[REQ]Riot Police (04/24/06)

R

Rabbit, White

This unit is based on a reskinned and modified navy seal and uses knights templar animations. It wasn't easy to make it play nice with these animations but I finally managed to get almost a perfect fit. :)

The baton and the shield of course can be reused if you wish. One thing though, the baton uses the shield texture and is mapped roughly in the middle of the backside of the shield, just FYI if you decide to reuse and reskin those.

Enjoy

It seems that some people are missing the KFM file for the Templar Knight's animations, so I attached it to this post.

Attachments

• riotpolice.zip
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,231
  • knightstemplar_fx.zip
    548 bytes · Views: 414
A police brute squad! This is insanely good. :twitch:

Now we need banner waving peace protesters for these riot police to get stuck in to. Any plans to mod it as a special unit that decreases war weariness?

Its like its my birthday! Congrats on two more great units Rabbit

snafusmith said:
This are insane!!!! By far your best work yet!
Really? Not the warhammer units :confused:? I guess to each its own :D

Thanks everyone.

@woodelf: Nothing particular 'sfar as I know, there were couple of requests in my thread plus few more I've seen floating around so I decided to give it a go.

@Los Tirano: The war weariness thing is up to others, I just do the models. :)

I've been going back and forth with a guy who has an idea for a mod involving the Civil Rights Movement... a really cool "unit" would be a protestor whose "attack" is basically heaving a sign up and down or shouting on a bullhorn... Anyway this unit is awesome; in SMAC there were units that had a "police" effect so these could help us out (esp. if we can make him a wee bit more futuristic).

It's too bad the XML value is bMilitaryHappiness and not iMilitaryHappiness.

sorry ive never installed a composite of 3 units before, could you look at my artdefines and maybe instead, give me yours please

Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_POLICE</Type>
			<fScale>0.44</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Units/police/riotpolice.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/police/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/police/riotpolice_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIQUE_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

im getting some screwy animations like running in place, arms dislocated strait up over shoulder, units swinging beat-down-stick at a distance in battle, HELP :cry:

Im not at home, but that looks quite good.
just make sure its indeed knightstemplar.kfm . I thought its knights_templar.kfm . And make sure you have copied all .kf and the .kfm files form the knight_templar folder into your police folder.

Edit: and you want to set
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged> to <bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>

i got it working a little better with the integer change. the file names are correct though (if thats the one that needs to be there!) im am going to look for mor .kf files

Top Bottom