What the heck does YUMBO mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
I keep coming across poster names, titles and signatures mentioning this as well as posts stipulating that you know what YUMBO is if you're a real CFC fanatic. Well, I may not spam as much as others, but I lurk a lot here, and I don't know.

I'm don't want to make accusations, but I do think the YUMBO references smack a little of elitism, specifically prohibited by the Site rules.

Those are my thoughts on the situation. What are yours?

Don't bother trying Yumbo is a in joke from the beta test and all the beta testers (including the mods) have said that they aren't telling.

The Conquests beta test?! Damn, either I missed it then or it was after I dropped out of the testing...
EDIT: :wallbash::cry: :mad: :( :rolleyes:

Pay no attention to it.

However, you should watch out for GINGO, I hear some posters have not lived to tell the tale :ack:

The Conquests beta test?! Damn, either I missed it then or it was after I dropped out of the testing...

for some reason i thought it was a huge joke before conquest maybey around PTW but thats just me maybey i remember it wrong

Originally posted by Aphex_Twin

However, you should watch out for GINGO, I hear some posters have not lived to tell the tale :ack:

That pales in comparison to RINGO. I hear that will destroy your ears. ;)

MC: After you are enlisted, see about getting a TS clearance. Then try to get cleared for SCI. Then see if you can figure out the compartment for YUMBO. Then (and all this could take anywhere from two to 16 years) you *might* be authorized that information. ;)

Originally posted by Padma
MC: After you are enlisted, see about getting a TS clearance. Then try to get cleared for SCI. Then see if you can figure out the compartment for YUMBO. Then (and all this could take anywhere from two to 16 years) you *might* be authorized that information. ;)

OK!!!!!:goodjob: ;) :p :crazyeye: :lol:

So no one's even really sure which beta test it was? :rolleyes: What a way to end the year, I should really just go back to lurking...

I think this whole yumbo crap is both moronic and elitist, since I suppose the "regular posters" aren't imporant enough to know what this means....

Originally posted by ainwood
But we are sick of threads on it.
Please clarify. Are you sick of threads/posts regarding YUMBO or threads/posts asking what YUMBO is? The reason I ask is because I don't recall seeing any threads like this (maybe I didn't look hard enough), but I opened this one to complain about what I consider quasioffensive. I didn't do it to be an irritant myself...

Originally posted by Immortal
I think this whole yumbo crap is both moronic and elitist, since I suppose the "regular posters" aren't imporant enough to know what this means....

Actually, those of us that were beta testers don't even know what it means. Not even Firaxis knows. (I asked Jesse). It's an inside joke between the Breakaway Games programmers apparently.

Originally posted by superslug

Please clarify. Are you sick of threads/posts regarding YUMBO or threads/posts asking what YUMBO is? The reason I ask is because I don't recall seeing any threads like this (maybe I didn't look hard enough), but I opened this one to complain about what I consider quasioffensive. I didn't do it to be an irritant myself...
Take a look at the closed threads in the conquests forum. They were becoming spam playgrounds. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Chieftess

Actually, those of us that were beta testers don't even know what it means. Not even Firaxis knows. (I asked Jesse). It's an inside joke between the Breakaway Games programmers apparently.
So, does anybody here really know what YUMBO means?

Originally posted by Ainwood
Take a look at the closed threads in the conquests forum.
I'm afraid I didn't look there, since the only place a thread like this deserves to be is Site Feedback, if any place at all.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Thank you. Now I can sleep at night.

Maybe this will shed a bit more light on the yumbo mystery.

Closed by request of an Illuminatus psoing as superslug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom