Legends of Citana: The First Era

EQandcivfanatic

Zailing Captain
Retired Moderator
Update 7 Deadline is February 14, 2012

Check Here for the list of Updates: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11152590&postcount=5

Legends of Citana: The First Era

Introduction​

I have in the past experimented with fantasy setting NESes, but this has usually gone poorly, both as a player and a moderator. Then, as I spent my holidays away, playing Skyrim and spending time with family, I was struck with a number of ways to adopt my rulesets and ideas for a fantasy NES. As I was sitting at a restaurant, I was bombarded with plot ideas and enthusiasm. Unfortunately, reality hit and I realized that fantasy NESes were apparently passe and too difficult to do. After putting aside the napkins I had scribbled upon, I came home from vacation and looked to see what NESes were out there. I saw Sekai II and NutraNES IV and was astounded and astonished at the great creativity expressed in both, and was awed, and vowed to launch such an NES myself.

I started tinkering with a fantasy ruleset after warman17's aborted World of Warcraft NES, and that's where this truly began. The fantasy world itself is influence primarily by World of Warcraft and the Elder Scrolls series, though it is not connected to either. Instead, I hope that players will create their own Lore and histories, and I have made things as vague as I could dare. Those who are creative in this NES will be greatly rewarded by material conquest and success. Rather than focusing solely on stories, I have attempted here to allow people to call upon their creativity, while not forcing them to write full stories if they do not want to. The stats provided are meant to be solely a guideline, and I have no problem adjusting the individual stat formats of nations to your preference.

Lastly, I make no promises involving this NES or CIEN. Either one might or might not survive the dual running of NESes. Past experience suggests that both won't make it, and I'd say, it'll largely depend on which turns out to be more interesting. At the moment, I'm interested in seeing how both turn out AND I'm unemployed. Thanks to that, we should be able to get at least five updates out of both before one or the other dies. All that aside, I'd like to add, if you don't play, waiting to see if this lives, the people who come first will beat you to the good spots and nations.

The Story​

The world upon which the continent of Citana sits is known as Nessan, and is now only a shadow of its former glory. The world used to be strode across by beings of great power, known only as the mysterious Titans. They created the mortal races for their own amusement, and would create and destroy new races solely upon their own whims. One day as they partook in this play, some great cataclysm destroyed the world as they knew it, and the Titans disappeared and the world was shattered beyond even their repair. The mortal races suffered, as they always had, and much knowledge and life was lost in the time, and they nearly vanished as well. Little by little, the mortal races have banded together and begun building new civilizations and nations to light the path of the First Era of Citana's history.

Now, at the dawn of this First Era, Citana's civilizations emerge, and conquest beckons, as the wealth of a continent tempts all who reside in the region. The first wars are coming, and with the bloodshed, they will change the world once more.

Faction Set-up​

NOTE: I'd recommend that you actually read what the various options are used for before making your selections. As another side note, yes, nomadic tribes are allowed, you just need to pick where you want to start. Just make sure you make that clear in your background so that there's no confusion on my end.

Civilization Name:
Dominant Race: See Notes in spoiler below, especially if you want to create your own race
Government:
Leader Name:
Leader Trait: See List Below
Leader Background: optional, story based
Starting Location: Describe Location or Provide map with location marked
Preferred Map Color: (optional)
Preferred Leader Names: (optional, for use when generating heir names)
Preferred City Names: (optional, for use when you establish a new outpost)
Background:

Spoiler :

Creating or Choosing Races

The Dominant race of your nation is the one which pulls the strings and rules the rest within your society. While they may not be the only race, or even the majority race, in your empire, they are the ones in charge, and the ones the other nations associate with your empire's name. To begin with I have provided the standard fantasy races of Dwarves, Men, and Elves. These are not the only ones allowed. In fact, if you're encouraged to create your own (whether a variation on the big three or a completely new race). All you have to do is create a stat setup of races like the three below. Then they will be provided here in a similar format. Overall, these racial stats have little to do with the NES as a whole, besides providing some background and influencing your starting stats.

Combat is the level of proficiency in standard (non-magical) combat that the race demonstrates. Magecraft is the proficiency of the race when it comes to magical abilities. Charisma is the influence of your race over other races, when it comes to diplomacy and trade. Stealth is how sneaky the average member of your race is.

Note: Just making it clear here that these stats for races have very little to do with the way the NES functions or you freedom to do whatever you like with the civilization you create. This should just give you some notion of how the NPCs of these races think. Also, this affects the types of classes that heroes will be when they emerge. Also, you can make up whatever lore you like for the existing generic races (though please defer to the creating player if another race you want to play as is added)

Men
Combat: 25%
Magecraft: 20%
Charisma: 30%
Stealth: 25%

Elves
Combat: 20%
Magecraft: 40%
Charisma: 25%
Stealth: 15%

Dwarves
Combat: 40%
Magecraft: 15%
Charisma: 20%
Stealth: 25%

Leader Traits

Leader Traits are what sort of benefits that your leader brings to the faction as a whole. When your leader dies, the following leader will likely have a trait of his own. Yes, this means that your leaders are not permanent, and depending on what sort of government you have, leaders may change frequently or rarely at all.

Fertile: Your leader is a stallion among his people, and they replicate this themselves. In addition to producing more heirs if you're a monarch, your population will have double the growth rate.

Mercantile: A man who knows his figures, this sort of ruler will always get the most out of taxes and trade. You will receive 25% more money from commerce and cities/towns.

Industrious: As a man of the people and a hard worker himself, this sort of leader knows how to get the most out of production. You will receive 10% more lumber and stone minerals from towns that produce them.

Mystic: As a noted mage and caster of spells, the mystic leader is at the height of his realm's casting ability and proficiency. This leader will increase Mana production from your nation by 25%.

Intellectual: As a tinkerer of some renown, this leader is frequently the center of explosions of brilliant ideas and occasionally fire or shrapnel. Regardless, with this leader you will receive 25% more Expertise a turn.

Warrior: A fighter and general known well to his people, the warrior is noted for his prowess in arms. His soldiers are significantly better in battle than those of any other nation.

Sample Game Stats​

Spoiler :

The Cyrodillian Empire
Dominant Race: Human (Elves, Dwarves)
Absolute Monarchy: Emperor Uriel VII Septim (Intellectual)
Capital: Corrol
Family: Martin (32), Avandiccia (30), Uriel (15)
Population: 400,000
Slaves: 0
Gold: 1,000 (+400)
Lumber: 1,000 (+100)
Minerals: 1,000 (+50)
Mana Reserve: 100 (+50)
Expertise: 100 (+10)
Army: 1,000 Warriors, 50 Novices
Navy: 50 Galleys
Associated Heroes: Dovahkiin
Settlements: 1 City, 2 Towns
Spoiler :

Bravil: +100 Lumber, +100 Gold
-Population: 100,000
-Loyalty: 75%
Corrol: +300 Gold
-Population: 250,000
-Loyalty: 85%
Hammerfall: +50 Stone and Minerals
-Population: 50,000
-Loyalty: 80%

The Rules​
Spoiler :

Races, Governments, Monarchs, and Family

The Dominant Race of your nation is simply the race that runs the show in your nation. After some time though, or perhaps simply starting out, you will obtain more races within your borders. In such a case they will build up in this portion of your stats. This may have an effect upon various cities' loyalty as well as relations with other nations, but otherwise no concrete effect is had upon the rest of your stats.

Governments can vary to be whatever you want it to be. The only exception I must make for that is that you must have a head of state who has to have one of the leader traits mentioned above. I'd also like to know how often your leader changes, etc. If a leader lives too long or has some bad luck in an update, I will create a new leader based on naming schemes. There is an exception. If you are a monarchy or otherwise hereditary government, new heirs will be born occasionally and will inherit the throne when your leader dies. If none hereditary you can name your own heir or simply deal with it only when the time comes (probably not a good idea).

Population and Slaves

The Population of your nation is the number of people living within your cities total. This does not include people in the territories between your cities or otherwise claimed area. If they aren't in a settlement, they don't count. In terms of game play, your population counts as the free people of your civilization, with full rights provided unto them. Each city's population is provided within the Settlement spoiler of your stats. This all builds up to your total, which will ultimately affect the effectiveness and size of resource collection and town growth.

As for slaves, these are the weakling servants of your empire. You can convert a portion of you Population to slavery at any point, raid other nations for slaves, or even buy population from other nations and turn them to slaves. Because there's no reason to treat slaves right, they are useful for production of lumber and other resources, as well as construction or perhaps sacrifice to the gods.

Gold and Other Resources

Gold, Lumber, and Minerals are the key resources of any empire. Gold will be used in the construction of every unit and is produced by trade between cities and with other nations, as well as by taxing large cities and towns. Lumber is produced from towns or cities in or right next to woodlands, and is used for the construction of buildings and weapons. Minerals are also used for construction and weapon production, and are produced from towns or cities location in or right next to mountains. Prices involving all of these are listed in the appropriate places. It should also be noted that Lumber and Minerals can be used interchangablely with Mana in the construction of buildings.

Magic, Mana, and Spells

Magic is an important part of the world the people of Citana live in, and it can have an influence upon almost every element of life. Rather than being a skill available to only a few of a certain blood type or heritage, any person in the world can use magic with appropriate training, though some are most definitely more skilled than others. Mana is the reserve of magic created by those practicing magic and developing their talents. This mana can then be used as power in battle, to build new buildings and weapons out of nothing, or to cast spells of tremendous power.

Mana functions sort of as mage "ammunition" in a battle. Every type of magical unit uses up an amount of mana in the course of a battle, and when the nation's reserves of mana are empty, these units become effectively useless. While a fully loaded mage is an awesome sight to behold, if you run out of mana, those fancy units will be worthless in battle.

Mana can also be used in lieu of Lumber or Minerals in the construction of buildings, as listed below. This of course represents the simple summoning of buildings from nothing into existence, allowing the possibility of 100% magically constructed towns and cities.

Lastly, but most importantly are the great spells. These spells can be whatever you want them to be. From summoning demons or simply reshaping the world, you can cast any great spell. These function somewhat like projects, but instead cost an unholy amount of magic. They will be located at the bottom of your stats below your settlements. You should also be warned, if you intend to end the world, fear the heroes who will definitely arise to try to stop you.

Expertise

Expertise is the reserves and plans of technical ability with your nation. This implies the ability to design new weapons and buildings for your nation. All projects will cost some level of Expertise, and the strongest weapons will always cost expertise. Furthermore, this is a vital stat in the creation of new units, as each point of expertise spent will be another point in the power of your new units. See the post below for complete pricing and details on unit creation.

Armies and Warfare

Your army and navy stats should be fairly straight forward. There are very few generic units that I have provided below, but all units will be in the unit post below. These make up your larger military which will likely be the focus of your efforts in this NES. Wars for this NES will typically be decided in battles and sieges between cities. Remember, sieges will have a devastating effect upon the local population and economy, and often it may be better to fight out in the open.

As already described, there are only three generic units that will be provided at the beginning of the NES. These are Warriors, Novices, and Galleys. These are the most basic and I would not recommend using them except in the most dire of circumstances. My full recommendation is that you take a look at the post below and work on designing your own unique soldiers for combat.

Towns and Expansion

Rather than "blobbing" across the map like in most fresh start NESes, the focus here is upon cities and settlements. In order to expand your civilization you must construct new towns at whatever location you choose (within reason). The further away a proposed town site, the less likely the expedition to establish the town will be a success. Also, the chances of successfully building a new settlement are increased if the settlement is located along an already existing road or river connected with your capital. Speaking of which, I highly recommend being prepared to dedicate gold to projects building roads to connect your cities. If you wish to control an area or otherwise guard your lands, you can instead build a fort.

Prices for towns and forts are listed in the below post with other buildings.

Loyalty

The Loyalty of your population is loyalty towards the faction, not towards the ruler. A catastrophically low Loyalty number will result in civil war or even complete collapse if the ruler dies. Higher loyalty numbers make your soldiers more dedicated in combat and allow for a smoother transfer of power should your leader ever die. Loyalty is dictated settlement by settlement and may be determined by the majority race of the settlement, when it was captured, and various other attributes as well as by random events. Typically unrest will start in one settlement, and then spread (or not spread) depending on the loyalty of other settlements.

Buildings, Roads, and Projects

Projects are things such as wonders or major structures or endeavors undertaken by your nation. These are much like Great Spells, but are of a more physical nature. They can cost lives, or simply lumber. All you must do is order the construction to begin and I will give you a price, located underneath the rest of your stats.

Like in my previous Fallout-inspired NES, you can build smaller buildings and installations to complement your cities. Also like in the previous NES, I will add these as you think of them, not as I think of them. These will typically be smaller buildings that don't count as great wonders or projects, and will be added as we go.

Roads will be present upon the map and greatly improve commerce and trade between cities and nations. The price of building roads will widely depend on the distance of the road and the terrain it travels through. Like with any other project, you will simply state what you wish the project to do, and I will provide you with a price in your stats.

Heroes of Citana

What would a fantasy world be without heroes of great renown? Unlike other NESes I have done in a fantasy setting, heroes are not playable by ya'll. In fact, heroes never even come under your direct control. Heroes will occasionally appear in the realm (and will have a post to themselves), and journey across the lands seeking adventure, wealth, and reward. You may influence them, offer rewards to incentivize them, or simply try to hunt them down if they've offended you. It should also be said, that not all heroes are truly heroic. Some may be in shades of gray or even outright evil.

Random Events, Orders, and Updates

Updates will take place as a year each turn. This may seem a bit small amount of time at first, but the goal of this first NES is the establishment of nations and cities from the beginning, and perhaps the first great empire to unite the lands of Citana. Orders are suggested to be given through Private Message, but I will accept them on the thread in spoilers or via e-mail. E-mail will be provided if privately asked for (and if I've had experience with you as an NESer in the past).

I will be attempting speedy updates at first, but this will largely depend on speedy orders. It's a two-way street after all.

