA clings to its blatantly prejudicial, discriminatory, and, quite frankly, offensive "expressive message" on issues of sexual identity?

My point exactly. It really isn't that hard to still be in Scouting, just don't do anything stereotypically gay.

Not even. Just don't talk about how you like guys, act however you want bar that.

I mean, if you want an example, last year during summer camp we gave each other lap dances after we stripped down some after a camp fire. Not trying to be funny or anything, but acting gay really isn't a problem.

Making it obvious that you are attracted to men, I suppose, or watching ponies.

Maybe the steroytype , but to get all serious for a second , I'm guessing the reality of being gay is closer to doing everything possible to hide ones attraction to men due to society being so messed up .

Which is quite inefficient for all of us really . Id rather a world where gay people are spending their time inventing flying cars than worrying about what people think .

Define "obvious".

I guess one way to make it obvious would be to tell your scoutmaster that you're sexually attracted to guys. Other than that, I can't think of anything. :lol:

I'm asking because your idea of what is "obvious" is at best probably rooted in stereotypes

Yes, sorry.

I'm not looking for stereotypes at all. You are.

Going away on trips exclusively with large groups of guys ?

The scout uniform ?
So glad they fixed it, now the zip off pants zip off below the knees and the shorts go about there too. The colour scheme is too ugly to be gay (unless you are using it in a pejorative sense and if so don't be a homophobe).

Making it obvious that you are attracted to men, I suppose, or watching ponies.
Even watching ponies wouldn't do it.

Not even. Just don't talk about how you like guys, act however you want bar that.

I mean, if you want an example, last year during summer camp we gave each other lap dances after we stripped down some after a camp fire. Not trying to be funny or anything, but acting gay really isn't a problem.
Were there any cute guys participating? :groucho:

I'm not looking for stereotypes at all. You are.

The effeminate, campy, lisping, limpwristed gay who uses excessive superlatives is the stereotype I'm talking about. I've never met a straight guy who acts like that and only a handful of gays that do.

Most effeminate men aren't gay. It's not even close.

Link to video.

What was the definition of Gender role nonconformist? To get 11% in one study and 25% in another is exceptionally bizarre unless you have fairly different definitions. Just averaging those isn't good it's terrible, they should get more studies with the same definition and then go with a median. Appealing to Aristophanes is weird because he was a playwright and so has no authority.

So glad they fixed it, now the zip off pants zip off below the knees and the shorts go about there too. The colour scheme is too ugly to be gay (unless you are using it in a pejorative sense and if so don't be a homophobe).

Certainly not meant to be homophobic . More ironic in the sense that the Scout movement's opposition to homosexuals could be considered humorously at odds with aspects of scouting that could be considered , admittedly stereotypically but intended lightheartedly , gay .

Top Bottom