Sid the Science Kid

Cam_H

Deity
Sid the Science Kid​

Hey, Sid! What do you say? What'chu wanna learn today?
I want to know why things happen and how and I want to know everything now! Oh, yeah!
How does this thing work? Why does that stuff change? How does that do what it just did?
What's up with the sky? You think I can fly? The world is spinning and I want to know why!
I've got a lot of questions and big ideas! I'm Sid the science kid!​

Leader:

Sid the Science Kid of the Science Kids (Minor Nation):

No traits, no starting technologies, no unique unit, no unique building.

Victory:

All victory conditions are enabled.​

Variant:

Tweaked Map

The following strategic resources have been removed from the starting map:

Copper - may be discovered by chance in a worked Mine.
Iron - may be discovered by chance in a worked Mine.
Horse - all Horse tiles have replaced by Pigs, Cows, or Sheep resources.
Ivory - all Ivory tiles have been replaced by Deer or Fur resources.​

Game Set-Up:

Rivals:
  • Random leader from America
  • Random leader from England
  • Random leader from France
  • Random leader from Germany
  • Random leader from the Ottoman Empire
  • Zara Yaqob of Ethiopia
Roster:

lymond
vranasm
Killroyan
nocho
Sengir
Cam​

The first turnset of the game will be of 20 turns duration. The next turnset of the game of 15 turns. 10-15 turns per turnset after the opening two. Players are expected to complete their turnsets within three days of completion of the preceding player's. Swaps and skips are allowed. Players may be removed from the roster. Players may not 'play ahead' until the game is completed.​

Start:

Attachments

• Sid the Science Kid BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    20.7 KB · Views: 171
Looks fun! Depending on whether and how much the dice is loaded - when you think about all these random discoveries of metals...

So sad I can't play the BtS!:cry: I'll be definitely lurking, though! :scan:

BTW, why not a SV as a requirement? Seems naturally bonded with the SK...:p

would you mind if I join, but drop out eventually later (if such thing will happen to me?)

the wording about the disappearing of resources is a bit unclear. Does it mean the AI's won't have strategics too or not?

another thing, will we be at war with everyone or not? I vaguely remember someone mentioning Minor nations being at war with everyone.

FiveRings,

No problem - I'll get something up soon.

vranasm,

Happy for you to join - thanks for your interest! :)

All of those key strategic resources are completely off the map. As noted, Copper or Iron might pop in a Mine somewhere. I made the changes directly through find-and-replace text-editing the WorldBuilder file.

We start the game as a 'normal' tribe in terms of war and peace (at least we did when I trial tested a game for a few turns on a completely different map with the same conditions).

I"m in...

Reminds of a GOTM some time ago in which strategic resources were removed. Opens up some interesting strategies. Obviously, unless we're lucky with a metal pop, early game warfare is pretty much out. However, LBs/cat warfare is probably the first reasonable stab we could take. However, Gunpowder would likely be the play. Sitting Bull would be an interesting leader for this variant. It will certainly be an extreme challenge as Sid.....

we could go with cats+archers L, it's pretty obvious strategy and is even easier thanks to "no horse" since HA's are the killers for this strategy

should be pretty viable. The only thing making this invalid is isolation and no clear AI target close enough.

We have to rethink ren breakout a bit... since cannons and I think trebs too need iron... thus we go cats or rifles break out (and I tell you rifles x LB's is not hot due to rifles being only 14 str and 1 move only)

lymond,

I think that we may as well get this one underway. Ideally we'll get a few 'sign ups' as we go.

(Just f.y.i - my home internet connection is erratic - awaiting replacement modem - hopefully this won't interfere too much with this game.)

I'm fine waiting a bit longer for more sign-ups. I've been tied up with other things recently and it seems the usual suspects have been absent the past few days. Let's give it a bit more time.

yeah we're a bit too light on people, but don't let this die.

What about some thoughts how to start?

I really think that the warrior should be moved 1 NW, since it is "clear" that the east-south east of settler is coast very uninspiring.

What I am thinking about is moving with settler for the pigs

the no techs situation makes this a bit problematic since agri->ah is long way.

we will rely on unimproved tiles a bit longer (hammer tiles are forested), maybe would be worth to check how long it will take agri->ah->min->bw and think about agri->ah->tw->pottery, mining without bw is not much use for us and the forested PH with 3H isn't that bad, or GH which is another 3 yield tile when producing worker/settler.

lurk mode = on

Not joining, never beat immortal, so no way I attempt immortal variant

Lurker: Holy, this is one tough challenge. Since I am only on emperor right now, it is not wise for me to join but I will be lurking. Good luck guys.

LK and Kill...it's playing games like this one with us that help you move up to IMM. We certainly don't mind having you join in.

Darn, looks too interesting to let pass. Though I tried! :p Usual suspect reporting in. :D

May look like stuff for a no-fishing sling towards engineering. Conquer with trebs+LBs, though might try with cats+archers. Anyway, later trebs with LBs or muskets could work nicely.

I wonder whether AIs will be complete chicken by default if they don't have any access to melee/horse units.

I'd applaud LK & Kill signing up too. :)

Okay, I'll bite as well.

I'm not sure whether the AI assigns an attack_ai to archers. If it doesn't, it might be a while before we'll see the first war declaration.

OK .. thanks Lee and Killroyan for volunteering, and of course, delighted to see The Usual Suspects. Sorely tempted to add Norvin. ;)

Well, thanks for lurking then. ;)

No sure myself how it'll pan out in terms of AI warfare. I envisaged Treb's and Muskets, but Cat's and Archers initially may well just do it! I guess we'll see how deeply hemmed in we are.

I'm leery of Archer/cats, but we may be able to use it at least on one AI. Archer/cats are fine in a game like this, but with our exceptional starting techs and traits, we may be facing LBs not long after we start warring with them. I think LBs and trebs can go a long way here though, so a fishing bypass to a Engineering bulb may be the way to go.

LK...you really should play

@LK you should play... there is no harm with playing with us... you're between L and me and L is surely some great player and me...well I will surely make more mistakes then you ;-)

if you're too afraid we just make the PPP more proper so you don't make too many mistakes. We're famous now for relaxed SG's, but we can always switch back to more serious model.

the same holds for Killroyan (nocho will cover for you ;-) another great player).

when we're at it Cam, what happened to the theory that if I start the game we win? :-D You wanted to make it tougher I see your evil plans!!

Top Bottom