Best Civilization/Leader in CIVILIZATION V (October 2010)

Best Civ

• America

Votes: 37 4.2%
  • Arabia

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Aztec

Votes: 26 3.0%
  • China

Votes: 138 15.7%
  • Egypt

Votes: 42 4.8%
  • England

Votes: 47 5.4%
  • France

Votes: 81 9.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 41 4.7%
  • Greece

Votes: 76 8.7%
  • India

Votes: 21 2.4%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 22 2.5%
  • Japan

Votes: 36 4.1%
  • Ottoman

Votes: 22 2.5%
  • Persia

Votes: 57 6.5%
  • Rome

Votes: 55 6.3%
  • Russia

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Siam

Votes: 30 3.4%
  • Songhai

Votes: 28 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear Dude

Warlord
Hey all. I was just wondering what your favorite Civ/Leader was in Civ5 and why?
I will only be listing default Civs. Not DLC or Babylon.

This topic is only for fun a curiosity. Please can we have no holy wars on who is the best :D

Ok, I might aswell start off.

My favorite Civ is:

Russia

Russia is my favorite because Cathy's special can let build a large military, and I can build it quicker :devil: It also means I have stuff to trade if I want. Also the Cossack can be an amazing unit for city defense, and it's great for supporting main forces. Plus the Krepost just makes borders go boom.

Overall I love them because of their ability to expand, and if anyone does not like that, Russia can make a good military force quickly and defend (like from one game I had where England came with 3-4 Archers and 2-3 Warriors, and I managed to defend and not lose a singe city - or even unit if I recall correctly).

So thats my fave Civ and why. Now your turn. Have fun. :)

I started off with Hiawatha since it's usual of me to play as whatever Native American aspect is provided first since I have some ancestry in that particular gene pool. Didn't really care for him all that much.

I'm now playing Monty and really liking him so far! I like the culture for killing. Fits my style of play to a "T". I like nicely appointed empires and yet still have the capabilities for warmongering. I only wish his UU wasn't straight out of the gate as it'll get obsoleted really quickly but the bum rush seems to be a totally valid strategy in this version so maybe that's not a terribly bad thing after all.

I'll have to go with China. The stronger Great Generals make a big difference, the extra money from the Paper Makers is great, and I'm an archery person.

Greece, because Alexander's special city-state friendship trait means I never have to see some stupid message about my scouts trespassing in city state territory when they're set on automated exploration. :mad:

The title suggest this poll is about the "Best" civilization while we are discussing our favorite civ?

The best civ IMHO is Egypt. They can spam wonders, mass produce the weak war chariot and have one of the best UB's in the game that gives +2 happiness per city. China is also arguably the best as well but had to go with the wonder spammer.

My favorite civ to play is Arabia (I really like Russia as well) because they have economic bonuses with roads and their UB and their UU is not too shabby either. Plus the ai can't play them properly at all so I like to show them how it's done.

Well, the best, your favorite. Same difference :D
I would just like to hear what you think about other civs and what makes them really good?

I haven't played them all yet, but the most OP so far was Elizabeth on an Huge Archipelago map.

lol.... The poll results are scary..

France is by far the best civilization in Civ V. The fact that it is not ranked #1 says something very important about this message board :p

:king:

lol.... The poll results are scary..

France is by far the best civilization in Civ V. The fact that it is not ranked #1 says something very important about this message board :p
Yes. It says that you're wrong. :p China and Greece are both better. Maybe others too.

The Chinese have an absolutely awesome UB and a completely dominating UA. The Greeks have the greatest UU and a pretty dang good UA as well.

What do the French have? Culture? The Greeks can get it from from CSes and, has been shown pretty definitely on this board, you don't really need it anyway.

I think people who hype up France are thinking how good it is for ICS. I on the other hand think that strategy is utterly boring and is just one more exploit developers missed when they tested the game. If you play CiV somewhat "normally" France is just a civ with somewhat good UA and 2 mediocre UUs.

I think people who hype up France are thinking how good it is for ICS. I on the other hand think that strategy is utterly boring and is just one more exploit developers missed when they tested the game. If you play CiV somewhat "normally" France is just a civ with somewhat good UA and 2 mediocre UUs.

Oh, even for ICS I wouldn't go with france. there are numberous other civ that's better at ICS than france, including China. Not to mention france probably is the only civ with a UA which EXPIRE! I AM however curious how come Siam is not high up among the polls. Their UA is simply amazing regardless of what type of victory they are going.

For me it's England. The three range longbow is like mid game artillery. Add to promotions to give it an extra attack and you have a splatter monster.

Greek all the way for me. Wow, I'd thought "god tier" Alex would've won by a landslide. :eek: It's like the praetorian all over again, only now it extends to the other "lesser" benefits and traits too.

Personally, I like france for the extra culture. Getting both meritocracy and republic early, not to mention not having to build monuments so you can build workers instead, is pretty awesome.

China for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom