"Shadow" schedule

Cool, you will make me happy i'm stuck ill at home :goodjob:

<edit> Heh, it was 100th reply in this thread. First time i'm able to do this :lol:

Just a reminder, tomorrow (Friday, November 23rd), will be the release of the first real information on "shadow" and the start of 3 design contests. Be sure to check in. :D

The sun will come out... tomorrow...
No, really. It will. I'm looking forward to seeing what the FfH team has planned for this religion. Should be interesting.

Just a reminder, tomorrow (Friday, November 23rd), will be the release of the first real information on "shadow" and the start of 3 design contests. Be sure to check in. :D
Hehe I can't wait! Thanks for doing it this way and allowing us the extra enjoyment of anxious anticipation. Its more fun than simply being given it all at once or having to wait till release. :goodjob:

Sigh. Its already Friday the 23rd here... Guess I have to wait a little longer... :rolleyes:

The first post has been updated with the first update and some screenshots, enjoy!

Kael just posted contest topics!
We are stop breathing...!

EDIT: Ups! I am too late... ;)

EDIT2: OMG!

Luridus? "Pale" seems like an odd name for the high priest of the Sun god. "ghastly," "gruesome," or "revolting" don't seem like good descriptions either (although the sense of glowing with an unnatural seeming light may be appropriate), so I think the Empyrean's high priests should probably be renamed.

What does the radiant guard's blinding light spell do, and what is an azer? Who is the new Malakim Hero?

Too bad there is no unique tech or civic. Oh well, the Empyrean seems like it will fit my playing style best so I probably play it a lot anyway.

Luridus means pale yellow, the name comes from the robes they wear.

Anyone else saw that new Leadername on the screens, "Sandalphon" or something like that?

Sandalphon is in grey, I guess it might be Sidar

Sandalphon is Sidar. We changed the name from "Morgoth", due to concerns that some people might feel that it was wrong to have the Dark Lord running a true neutral civ.

A sandal in a phone? X)

The icon is bright and big but we will get used to it, you will see.

Luridus means pale yellow, the name comes from the robes they wear.

funny, in italian the meaning changed to "extremely dirty" :D

Shadow looks extremely promising, I look forward to the Council of Esus spotlight. :goodjob:

Sandalphon like many other names in FfH is a judaic-christian mysticism reference. The change is really welcomed. It felt unthematic to remember the Morgoth from the Tolkien's mythology when you read that name each time I met the Sidar.

It's disappointing there won't be new civics to play with, and that other civics are being scrapped(hope it's just Social Order or Slavery, never really liked them anyways). Or will the benefits be added in some other way? Like Temple of the Veil lowers food costs, Temple of Kilmorph adds production to mines?

Yeah, I hadn't noticed it earlier, but I too think the Empyrean icon should be changed (as should the name of their high priest ;) I would have expected something like Illuminatus.)

I suppose Sandalphon is probably a better name than "the Black Enemy" for the leader of the Grey. (I think I vaguely remember seeing him referred to as Sandalphon a long time ago, but I don't remember where)

Top Bottom