Announcing BUFFY

BUFFY will be merged back into BULL and BUG in due time, but BULL has been available for some time.

Whenever i run this mod in multi direct ip i get out of sync all the time and it wont help to clean out cashe by holding shift or doing it manualy

Clean install civ + bts + 3.19 + buffy.
both me and my brother have this.

my sys
vista 64ultimate 64bit 8gig ram core 2 3.0 ghz ATI 4870 512mb

runs fine in multi direct ip without buffy mod thou so we must play without it

OK, finished BOTM 20, patched BtS to 3.19 and installed BUFFY. It seems to be working, will give it a test by attempting G-Minor 77.

BTW, I did have BUG in the Custom Assets folder, but it was version 3.6, so I uninstalled it and will work on installing BUG 4.0 and BAT 2.0 soon.

I've tried to play a few games with Buffy but keep running into the same bug -- everytime I attack a city with more than 1 unit the game crashes to the desktop.

I don't know what info is useful for tracking down things like this, but here's a screenshot of the error message and a copy of the file it offers to send. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• buffy_crash.jpg
    buffy_crash.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 87db_appcompat.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 308
it sounds like that stack-attack error. I bet something is throwing an illegal assert in the dll.

Everytime I attack a city with more than 1 unit the game crashes to the desktop.

Do you have Stack Attack turned on in the normal options screen? This should obviously be allowed in BUFFY, but maybe it will help diagnose the problem.

Do you have Stack Attack turned on in the normal options screen? This should obviously be allowed in BUFFY, but maybe it will help diagnose the problem.

Yes, Stack Attack and the Quick Offence/Defence options.

I am trying to play my first HoF game but am running into a problem. When I start the game, it says that the game is not HoF eligible because the "Score" victory condition must be checked. But I have all the victory conditions checked when starting the game, I do not see a Score option. :confused:

I'm working on the G-Minor 77 gauntlet which requires a Religious Victory. Soon after I built the AP I went to check on the status of all the members and it looks like at least that panel of the Victory Conditions screen is broken. Anyone else see this? Any suggestions?

members0000.JPG

Can you please post a save and also post PythonErr.log. See Troubleshooting for instructions on getting this log file.

Can you please post a save and also post PythonErr.log. See Troubleshooting for instructions on getting this log file.

Here you go... Hope you can figure it out. (I had to rename the log files - for some reason civfanatics won't let me upload anything with a .log extension).

OS Version: Windows XP (2002 Media Center Ed. SP 3)
BTS version: 3.19
BUUFFY version: 3.19.001
Installation source: EXE
Installation method: multiplayer (Mods folder)

View attachment buffyBugReport.CivBeyondSwordSave

View attachment PythonDbg_log.txt

View attachment PythonErr_log.txt

I am trying to play my first HoF game but am running into a problem. When I start the game, it says that the game is not HoF eligible because the "Score" victory condition must be checked. But I have all the victory conditions checked when starting the game, I do not see a Score option. :confused:
You have to have them all checked. You might get that message if you don't check 'time'.

Here you go... Hope you can figure it out. (I had to rename the log files - for some reason civfanatics won't let me upload anything with a .log extension).
I couldn't load up your game - I might have a slightly different version of BUFFY on my machine. Anyway, I created a mock up game and I could recreate the error. The top of BUFFY's VictoryScreen.py file looks like this ...

Code:
## Sid Meier's Civilization 4
## Copyright Firaxis Games 2005
from CvPythonExtensions import *
import CvUtil
import ScreenInput
import PyHelpers
import time
import ColorUtil
import GameUtil
import TechUtil
import os

BUG (3.6) looks like this ...

Code:
import CvUtil
import ScreenInput
import PyHelpers
import time
import ColorUtil
import AttitudeUtil
import TechUtil

The latest BUG from the SVN looks like this ...

Code:
import CvUtil
import ScreenInput
import PyHelpers
import time

# BUG - start
import AttitudeUtil
import BugCore
import BugUtil
import ColorUtil
import GameUtil
import TechUtil
AdvisorOpt = BugCore.game.Advisors
# BUG - end
'AttitudeUtil' is used in the AP screen. It is missing in BUFFY and its causing this error.

I couldn't load up your game - I might have a slightly different version of BUFFY on my machine.

That's probably just as well since I'm embarrassed to be doing so poorly on Warlord :)

'AttitudeUtil' is used in the AP screen. It is missing in BUFFY and its causing this error.

So is there a patch in the works for BUFFY?

I have a problem in that when I try to use MapFinder I get a message at the top of the screen:

"BUFFY 3.19 MapFinder folder was invalid."
Any advice? I will check my British computer.

You have to have them all checked. You might get that message if you don't check 'time'.

Like I said, I have all the victory conditions checked, including time. I triple checked because that's what I thought the issue was too.

I have a problem in that when I try to use MapFinder I get a message at the top of the screen:

"BUFFY 3.19 MapFinder folder was invalid."
Any advice? I will check my British computer.

Check where MapFinder is installed and where BUFFY thinks it is installed on the Map Tab of the Options, probably two different locations.

Top Bottom