Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
NOTE: If the answer to your question isn't in the first seven posts, feel free to skip reading the rest and just ask!

Rules last updated Jan 5th, 2006

This thread replaces the old HoF rules, as well as the Rules Discussion. Do note that the list is fairly more comprehensive than the last one, and does differ on some points from GOTM rules, so please familiarize yourself with it.

Questions may be asked in this thread.

Game Settings
Allowed Exploits
Borderline Exploits
Disallowed Exploits and Cheats
Acceptable Utilities
F.A.Q.
Quartermaster's Challenge

As requested and promised last week, a more comprehensive rule set.

This thread is now open for business!

I have a question about the Infinite Map Trading technique. I often ask the AI what it wants for its map so I can get updated barb camp locations. This invariable is a WM for WM or TM. I am not getting any Gold, but (as noted) I am getting the new barb camp locations.

Is this considered part of the exploit or is it just the exploit if I ask the AI what they will pay for my Map and they offer Map + Gold?

Thanks

Superslug:

One more thing if you could please list the HOF combinations that are available. IE: What games are tracked on earliest win and what are tracked on highest score?

Good work Superslug!!
I dont understand why only a Palace prebuild is reason to go riot?
Why not another wonder prebuild, say in a capital city in a 20 K game or something...?

MOTH said:
I have a question about the Infinite Map Trading technique. I often ask the AI what it wants for its map so I can get updated barb camp locations. This invariable is a WM for WM or TM. I am not getting any Gold, but (as noted) I am getting the new barb camp locations.

Is this considered part of the exploit or is it just the exploit if I ask the AI what they will pay for my Map and they offer Map + Gold?

Thanks
An example of the exploit (and it doesn't always work) is this: You trade a map to an AI for x gold. You then trade the same map to the same AI for gold again and again in the same turn, possibly repeating until you clean out their treasury.

Trading WM and TM to all AI's every turn is perfectly acceptable. It's even legal to trade again every time you discover new tiles, but trading them exactly what you've already traded them in that turn is not.

If you're just doing normal trading every turn, you're in no risk of the exploit.

denyd said:
Superslug:

One more thing if you could please list the HOF combinations that are available. IE: What games are tracked on earliest win and what are tracked on highest score?
The in-game victory conditions (Spaceship, Domination, Conquest, Diplomatic and both Cultures) are listed by fastest finish dates.

Histographic wins are sorted by score since by nature they only occur at 2050.

Score games can be anything (including losses) so long as the score is high enough to make the table.

LulThyme said:
Good work Superslug!!
I dont understand why only a Palace prebuild is reason to go riot?
Why not another wonder prebuild, say in a capital city in a 20 K game or something...?
I'll redo the wording to stipulate prebuilds in general. No sense discriminating against 20k games on a technical matter!

How about...

Double negative GPT: Trade 5% of your gpt income to a despot AI (they can't spend the money). Repeat 20+ times. You can spend the lump sums you trade for before your turn ends.

DaveMcW said:
How about...

Double negative GPT: Trade 5% of your gpt income to a despot AI (they can't spend the money). Repeat 20+ times. You can spend the lump sums you trade for before your turn ends.
Allowing traditional negative GPT was easily the most complex and difficult ruling I've made yet, so I'm going to draw the line here and say no to double-negative GPT.

This is a dumb, dumb question. However, here it goes anyway. This Hall of Fame thing is basically this: A member of Civfanatics Forum plays a game with the above rules and then submits it. Point blank, that's it? This has nothing to do with the GOTM standings or anything right? I know the answer, but someone just humor me.

Thanks so much! I am none too smart.

Vegasgustan said:
A member of Civfanatics Forum plays a game with the above rules and then submits it. Point blank, that's it?
Exactly that. Nice summary, especially for someone who's "none too smart" ;).

Dianthus said:
Exactly that. Nice summary, especially for someone who's "none too smart" ;).

Thanks! Yep, I know some more better English too! :crazyeye: I will have to submit and old game soon. Mac players are welcome, right?

:eek: 100th POST!!!! :eek:

:band: :clap: :hatsoff:

Top Bottom