The World as we Know It: Map and Stories​

The continent of Citana is mostly temperate and fertile land for farming and development, with two large deserts. With the exception of the continent itself, nothing has been named. I leave it up to players to name various locations themselves, and they may use whatever names they want. Due to the length of all the eras, names will change as we go, and different races and nations will have different names for other locations. Needless to say, empty grasslands with rivers are by far the best to build cities upon, but you can build cities anywhere. Rivers can be used for trade and commerce much like a natural road.

The world is a small place, and this is only a continent. For a matter of scale, I expect a major power is likely to consist of only 4-5 large cities, and a number of towns and forts. Keep this in mind when plotting out your cities. This should become easier to calculate as we go.

The story is deliberately vague, and I hope you will fill in whatever gaps you can, and tell your own stories. My only rule on this is that you do not directly conflict with another person's own story or history provided. This first NES focuses on the rise of true nations and empires, encompassing what I am calling the First Era. This will gradually shape from cities to nation states, beginning from your first city.

Lastly, the Titans of old left behind relics in the wilderness, and perhaps they will come to light by the efforts of heroes or nations. We'll see, won't we?

World Map

The Following is only the Terrain map with named landmarks and regions. For the latest political map, please consult the list of update links in Post #5.

Spoiler :

Units and their Creation​

Creating Units

As referenced in the rules post above, the majority of your armies should be units you have created. To that end, I will now provide you with the information you need to create your fancy army. There are three primary types of units: Soldiers, Mages, Ships, and Devices. Soldiers are the main conventional forces of your army, and should be the largest bulk of your forces in battle. Mages represent those people who cast magics and infernal spells to decimate your enemies in battle, as well as generating mana for use at home. The more powerful the mage, the more mana they generate for your use. Ships are of course your naval vessels that you put to sea in. Devices are machines of war, including, siege weapons, and whatever other mechanical trickery you care to come up with. Obviously, in all cases, the more powerful the unit, the more expensive it is to produce. Of course you're expected to name your own units, and there is no limit on the number of unit types you can create, assuming you can pay for it all.

All units cost Expertise (plus one other resource) to develop. For each point of expertise you put into a unit, that's one point you can distribute into its stats. Each type of unit has its own set of stats, as summarized here:

Soldiers
Melee: Abilities in Hand to Hand Combat
Ranged: Abilities as archers and with single-man ranged weapons
Stealth: Ability to move silently and swiftly against the enemy, also used to scout or ambush the enemy
Discipline: Ability to fight in an organized manner in combat, allowing advanced tactics and abilities to be employed

Mages
Destruction: Ability to destroy your enemies with fire, ice, and lightning
Restoration: Ability to heal your allies and keep your soldiers fighting
Illusion: Ability to employ magical trickery and abilities to confuse and confound your enemies
Conjuration: Ability to summon weapons and beings of power to destroy your enemies

Ships
Firepower: Ability to destroy other ships
Speed: Ability to escape or evade other ships
Transport: Number of people that the ship can carry abroad (1 Point = 50 people/soldiers; soldiers can be used for battle at sea to capture enemy ships)

Devices
For devices all you need is a description of what you want the device to do, and 10 Expertise Points. The cost and stats of the unit will be determined and provided at your leisure beyond that point.

Units Available for Production

Unlike in other NESes where I have allowed the designing of units, the unit types here are not divided by type, but rather by nation. This is because players will be able to dictate who can build their unit types, and they cannot be directly copied. The exception of course is generic units which anyone can build, but once again, they all suck. This is where your units will wind up in terms of pricing after you create them.

Generic Units
Can be built by all nations
Spoiler :

City Guard
Cost: 1 Gold for 1 City Guard
Type: Soldier
Melee: 1
Ranged: 1
Stealth: 0
Discipline: 0

Novice
Cost: 10 Gold for 1 Novice
Generates .25 Mana per turn
Type: Mage
Destruction: 1
Restoration: 1
Illusion: 0
Conjuration: 0

Galley
Cost: 25 Gold, 25 Lumber
Type: Ship
Firepower: 1
Speed: 0
Transport: 1

Soldiers of Barslov
Can only be built by Barslov
Spoiler :

Brazen Beast
Cost: 30 Gold, 5 Minerals
Melee: 4
Ranged: 0
Stealth: 1
Discipline: 5

Soldiers of Sommerset
Can only be built by Sommerset
Spoiler :

Alumni
Cost: 25 Gold, 3 Mana
Generates 1.25 Mana per turn
Destruction: 4
Restoration: 0
Conjuration: 1

Aquamancer
Cost: 75 Gold, 25 Lumber
Speed: 1

Soldiers of Sverstall
Can Only be built by Sverstall
Spoiler :

Guardian
Cost: 15 Gold, 10 Minerals
Melee: 9
Stealth: 2
Discipline: 3

Soldiers of the Ayar
Can only be built by Barakdwell
Spoiler :

Lost Seeker
Cost: 15 Gold, 3 Mana
Generates .75 Mana per turn
Destruction: 0
Restoration: 2

Skirmisher
Cost: 7 Gold, 5 Lumber, 5 Minerals
Ranged: 5
Stealth: 3
Discipline: 4

Wave-Rider
Cost: 75 Gold, 25 Lumber
Firepower: 0
Speed: 2

Soldiers and Weapons of the Dragon's Arie
Can Only be Built by Dragon's Arie
Spoiler :

Battle Dragon Platform
Cost: 100 Gold, 50 Minerals or Lumber, 50 Mana
Type: Device; Transport Holding 15 regular soldiers
Description: A Platform which is placed upon the back of a dragon and stabilized with its own magically generated center of gravity, allowing a dozen human passengers to either used ranged weapons from the platform or otherwise guard it from other airborne combatants.

Soldiers of the Ghost Elves
Can Only be built by Ghoststone
Spoiler :

Dusti Illustia
Cost: 10 Gold, 1 Mana
Generates .5 Mana per turn
Illusion: 2
Conjuration: 0

Magian Ungul
Generates 1.25 Mana per turn
Type: Mage (subclass Builder)
Conjuration: 5

Nos Coffi
Cost: 20 Gold, 5 Minerals
Melee: 3

Soldiers of the Ithor
Can Only be Built by Ithor Race factions
Spoiler :

Princess
Cost: 80 Gold, 7 Mana, 5 Lumber, 5 Minerals
Generates: 3.5 Mana per turn
Type: Mage-Warrior
Destruction: 6
Restoration: 4
Conjuration: 4
Melee: 2
Ranged: 2
Discipline: 2

Soldiers of the Piscans
Can Only be built by Quillaachu
Spoiler :

Ascended
Generates: 1.25 Mana per turn
Illusion: 1
Conjuration: 2

Hunter
Cost: 10 Gold, 5 Minerals, 5 Lumber
Ranged: 2
Stealth: 1
Discipline: 1

Wooden Turtle
Cost: 125 Gold, 25 Lumber
Type: Ship (Submersible)
Speed: 3

Soldiers of the Vanir
Can Only be Built by Helvan
Spoiler :

Skinshifters
Melee: 4
Conjuration (Alteration): 1

Soldiers of Vyraname
Can only be built by Vyraname
Spoiler :

Reaver

War Galley
Cost:250 Gold, 50 Lumber
Firepower: 2
Speed: 5
Transport: 3

Soldiers of Yevah
Can only be built by Yevah
Spoiler :

Maccabees
Cost: 35 Gold, 5 Lumber, 5 Minerals
Ranged: 4
Discipline: 4

The Silent Death
Cost: 45 Gold, 5 Minerals, 2 Mana
Generates 1.5 Mana per turn
Type: Soldier-Mage
Stealth: 2
Restoration: 2
Illusion: 2

Soldiers of Zeal
Can Only be built by the Magical Kingdom of Zeal
Spoiler :

Geomancer
Cost: 50 Gold, 3 Mana
Generates 2.5 Mana per turn
Destruction: 4
Illusion: 1
Conjuration: 4

Popular Buildings for Construction​

Town: This is the basic settlement which will lead your nation to glory. Costs 10,000 Population (to be moved to new settlement), 1 Expertise and 1,500 Gold, Lumber, Mana, or Minerals

Fort: This is established at any strategic location you choose on the map, and can be used to defend your claimed borders and trade routes. Costs 1 Expertise, 500 Gold, and 500 of any other resource.

Nation States​

Spoiler :

Angeld: Boundless
Dominant Race: Dwarves
Council of Elders: Seernon Deepdown (55; Mercantile)
Capital: Deepdown Hold
Family: Kuhal Earthshaker (14), Fian Skybreaker (14), Katlinel the Darkeyed (11)
Population: 564,000
Gold: 1,630 (+525)
Lumber: 250 (+150)
Minerals: 600 (+175)
Mana Reserve: 10 (+5)
Expertise: 30 (+5)
Army: 1,500 City Guards, 20 Novices
Navy: None
Associated Heroes: None
Settlements: 1 City, 1 Town
Spoiler :

Deepdown Hold: +350 Gold, +50 Lumber, +5 Expertise
-Population: 248,000
Wetfeet Hold: +150 Gold, +50 Minerals
-Population: 200,000
-Loyalty: 60%
Woodrock Hold: +25 Gold, +100 Lumber, +125 Minerals
-Population: 116,000
-Loyalty: 55%

Barakdwell: Popcornlord
Dominant Race: Ayar (Men)
Republic/Theocracy: Karan (83; Intellectual)
Capital: Greyview
Family: Haldar (54; Mystic)
Population: 264,000
Gold: 815 (+375)
Lumber: 125
Minerals: 630 (+200)
Mana Reserve: 161 (+14)
Expertise: 22 (+5)
Army: 460 City Guards, 50 Skirmishers, 5 Lost Seekers
Spoiler :

Greyview: +350 Gold, +200 Minerals, +10 Mana, +5 Expertise
-Population: 251,000
-Loyalty: 65%
Yevatarrk: +25 Gold
-Population: 13,000

Meytl Terro: 1,045/2,500 Gold/Lumber/Minerals/Mana; 200/200 Mana; 5/5 Expertise

Barslov: Tycho
Dominant Race: Men
Monarchy: Emperor Vral (56; Mercantile)
Capital: Shadowhold
Family: Vral (25)
Population: 369,000
Gold: 980 (+525)
Lumber: 350 (+50)
Minerals: 150
Mana Reserve: 0
Expertise: 24 (+5)
Army: 500 City Guards, 70 Brazen Beasts
Spoiler :

Satara: +50 Gold, +50 Lumber
-Population: 92,000
Shadowhold: +475 Gold, +50 Lumber, +5 Expertise
-Population: 277,000

Dragon's Arie: TerrisH
Dominant Race: Dragons (Men)
Dragonocracy: Great Lord Drachy (655; Intellectual)
Capital: Dragon's Arie
Family: None
Population: 305,000
Gold: 625 (+350)
Lumber: 405
Minerals: 530 (+50)
Mana Reserve: 142 (+63)
Expertise: 11 (+5)
Army: 1,500 City Guards, 50 Novices
Navy: 1 Galley
Air Force: 2 Battle Dragons
Settlements: 1 City
Spoiler :

Dragon's Arie: +350 Gold, +50 Minerals, +50 Mana, +5 Expertise
-Population: 305,000

Ghoststone: Blaze Injun
Dominant Race: Ghost Elves
Monarchy: Emperor Narsoon (370; Mystic)
Capital: Ghoststone
Family: Elrik (125)
Population: 273,000
Slaves: 44,000
Gold: 1,250 (+350)
Lumber: 250
Minerals: 264 (+50)
Mana Reserve: 568 (+53)
Expertise: 13 (+5)
Army: 500 City Guards, 50 Novices, 5 Dustia Illustia, 8 Nos Coffi, 6 Magian Ungul
Spoiler :

Ghoststone: +350 Gold, +50 Minerals, +40 Mana, +5 Expertise
-Population: 273,000
-Slaves: 44,000
-Loyalty: 70%

Great Hive: thomas.berubeg
Dominant Race: Ithor
Monarchy: Queen Red Obsidian (46; Fertile)
Capital: Hive Red Obsidian
Family: Iro (15), Fi (15), Jul (15)
Population: 867,000
Gold: 350 (+350)
Lumber: 0
Minerals:200 (+200)
Mana Reserve: 100 (+100)
Expertise: 35 (+15)
Army: 2,100 City Guards
Spoiler :

Hive Red Obsidian: +350 Gold, +200 Minerals, +100 Mana, +15 Expertise
-Population: 867,000

Encompassing Hive Project: 2,850/15,000 Resources

Helvan: Immaculate
Dominant Race: Vanir
Absolute Monarchy: King Hermodr (475; Fertile)
Capital: Eljudnir
Family: Sven (225), Ulfric (165), Delbáeth (6)
Population: 397,000
Gold: 0 (+300)
Lumber: 10 (+50)
Minerals: 0
Mana Reserve: 9 (+3)
Expertise: 5 (+5)
Army: 4,300 City Guards, 10 Novices, 4 Skin-shifters
Navy: 1 Galley
Spoiler :

Algudhir: +25 Lumber
-Population: 11,000
Eljudnir: +300 Gold, +50 Lumber, +5 Expertise
-Population: 386,000

Magical Kingdom of Zeal: crezth
Dominant Race: Elves
Magocratic Monarchy: King Aranion (98; Mystic)
Capital: Zen
Population: 317,000
Gold: 825 (+325)
Minerals: 300 (+50)
Mana Reserve: 475 (+25)
Expertise: 5 (+5)
Army: 500 City Guards, 40 Novices, 10 Geomancers
Spoiler :

Kajar: +25 Gold
-Population: 11,000
Zen: +300 Gold, +50 Minerals, +5 Expertise
-Population: 306,000

