Immortal slavers!

On a side note, we should recall our jags running around exploring. There is at least one with Woodsman II and the possibility for another promo; we want him to get Woodsman III and later in the game a GG to make him a supermedic.

I think it's settled that we're getting a shrine. To be honest, the theology bulb was just a weird left-field idea that came up in my head and I thought 'hey, this might work but I've never seen it happen before' so I decided to bring it up.

Nevermind, I think a shrine might be better. The income will be a nice boost, and it'll spread quickly enough to justify building a shrine as opposed to settling.

We also have a lot of forests in the former Spanish area, I think this is a nice time to chop (or prechop for catapults) them down.

We're not teching fast enought to justify the delay teching HBR provides. Better strike fast
I didn't say delay this war for elephants.

the theology bulb was just a weird left-field idea that came up in my head and I thought 'hey, this might work but I've never seen it happen before'

I have seen it happen and I think it's very effective. I wouldn't call it weird or left-field.

I'm not trying to hold up the game for consensus, though. Personally I would usually rather the next player just play. :)

Those jags are just done exploring. One already reached his HomeTown, the two other are on the way. No reason to have them wandering around anymore. I agree with the hypermedic, that was my idea as well.

Jet, I understood that you meant to wait for hbr with the war. If we don't, I am sure we won't reach HBR before we declare so there will be no phants :(

Hi guys,

I have been a little busy last days( sorry about the lack of input :blush:) but got it... I will take a look at the save tomorow... and think about all the good ideas you got :)...

Roster duty:

Raskolnikov -> up!
Rusten -> on deck!

Cheers

ok plan for my set (will play later tonight or tommorrow):

finish construction, start HBR. Trading Math to DG against mono sounds like a good idea to me so we can bulb Theology. We then could trade calendar or MC aginst it to Willem once they are not monopoly techs. It also lets us build phants in theo once we got HBR (assuming we trade ivory against horses to Willem)...

We can also settle a fish north east of Madrid, that could make another slave center...

I think we want to attack (Pericles, who is strangely backward now :confused:) in one round or two...

Cheers

I thought we're using the GP for a shrine, not a theo bulb...

It's another option... I was tempted to bulb theo because I don't usually do that but a shrine would be good no doubts about it... I am likely to play tomorrow, so we can still discuss about that...
I agree a shrine would be more sinergitical with the no cottages rule (more gpt) :)

Cheers

1. I wouldn't settle another city. A second war in the BCs will leave our eco crashed anyway. We don't need to help it even further. That city wouldn't have any infra and barely contribute to our army. Our other cities are ready for constant military pump. That should do.

2. I wouldn't bulb theo. This seems to be the consensus anyway :)

3. You only need to start on HBR if you believe we manage to get some phants built before we attack. You said we would be ready in 1-2 sets. I agree. Tough I don't see how we should get phants by that time. Better research an economic tech...

Conditions that make a shrine good:
* Spiritual (temples, OR) - yes
* building it early - pretty much yes
* religion wonders - well, Pericles does have Stone...
* needing :gold: - yes, but there are other ways to get it
* having a monastery already - yes, but the effect is modest
* widespread religion - no
* large map - no
* peace to build missionaries - no
* diplo reason to run the religion - no, unless we spread it aggressively

~~~

I'm looking forward to the next war. The whipping micro will be interesting. I assume we're agreed on Pericles, for the Pyramids. But if we win, I doubt this game will give us a good chance to see the Kremlin in action. I don't think Willem will be far enough ahead of us, and he's very peaceful. So if we do well in our catapult war, I propose we declare victory and restart on Hemispheres.

Conditions that make a shrine good:
* Spiritual (temples, OR) - yes
* building it early - pretty much yes
* religion wonders - well, Pericles does have Stone...
* needing :gold: - yes, but there are other ways to get it
* having a monastery already - yes, but the effect is modest
* widespread religion - no
* large map - no
* peace to build missionaries - no
* diplo reason to run the religion - no, unless we spread it aggressively

~~~

I'm looking forward to the next war. The whipping micro will be interesting. I assume we're agreed on Pericles, for the Pyramids. But if we win, I doubt this game will give us a good chance to see the Kremlin in action. I don't think Willem will be far enough ahead of us, and he's very peaceful. So if we do well in our catapult war, I propose we declare victory and restart on Hemispheres.

I agree with you, if the next war is a succes we might want to restart on a map with several continent so we get to see the Kremlin in action :)...
I couldn't play yesterday... :blush: Is the team OK to let me one more day? I believe Rusten has problems with its internet connection so there is no hurry...

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

ps: I think we'll go for a shrine...

I agree with you, if the next war is a succes we might want to restart on a map with several continent so we get to see the Kremlin in action :)...
I couldn't play yesterday... :blush: Is the team OK to let me one more day? I believe Rusten has problems with its internet connection so there is no hurry...

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

ps: I think we'll go for a shrine...

You'll get another day if you build us that shrine ;)

Don't hurry. Patience ;)

ok, to 100 BC:

t101: I switch to caste for an artist in the new city and to hire additional scientists in Madrid and Barcelone... Also I built the awesome shrine (3gpt) :D
(well all this should have been done in turn 100, but I forgot :blush:)

t102: I trade ivory for horses to Willy, at least that make less phants on the market, even if we won't build any...

t103: more prechopping...

t105: Construction is in, we start CS for more farms... I thought calendar and currency could be traded later, we don't need any more tech anyway to kill Pericles. I start chopping like a crazy...
Christianity is founded in Akkad...

t106: We switch back to slavery (basically to whip cats with overflow on an axe or the opposite, depending of the number of hammers stored in the current build)

t108: Pericles converts to Confu as it spread to Thebes last turn...

t110: Hammu build Chicken Pizza (lame joke, but still a joke...)
t111: It's 100 BC, a nice date , so I stop...

More seriously I stopped because I think next player should declare asap.
All our troops (offensive ones) are in ... wait for it (looking at the spelling)... Teotihuacan!
Army status (greatly improved thanks to the good prechopping started by Mysty):
8 cats (yeah yeah in 6 turns ;), and more next turn!), 3 axes, 5 spears (Pericles apparently like his chariots :confused:), 7 jags...

Have fun! :)

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Compulsive Slaver BC-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    147.1 KB · Views: 117
Roster duty:

Shyuhe -> up for some killing...
Rusten -> can't wait for a new modem, trying to not kill his ISP contacts (swapped until then :))

O goodie, I get to war :) I'll look at the save and see if any discussion is needed before declaring. Otherwise I'll see if we can get the pyramids.

Very well. His foolish religious switch has put him at 2x cautious, 2x annoyed, and that's not going to get any better soon. Neither is the quality of his troops, we could perhaps take a few more turns in preparation but I don't know whether we want that.

We already have an army fit to take Corinth (check the garrison beforehand though) and that's the city we want most. It's got 40% culture but no walls, so a siege will likely be quick. I think with the three extra cats and 2 extra jags we can DoW in 1 AD and if we're lucky take Corinth and revolt to Rep in 25 AD, then head for Athens from there. Thebes is probably best taken out by followup troops rather than the main army, after that they can move on to Sparta.

Tech... does it even matter until we kill Peri? I doubt it ;)

I suggest Police State for now.

What is different with the slider when running representation?

Looking good. 23 offensive units in the BCs sounds good. Tough I'm not sure so many spears are good... Archers will be top defenders anyway and chariots get killed by axes/jags too... but no big deal :goodjob:

Hmm.. Hamm building Chichen Itza makes him a toughter target pre-gunpowder. We'll probabely be focusing on eco mostly until then... Give him more time to build wonders for us, you know :D

Shyuhe, wish you lots of fun crushing Pericles (wish I had the pleasure :p) :thumbsup:

Top Bottom