What Do You Find Great About C3C (If You Have It)?

Civrules

We the People
Sure there are a lot of additions/changes/fixes to the game. They are ALL great changes to the AI, things like units, and just how the game works now. All this must lead to something. This something is that when you play, and you are sitting there, you move a unit and then something new happens. After that something else happens that you have forgotten about. And then something REALLY cool might happen (like getting a SGL) or something REALLY crappy might happen like a volcano destroying a city that had just one vital recourse that you needed to beat your neighbor with, or the city was just on a strategic spot. And there it is. This is the point. There are just so many things (minor and major) that you totally forget about when you play the game, but when you actually see them (it is virtually impossible not to notice them at some point since there are so many), you realize how great of a game it actually is, especially when something happens that you have forgotten about! Then it is the best! It makes you feel like you are playing a totally different kind of game. These feelings will not stop from the early Ancient times to the late modern times. :) This was what Conquests is supposed to be like - exciting in all areas. But this is only the SP part. It makes your head spin when you unlock some of the secrets to the Conquests. ;) And sometimes, it might not be the overall big picture that makes the game great for you (as it is for me), it might be just one feature that you really fall in love with...like the Cataphract for instance! :D
This is just what I think of it. ;)

You will have a blast exploring and getting amazed!!! :D

Get it, play some, and write down what you think you love about it! ;)

**What's not to love?** :hmm:

well, i like the new units, and wonders :)

to be honest, the only things I wouldnt like about this x-pack are three things-

A)monotheism being an "advance" over polytheism- the idea is a bit offending to me, but its no big deal I suppose

B)that leads to the other miff I have with the series, that being the datewing system, with "BC", and "AD"-correct me if I'm wrong, but if we're re-making history there is no garauntee that such a dateing system would have developec

C)the Byzantine UU, and the Byzantine leader head

D)some of the new civ choices

but other then that, its all good :cool:

:lol: It was only 6:30am on the east coast of the US when you made that thread! Give stores a chance to get the game first. ;) More than likely, it will be around noon today before people start getting the game.

Core Game:
Javelineer and Armies. Those are my 2 favorite changes. The Jav because it's just a classic unit with charm, and armies because they've been much improved.

Scenarios:
Mespotamia - I've grown to love that scenario, especially as Babylon, since they can grow quickly throughout the Fertile Crescent.

MP:
There've been many exploits taken out, and the overall performence has been tweaked.

Actually, Xen, polytheism is a degredation from the one true monotheistic religion, which existed from the beginning of time. It was only afterwards when men came along and started making things up that we got polytheism. The sun ain't no chairiot of fire riding across the sky. And the dating system is fine. God is gonna come incarnate at some point anyway, and it's always gonna change the course of history of the world, just as it really did.

Originally posted by Chieftess

Core Game:
Javelineer and Armies. Those are my 2 favorite changes. The Jav because it's just a classic unit with charm, and armies because they've been much improved.

What did they change about armies? Are....they....upgradable?
[/]starts biting nails [/]

Originally posted by Xen

B)that leads to the other miff I have with the series, that being the datewing system, with "BC", and "AD"-correct me if I'm wrong, but if we're re-making history there is no garauntee that such a dateing system would have developec

What if you could choose your religion or maybe each Civ was assigned a religion. Then the calendar could vary depending on religion. Maybe even religious Civ advances would determine how the calendar is marked.

If you were Christian the calendar would still start at 4000 BC (BCE- Before Current Era) and end at 2050 AD (CE- Current Era).

If you were some other religion your Civ would still start 6000 years ago but the calender would start at 10 CE and finish at 6050 CE, keeping the same number of turns in the game.

I still prefer the current calendar system because it is familiar and is constant between games, allowing you to measure your progress relative to other games you have previously played.

Originally posted by andvruss

What did they change about armies? Are....they....upgradable?
[/]starts biting nails [/]
Armies –Increased combat effectiveness (1/6th extra atk, and def I think), greater healing capabilities, pillage w/o move cost, +1 movement, ZOC, Blitz, Radar

Originally posted by Silverblade
Armies –Increased combat effectiveness (1/6th extra atk, and def I think), greater healing capabilities, pillage w/o move cost, +1 movement, ZOC, Blitz, Radar

But wait; theres more!

If you call in the next 5 minutes you'll get. . .

Originally posted by Tacit_Exit

But wait; theres more!

If you call in the next 5 minutes you'll get. . .
Hehe, btw, it was actually I that posted with Silvers computer there. Not that it matters, just want to make it public, so that Silver doesn't freak out when he sees the post or something :D

I think they included the BC/AD calander...

a) because thats what we use for historical time and any other variation would confuse everyone.

b) it alows you to compare the progress of your civ and your "world" with the real one, which is great in my opinion.

-Pat

Originally posted by Xen

Hi Xen,
Yah, I thought about using B.C.E. and C.E. on the packaging when referring to the dates of the Conquests. But BC and AD are used within the game so I kept them for consistency. As much as I'm a fan of B.C.E. and C.E., I believe the vast majority of our target audience understand and recognize BC and AD, and I think Firaxis made the right choice in keeping them.

Happy Launch Day!
Jeff Foley
Atari

I understand your point Jeff, but wouldn't it be cool if diffeant civs had a 'flavour' time system. Like Euro civs would have BC+AD and Asia would be based on the New Year or Buddism.

But back on topic, I still have to wait ages for the game being in Europe but I am looking forward to the Mayan civ. Its traits and UU look like they shall be formidable.

WAIT, so Armies have *better* pillaging capabilities? Does the AI still not attack them in the early game, or has that been fixed? If not, the pike army will be unstoppable!

Originally posted by ChrTh
WAIT, so Armies have *better* pillaging capabilities? Does the AI still not attack them in the early game, or has that been fixed? If not, the pike army will be unstoppable!

Yes, armies are much better now, I actually love them!!!!! :D Actually, there are a few other rather large changes that you don't know about yet (I think) and I am not sure if they have been posted or if they will be... :hmm:

Originally posted by Chieftess
:lol: It was only 6:30am on the east coast of the US when you made that thread! Give stores a chance to get the game first. ;) More than likely, it will be around noon today before people start getting the game.

Core Game:

Scenarios:
Mespotamia - I've grown to love that scenario, especially as Babylon, since they can grow quickly throughout the Fertile Crescent.

MP:
There've been many exploits taken out, and the overall performence has been tweaked.

Hehe, actually my favorite unit IS the Javelin Thrower because of the free workers you might be able to get. I cannot wait to hear what other people will say about it too, CT. :)

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman
Actually, Xen, polytheism is a degredation from the one true monotheistic religion, which existed from the beginning of time. It was only afterwards when men came along and started making things up that we got polytheism. The sun ain't no chairiot of fire riding across the sky. And the dating system is fine. God is gonna come incarnate at some point anyway, and it's always gonna change the course of history of the world, just as it really did.

have any proof?

in any case, as a practioner of the Roman polytheistic religion I can say even you even have a thought that the stories are taken litterally, you need to go back, and start from squar one in your understanding of religion

@Xen: Which version? Etruscan, Pre-Republic/Early Republic, Hellenic, or Imperial/Cult?

EDIT: One thing, though. Regardless of what one thinks, the fact remains that historically monotheism post-dated polytheism, and that is really what 'advance' means in the Civ context. There are many who think that other 'advances' (Fission, or even Democracy or Fascism, for example) are really steps backwards.

Top Bottom