Quillaachu: Haseri
Dominant Race: Piscans
Combat-Based Dictatorship: Chief Quilla (45; Warrior)
Capital: Chuaraqchu
Population: 202,000
Gold: 1,030 (+350)
Lumber: 500 (+50)
Minerals: 550
Mana Reserve: 3 (+3)
Expertise: 20 (+5)
Army: 5,500 City Guards, 10 Hunters, 12 Novices
Navy: 6 Wooden Turtles
Spoiler :

Chuaraqchu: +350 Gold, +50 Lumber, +5 Expertise
-Population: 202,000

Sommerset: SKILORD
Dominant Race: Elves
Absolute Monarchy: High Lord Thal Paron (440; Mercantile)
Capital: Sommerset
Population: 269,000
Gold: 600 (+550)
Lumber: 600 (+50)
Minerals: 500
Mana Reserve: 155 (+39)
Expertise: 12 (+5)
Army: 350 City Guards, 5 Novices, 30 Alumni
Navy: 4 Aquamancers
Associated Heroes: Namalri
Spoiler :

Sommerset: +550 Gold, +50 Lumber
-Population: 269,000

Sverstall: Terrence888
Plutocratic Oligarchy: Tribune Farenstall Hoardinghands (80; Mercantile)
Capital: Svenhold
Population: 337,000
Gold: 750 (+525)
Minerals: 125 (+275)
Expertise: 9 (+5)
Army: 1,500 City Guard, 80 Guardians
Spoiler :

Glenoak: +50 Gold
-Population: 50,000
Kaverstall: +25 Gold, +25 Minerals
-Population: 56,000
Svenhold: +450 Gold, +250 Minerals
-Population: 231,000

Vyraname: Lord of Elves
Monarchy: Emperor Shyras II (64; Warrior)
Capital: Falreagen
Family: Vitarious (43), Astalvus (40), Lydrianne (39)
Population: 406,000
Gold: 1,360 (+500)
Lumber: 0 (+100)
Minerals: 190 (+100)
Expertise: 23 (+5)
Army: 2,980 City Guard, 38 Reavers
Navy: 20 Galleys
Settlements: 1 City, 1 Town, 1 Fort
Spoiler :

Esterhold: +50 Gold, +100 Minerals, +100 Lumber
-Population: 100,000
Falreagen: +450 Gold, +5 Expertise
-Population: 327,000
Lodzhold: 20 City Guards

Yevah: Milarqui
Monarchy: Gabriel X Judah (51; Industrious)
Capital: Zinar
Family: Isral (23)
Population: 369,000
Gold: 960 (+425)
Lumber: 295 (+100)
Minerals: 320 (+125)
Mana Reserve: 56 (+12)
Expertise: 7 (+5)
Army: 900 City Guard, 46 Novices, 10 Maccabees
Navy: 4 Galleys
Spoiler :

Fadar: +75 Gold
-Population: 18,000
Redar: +50 Lumber
-Population: 16,000
Zinar: +350 Gold, +50 Lumber, +125 Minerals, +5 Expertise
-Population: 335,000

Nomadic Tribes​
(NPC, but can be taken)

Yevah Nomads
Race: Men
Population: 44,000
Gold: 300
Lumber: 50
Minerals: 150
Army: 100 City Guards

Minor Factions​
(NPC, but can be taken)

Miscarand
Race: Elves
Population: 53,000
Gold: 200
Lumber: 300
Minerals: 0
Army: 400 City Guards
Navy: 5 Galleys

Heroes of Citana​

Namalri
Race: Elf
Class: City Guard
Ideology: Lawful Good
Born in Zen, Magical Kingdom of Zeal
Melee: 5

Deceased or Departed​

David
Race: Man
Class: City Guard
Ideology: Lawful Good
Born in: Zinar, Kingdom of Yevah
Discipline: 0

Flynajoon
Race: Ghost Elf
Age: 234 (disappeared First Era Year 29 in Flynajoon's Rest)
Class: Magian Ungul
Ideology: Chaotic Neutral
Born in: Ghoststone, Ghoststone
Illusion: 4
Conjuration: 12

Sentient Races of Citana​

Ayar
Average Lifespan:
Average Height:
Background: The Ayar were an experiment by the Titans, a warrior race that could fly. Their combat abilities are questionable, but they could fly, and as such were forced into massive mock battles for the Titans' amusement. When they got bored, the Titans destroyed most of the race, but a few remained hidden in the Talos Mountains. The Ayar are a noble race of bird-like creatures, about three-fourths the height of an adult human, but slightly larger otherwise. They are capable of flight with massive wings jutting out of their backs. There come in many colors, which is often symbolic of their ancestry.

Dragons
Average Lifespan: 800-1,000
Average Height:
Background: None Available at this time.

Dwarves
Average Lifespan: 100-200 Years
Average Height: 1 meter
Background: (Insert Lore Here)

Elves
Average Lifespan: 600-900 Years
Average Height: 2 meters
Background: Elves themselves are said to have been the first race created by the Titans in the history before time, and the "favored" nature the Eltari regard themselves with was actually the Titans' morbid interest in delivering the pain of mortality unto immortal creatures. Since the delivery of the Titans from Nessan, Elves have not been immortal, but remain long-lived and fair. They have since spread across Citana, and are one of the most abundant races.

Ithor
Average Lifespan: 100-150 Years
Average Height: 1 meter
Background: The Ithor are Insectlike, very similar to the common ants (Though have a much more complex social structure.) The Ruling Cast (The Queen and her Princesses) are Fertile female, and all may reproduce, using the members of her retinue. All Ithor Female are immensely powerful in magic, though their rarity precludes them being used in combat very often. Beneath the Females are the Males, who are uniformly warriors. It is from those who show the most intelligence, resourcefulness, strength, and cunning, that the Ithor Queen and Princesses draw their retinue, which is considered the greatest honor. Beneath the males are the worker class, who are gender-less, and have no aspirations to be anything but workers for the glory of the Hive. Locking all of these casts into Loyalty to the queen is a physiological dependence on the pheromones, and the magical aura, exuded by the queen and her designated Heir.

Men
Average Lifespan: 60-70 Years
Average Height: 1.8 meters
Background: The most common race, it is said that a number of Titans enjoyed creating different types of men, as they were the easiest to manipulate and adjust into other forms. A number of races of men, all interchangeable in the basest natures, were created by a variety of Titans for their own amusement. The Men of Nessan were the favorite for contests of war and bloodshed, and by far the most entertaining for the Titans. Now they are easily the most prevalent race in Citana, scattered to every corner of the continent.

Piscans
Average Lifespan:
Average Height:
Background: A mixture of fish- and frog-people: Slimy skin, bulging eyes, a tongue far too big for its mouth. They are smaller than a man and far more stealthy than they appear. Thanks to a rare merciful titan, they can operate either on land or in the sea.

Vanir
Average Lifespan: 400-500 Years
Average Height: 2 meters
Background:
Spoiler :

The Vanir are a race not too unlike men or elves, though taller and broader in stature. They are related to the elves in that they, like them, have fey blood. They are resistant to cold and sensitive to heat, making their homes amongst the cold northern winds and disdaining the southern temperate climes. They are naturally adept in illusion and instinctually cloak themselves in glamour such that other races might look upon an army of Vanir and see only a field shimmering and glinting with obfuscated and confusing shadows of soldiers. They are also natural sailors, having a natural affinity for ships, sailing and navigation, and horsemen, making use of a unique breed of fey horses only they are known to ride. Most Vanir villages are along coasts and feed themselves through fishing and hunting making only limited use of agriculture.

The Vanir are a proud race, their competence as warriors and warrior-sorcerers as well as their innate sense of entitlement means they often look upon other races, with the exception of the elves or other fey races, as lesser beings and they actively raid and conquer the lands of men, dwarves and others for slaves better suited to the role of miner or farmer. They only rarely trade with non-fey races and tend towards isolationism.

While the Vanir tend to have an absolute sense of loyalty to a central monarch, the monarchy’s influence in day to day life tends to be limited as the Vanir value their independence and freedom. A Vanir village chieftain may lead a ship or three of raiders to a human settlement without informing the monarchy but is ultimately responsible for any implications incurred. Despite this, the monarchy is the absolute authority in matters of war or major central projects and his or often her word is absolute law.

While illusion is a natural and innate skill of the Vanir, their magicians tend to focus on the paths of wind and death, and magic is understood to come from Helheim, where the fey pass through the gate stone to reach the other side. It is said that the greatest of Vanir sorcerers in ages past would hang themselves from an ash tree so that they might ride to Helheim and return masters of the arts of magic. Other Vanir mages focus on the path of air, learning to summon spirits of the winds to power their sails, serve in battle or as messengers as well as to conjure lightning and chill northern winds.

In war the Vanir call upon their natural glamour to travel unseen and to make battle with them difficult. Even in a desperate melee, the enemy may perceive only shimmering blades and confusing shadows and their raiders tend to travel unseen far and wide upon their magical fey horses. The Vanir have a love for cavalry but disdain archery, preferring to make use of javelins, spears and swords. Their steelwork is fine and their blades heavy but they tend to use lighter chainmail than investing in the heavy plate used by many other races. Their magicians are often warrior-magicians, also riding upon their magical fey horses and wielding primarily illusion and through their involvement with Helheim, necromancy.

The Vanir worship a goddess they say has passed on to Helheim and who now communicates with the Vanir through spirits, often taking the form of a raven. As such they hold ravens as sacred creatures and many will leave morsels for them or attempt to domesticate them. Most Vanir longhouses are home to a least one semi-domesticated raven. Their priests are always women and practice blood sacrifice, usually upon human or other mortal slaves captured in raids. These priestesses are called ‘Desir’ or ‘Dis’ and many are said to speak with the dead. Desir warrior sorceresses are said to have been able, in times past, to fly and command storms but the majority serve more as witches and diviners in modern times.

The Vanir are led by a king who is served by nobility from which the stocks of elite cavalry and cavalry sorcerers are drawn. Individual villages are led by a village headmen, who is often a competent war chieftain, sailor, and often commands air magic. They also maintain their own minor nobility as well. These are called Jarls. Below the jarls are the nobles and below these are the freemen. There is little social mobility amongst the Vanir, their adherence to tradition and long lifespans ensuring that most will serve the race as their parents did. Vanir freemen are often sailors or fishermen, as well as skilled hunters and craftsmen, especially competent in silver and iron smithy. Below them are the serfs who serve the nobles and below them are the slaves, often of other races who work the fields, quarries and mines.

Great Wonders and Artifacts of Citana​

None provided yet..

Civilization Name: Yevah
Government: Monarchy
Leader Name: Gabriel (complete name: Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael)
Leader Trait: Industrious
Leader Background: Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael Judah, more commonly known as Gabriel Judah (King Gabriel), is the last of a long line of men and women that have led the Men of Yevah ever since the Fall.
Starting Location: near the pass at the west of the northern desert, at the eastern bank of the river
Preferred Map Color: Blood Red
Preferred Leader Names: Michael, Uriel, Azrael, Raphael, Raguel, Ramiel (male); Ruth, Esther, Miriam, Rachel, Sarah (female)
Preferred City Names: Zinar, Fadar, Redar, Sodar, Cudar
Background: The fall of the Titan Adona, who had created the Men of Yevah, shocked all of Men, who struggled to survive in the post-Fall world. Slowly, they organized around the town of Zinar, where one of the men, Michael, got the other people to follow him, and became the first Judah (King) of the Men of Yevah. Along the years, the Men of Yevah struggled against Nature, against the Catastrophe and against the barbaric beings that went mad in the aftermath of the Fall, and survived when many would have thought they would die. Using the resources Nature gave them, and the powers the Titans left behind for all of the sentient beings to use, they slowly built up, harvesting food and other things. Now, under the rule of Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael (Gabriel the Tenth, son of Raphael the Fourteenth), they will go onward towards greatness!

This doesn't look like ProhibitionNES :(

Sorry about Prohibition, the holidays provided me with way too much liquor, even for NESing purposes. The interest there is gone, replaced instead with the following thought process: "Skyrim, Skyrim, Skyrim, NESing, NESing, wait. Skyrimnesing"

Civilization Name: Vyraname
Leader: Emperor Shyras II
Leader Trait: Warrior
Leader Background: The Vyran dynasty has ruled since the Fall, blessed by the Titans to lead all men, or so the story goes. The Vyran seized power in the chaos after the Fall, lead by their charismatic and bloodthirsty patriarch, Morrath. Morrath claimed that his leadership, taken by force, was backed up by the legacy of the Titans and produced to legitimize his claim a Titan artifact which he and his progeny have dubbed the Iron Crown. Henceforth, Clan Vyran's people took the name Vyraname or "of Vyran", and Morrath acquired the other clans as supplicants, or smashed what resistance remained. Since the establishment of the dynasty, the Vyran clan has ruled largely unchallenged until the ascendance to the throne of Shyras II. The Vyran dynasts style themselves as Emperors, or kings of kings, in that Vyran brought the other clans to heel.
Preferred Color: Yellow
Preferred Leader Names: Dorien, Shyras, Morrath, Morrant, Lothras, Igdras (male). Lydiane, Sopheri, Misvena, Tirine, Kirien (female).
Preferred City Names: Galhold, Arcturan, Lormene, Falkvis
Background: Supposedly, prior to the Fall the people who would later be called the Vyraname were the chosen of the Titan Noreas. They were granted the southerly lands of the world for their settlement, and they prospered. Their various leaders, clansmen or lords or kings, were glad supplicants to Noreas and in those times they called themselves the Noreame. When the Titans were struck down, they found themselves leaderless, and warred amongst each other until the rise of clan Vyran. Morrath Vyran crushed the competing clans, and expanded its influence from the clan's hold at Falreagen to the furthest stretches of the Noreames' settlement. The Iron Crown became a symbol of Vyran's leadership, and the Noreame styled themselves as the Vyraname. The Vyran Emperors compounded the leadership of the Iron Crown with brutal subjugation of rebellion. The bloodline has succeeded in crushing all resistance, and what clans remain are sworn to the Iron Crown for fear of their extinction by the Vyran. From Falreagen, the Vyran dynasty plans further conquest. The Iron Crown is the blessing of the gods.

