legendary start setting

frozenmoses

Chieftain
is it to cheap to play legendary start on immortal or diety. i win games with stragic balance on immortal diffuclty, i wonder how other fellow civ players feel about it.

Seing as how most people reroll for legendary start anyway, its the same thing, but the hogher the difficulty the more legendary start helps you, as the A.I's bonuses already cover whatever the start would have given them.

therefore it is cheap to use legendary start setting because you are making the initial bonus the ai gets smaller. i would like to know if one can beat diety on normal setting for resources because again i play on strategic balance

therefore it is cheap to use legendary start setting because you are making the initial bonus the ai gets smaller. i would like to know if one can beat diety on normal setting for resources because again i play on strategic balance

I think its even more or less. AI also gets 'legendary start'. It is a map type i believe, applicable to all payers on that map. And with this massive advantage AI gets a a stronger than usual start. Which snowballs too. Yes, one can beat Deity even after a tundra start. Check out Maddjinn's Carthage game in a lets play forum section if you wanna see how ;)

I think its even more or less. AI also gets 'legendary start'. It is a map type i believe, applicable to all payers on that map. And with this massive advantage AI gets a a stronger than usual start. Which snowballs too. Yes, one can beat Deity even after a tundra start. Check out Maddjinn's Carthage game in a lets play forum section if you wanna see how ;)

no, thats what your not getting. Even though the A.I also gets the legendary start its doesnt matter because on deity there bonuses always give them a technical legendary start, so on deity and immortal, the legendary start option is only benefiting the player.

And yes, we know that deity can be beaten on a bad start, but its has nothing to do with player skill and everything to do with the A.I being absolutely ******ed. If the A.I got the bonuses it got and played like a human you would litterally never be able to beat it ever. But its dumb.

no, thats what your not getting. Even though the A.I also gets the legendary start its doesnt matter because on deity there bonuses always give them a technical legendary start, so on deity and immortal, the legendary start option is only benefiting the player.

And yes, we know that deity can be beaten on a bad start, but its has nothing to do with player skill and everything to do with the A.I being absolutely ******ed. If the A.I got the bonuses it got and played like a human you would litterally never be able to beat it ever. But its dumb.

So, you're saying AI can't possibly get any extra whatsoever advantages from a richer map? They get more resources to work, hence more money, food and hammers. And that is on top of what they usually get on Deity.

Nothing to do with skill? So Maddjinn doesn't deserve to be called a skilled and knowledgeable player, who took time to learn so much about game's algorithms ? :lol: I would like to see you fighting off 6 pikes and 6 archers on turn 60 consistently and telling us how izzy it is on YouTube.

Peace.

i dont think it is cheaper than choosing all the civs that you know are specifically weaker for your intentions, like playing an island map with england or dido and picking none of the water/naval beneficial civs.

the only problem ive had is that most of my legendary starts are quite meh. for me a legendary start for spain is 1-2 natural wonders to first discover, not 5 wines and 3 pearls and a river. or the great barrier reef whether i discover it first or not.

last game of immortal i played with a buddy on legendary start had 4 silver 1 gold 3 stone 1 marble 3cows plus good mountains and river tiles all over, so i think its very easy to win this game. therefore this challnge of immortal under legendary start is like playing on emperor except for the massive armies the AI hold

So, you're saying AI can't possibly get any extra whatsoever advantages from a richer map? They get more resources to work, hence more money, food and hammers. And that is on top of what they usually get on Deity.

Nothing to do with skill? So Maddjinn doesn't deserve to be called a skilled and knowledgeable player, who took time to learn so much about game's algorithms ? :lol: I would like to see you fighting off 6 pikes and 6 archers on turn 60 consistently and telling us how izzy it is on YouTube.

Peace.

Can you link that vid if you remember the number? Those series last a bit long, but that bit could be interesting to see :D

last game of immortal i played with a buddy on legendary start had 4 silver 1 gold 3 stone 1 marble 3cows plus good mountains and river tiles all over, so i think its very easy to win this game. therefore this challnge of immortal under legendary start is like playing on emperor except for the massive armies the AI hold

Last game of Immortal was a Tundra start. It was decent enough for food production, but everything else was basically Tundra.

I spammed wonders like the Pyramids, the Great Wall, the Mausoleum (had a trio of stone), the Notre Dame etc. I'm pretty sure a number of those AIs in-game were wonderspammers - one of them, Austria, even had marble on their capital.

One of these days I'm going to see if I can tech up to Frigates/Artillery to take out my neighbors and some other nuisances (Byzantium/Austria/my direct neighbor Siam). It's only T90s last I checked, and I'm 3rd in Literacy.

e: yup, T92. Then again, this is Quick Speed.

AFAIK legendary start only affects your starting location.
I usually roll abundant resources, gives me some deluxe city spots close to my capital, and more often than not they are better than my capital.
5 river wheat plains, 6 lakes tiles, 4 stone hillls and marble as Aztecs for my second city? YES PLEASE

Top Bottom