Starting Location
Spoiler :

I am very much in, EQ.

Civilization Name: Great Hive
Government: Hereditary Monarchy
Leader Name: Queen Red Obsidian
Leader Trait: Fertile
Leader Background: Daughter of Queen Black Obsidian, Queen Red Obsidian sits securely on her throne.
Starting Location:On that Southern Island with the Volcano
Preferred Map Color: Green
Preferred Leader Names: Princesses have Names that consist of a color (Usually based on a particular event in the larva's Childhood or an aspect of her appearence, say color of Carapace) and a hereditary Mineral name.
Preferred City Names: Hive "Name of Queen"
Background:
The Ithor are an insectoid people, only recently united into a single hive by an enterprising Queen, Queen Mauve Obsidian. Traditionally, each hive held a number of "Crown Jewels," ancient Titan Artifacts that glowed with their own inner fire, but, through Politicking, Subterfuge, and outright warfare, Queen Black Obsidian acquired these Jewels and bound them into a single Crown. (Though Legend states that some princesses of Defunct Hives managed to make off with thier Jewels and a retinue, and are hiding in the far reaches, rebuilding their hive as best they can)

Ithor
Charisma: 10%
Stealth: 35%

The Ithor are Insectlike, very similar to the common ants (Though have a much more complex social structure.) The Ruling Cast (The Queen and her Princesses) are Fertile female, and all may reproduce, using the members of her retinue. All Ithor Female are immensely powerful in magic, though their rarity precludes them being used in combat very often. Beneath the Females are the Males, who are uniformly warriors. It is from those who show the most intelligence, resourcefulness, strength, and cunning, that the Ithor Queen and Princesses draw their retinue, which is considered the greatest honor. Beneath the males are the worker class, who are gender-less, and have no aspirations to be anything but workers for the glory of the Hive. Locking all of these casts into Loyalty to the queen is a physiological dependence on the pheromones, and the magical aura, exuded by the queen and her designated Heir.

Ayar
Combat: 20%
Magecraft: 30%
Charisma: 35%

The Ayar are a noble race of bird-like creatures, about three-fourths the height of an adult human, but slightly larger otherwise. They are capable of flight with massive wings jutting out of their backs. There come in many colors, which is often symbolic of their ancestry.

Civilization Name: Barakdwell
Dominant Race: Ayar
Government: Republic/Theocracy (see background)
Leader Name: Karan
Leader Trait: Intellectual
Leader Background: Karan is one of the oldest and most respected Ayar in Greyview. He has bright red fur, and claims this is proof of his ancestor's high background.
Starting Location: The mountains neighboring the river, on the east coast of the western part of the largest continent.
Preferred Map Color: Blue
Preferred Leader Names: Haldor, Intera, Gathos, Baland, Cvis, Salaca
Preferred City Names: Greyview, Barakdwell, Nithetvill, Hendra, Tilthor, Namos, Alandra
Background: The Ayar were an experiment by the Titans, a warrior race that could fly. Their combat abilities are questionable, but they could fly, and as such were forced into massive mock battles for the Titan's amusement. When they got bored, the Titans destroyed most of the race, but a few remained hidden in the Talos Mountains. When the cataclysm struck, the Ayar, no longer threatened by the Titans, carefully explored beyond their mountain homes, only to find a tribe of humans that considered them messangers of the gods. The Ayar went along with it, and eventually took a dominance in the culture and religion of the Barak. The Barak eventually settled down into the city of Barakdwell. They developed agriculture and an organized religion based of their avian overlords, the priests of which soon gained political dominance. The Ayar, meanwhile, built their own republic, based of the mountain city of Greyview. Greyview the only major settlement of the Ayar, and is positioned to look over Barakdwell, a constant reminder to the humans of their Gods' messengers. Although the Ayar have little to do with the human's day-to-day life, leaving this to their priests, they are reliant on a tribute of food to survive. This consequently gives the Ayar more time to peruse the higher arts, such as Magic.

If this is too much for update one, you can start it off earlier, and I can build it up from there.

Civilization Name: Barslov
Leader: Emperor Vral
Leader Trait: Mercantilist
Leader Background: When the Shattering descended upon the world, and the Barslov island severed from the mainland, Vral was merely a tribes leader upon that part of the land. He quickly seized power and banded together with all of the other tribes on the island and started to forge an empire out of the rubble of what had been before. Since the tribes had been shattered and unorganized before which had led to large amounts of bloodshed and warfare, this new peace under the Empire is proving interesting for the tribes.
Preferred Color: Silver
Preferred Leader Names: Vral, Tvorin, Korrin, Sarkon, Vale (male). Sophiea, Nara, Lyria, Sarah, Krela (female).
Preferred City Names: Shadowhold, Fangholm, Silvervale, Satara
Background: In ancient times during the creation of the world, the titans Aleius and Satyrus amused themselves by pitting the multiple tribes of Barslov against each other for sport and amusement. For eons the tribes fought and bled against each other, the winners getting a larger time of respite, and the losers... not so much if they were not destroyed. When the Shattering came and split the world asunder, the titan disappeared and the tribes were free to do whatever they wished. With Vral one of the more powerful of the chiefs, he unified the people of Barslov and the Empire plans to expand rapidly.
Preferred Location: Island in the far northwest of the map and the southern shore.

I am very much in, EQ.

Civilization Name: Great Hive
Government: Hereditary Monarchy
Leader Name: Queen Red Obsidian
Leader Background: Daughter of Queen Black Obsidian, Queen Red Obsidian sits securely on her throne.
Starting Location:On that Southern Island with the Volcano
Preferred Map Color: Green
Preferred Leader Names: Princesses have Names that consist of a color (Usually based on a particular event in the larva's Childhood or an aspect of her appearence, say color of Carapace) and a hereditary Mineral name.
Preferred City Names: Hive "Name of Queen"
Background:
The Ithor are an insectoid people, only recently united into a single hive by an enterprising Queen, Queen Mauve Obsidian. Traditionally, each hive held a number of "Crown Jewels," ancient Titan Artifacts that glowed with their own inner fire, but, through Politicking, Subterfuge, and outright warfare, Queen Black Obsidian acquired these Jewels and bound them into a single Crown. (Though Legend states that some princesses of Defunct Hives managed to make off with thier Jewels and a retinue, and are hiding in the far reaches, rebuilding their hive as best they can.) The Crown Jewels are said to have been forged by The Titan Aule, Patron of Innovation and magic, to augment the magical abilities of his pawns.

Ithor
Charisma: 10%
Stealth: 35%

The Ithor are Insectlike, very similar to the common ants (Though have a much more complex social structure.) The Ruling Cast (The Queen and her Princesses) are Fertile female, and all may reproduce, using the members of her retinue. All Ithor Female are immensely powerful in magic, though their rarity precludes them being used in combat very often. Beneath the Females are the Males, who are uniformly warriors. It is from those who show the most intelligence, resourcefulness, strength, and cunning, that the Ithor Queen and Princesses draw their retinue, which is considered the greatest honor. Beneath the males are the worker class, who are gender-less, and have no aspirations to be anything but workers for the glory of the Hive. Locking all of these casts into Loyalty to the queen is a physiological dependence on the pheromones, and the magical aura, exuded by the queen and her designated Heir.

Edited.

News from the Nations of Citana​

A new dawn has begun to bake the soil of Citana, and the people of the continent have awoken into what future historians would call the First Era of Citana. The age of the Titans is firmly in the realm of mythology and legend, already fading into the short memory of the mortal races. These mortals have struggled through the dark times, but have at last begun to establish new homes and societies across Citana, giving birth to a bright new future. As these fledgling powers struggle to establish control and authority over their realms and to build up their strength. In this time of great change, heroes will arise and a new order will be established, as the fate of the world is shifted and altered through their actions and the actions of the kings and queens of Citana.

Barakdwell
Spoiler :

The Ayar are a noble race of bird-like creatures, about three-fourths the height of an adult human, but slightly larger otherwise. They are capable of flight with massive wings jutting out of their backs. There come in many colors, which is often symbolic of their ancestry. The Ayar were an experiment by the Titans, a warrior race that could fly. Their combat abilities are questionable, but they could fly, and as such were forced into massive mock battles for the Titan's amusement. When they got bored, the Titans destroyed most of the race, but a few remained hidden in the Talos Mountains. When the cataclysm struck, the Ayar, no longer threatened by the Titans, carefully explored beyond their mountain homes, only to find a tribe of humans that considered them messengers of the gods. The Ayar went along with it, and eventually took a dominance in the culture and religion of the Barak. The Barak eventually settled down into the city of Barakdwell. They developed agriculture and an organized religion based of their avian overlords, the priests of which soon gained political dominance. The Ayar, meanwhile, built their own republic, based of the mountain city of Greyview. Greyview the only major settlement of the Ayar, and is positioned to look over Barakdwell, a constant reminder to the humans of their Gods' messengers. Although the Ayar have little to do with the human's day-to-day life, leaving this to their priests, they are reliant on a tribute of food to survive. This consequently gives the Ayar more time to peruse the higher arts, such as Magic.

Karan's Challenge: The roosts of our people are becoming treats for local dragons, who have begun hunting our young for food. We are facing an unfortunate number of deaths among the children of our people and we could face extinction should something not be done. How do we respond?

Barslov
Spoiler :

In ancient times during the creation of the world, the titans Aleius and Satyrus amused themselves by pitting the multiple tribes of Barslov against each other for sport and amusement. For eons the tribes fought and bled against each other, the winners getting a larger time of respite, and the losers... not so much if they were not destroyed. When the Shattering came and split the world asunder, the titan disappeared and the tribes were free to do whatever they wished. With Vral one of the more powerful of the chiefs, he unified the people of Barslov and the Empire plans to expand rapidly. When the Shattering descended upon the world, and the Barslov island severed from the mainland, Vral was merely a tribes leader upon that part of the land. He quickly seized power and banded together with all of the other tribes on the island and started to forge an empire out of the rubble of what had been before. Since the tribes had been shattered and unorganized before which had led to large amounts of bloodshed and warfare, this new peace under the Empire is proving interesting for the tribes.

Emperor's Challenge: A large number of tribes under the emperor's rule are considering taking a nomadic course and following the herds of local wildlife, rather than living within Shadowhold. They plan to depart with the herds next season. How should we respond?

Great Hive
Spoiler :

The Ithor are Insectlike, very similar to the common ants (Though have a much more complex social structure.) The Ruling Cast (The Queen and her Princesses) are Fertile female, and all may reproduce, using the members of her retinue. All Ithor Female are immensely powerful in magic, though their rarity precludes them being used in combat very often. Beneath the Females are the Males, who are uniformly warriors. It is from those who show the most intelligence, resourcefulness, strength, and cunning, that the Ithor Queen and Princesses draw their retinue, which is considered the greatest honor. Beneath the males are the worker class, who are gender-less, and have no aspirations to be anything but workers for the glory of the Hive. Locking all of these casts into Loyalty to the queen is a physiological dependence on the pheromones, and the magical aura, exuded by the queen and her designated Heir. The Ithor were only recently united into a single hive by an enterprising Queen, Queen Mauve Obsidian. Traditionally, each hive held a number of "Crown Jewels," ancient Titan Artifacts that glowed with their own inner fire, but, through Politicking, Subterfuge, and outright warfare, Queen Black Obsidian acquired these Jewels and bound them into a single Crown.

Queen's Challenge: Our tunneling drones have begun to encounter a number of massive worms crawling beneath the surface. They could most a threat to any further tunnels constructed. How do we respond?

Vyraname
Spoiler :

Supposedly, prior to the Fall the people who would later be called the Vyraname were the chosen of the Titan Noreas. They were granted the southerly lands of the world for their settlement, and they prospered. Their various leaders, clansmen or lords or kings, were glad supplicants to Noreas and in those times they called themselves the Noreame. When the Titans were struck down, they found themselves leaderless, and warred amongst each other until the rise of clan Vyran. Morrath Vyran crushed the competing clans, and expanded its influence from the clan's hold at Falreagen to the furthest stretches of the Noreames' settlement. The Iron Crown became a symbol of Vyran's leadership, and the Noreame styled themselves as the Vyraname. The Vyran Emperors compounded the leadership of the Iron Crown with brutal subjugation of rebellion. The bloodline has succeeded in crushing all resistance, and what clans remain are sworn to the Iron Crown for fear of their extinction by the Vyran. From Falreagen, the Vyran dynasty plans further conquest. The Iron Crown is the blessing of the gods.

Emperor's Challenge: The local river has begun flooding quite badly in the spring, and many homes and farms are badly threatened by these events. The local farmers call for aid, but such aid will likely cost much gold or lumber to protect their homes. How do we respond?

Yevah
Spoiler :

The fall of the Titan Adona, who had created the Men of Yevah, shocked all of Men, who struggled to survive in the post-Fall world. Slowly, they organized around the town of Zinar, where one of the men, Michael, got the other people to follow him, and became the first Judah (King) of the Men of Yevah. Along the years, the Men of Yevah struggled against Nature, against the Catastrophe and against the barbaric beings that went mad in the aftermath of the Fall, and survived when many would have thought they would die. Using the resources Nature gave them, and the powers the Titans left behind for all of the sentient beings to use, they slowly built up, harvesting food and other things. Now, under the rule of Dac-Gabriel-lan-Detra-Raphael (Gabriel the Tenth, son of Raphael the Fourteenth), they will go onward towards greatness!
Judah's Challenge: A number of the people of Zinar have begun to grow restless within the stone homes of our people. They yearn once again for a nomadic lifestyle and have prepared to depart from our lands and our control with the next season. How do we respond?

OOC

For those familiar with my Fallout inspired NES, the Challenges provided for your nation could be turned for better or worse, or simply ignored. They can be opportunities awaiting or not-so-subtle pitfalls. I encourage you to address them in your orders, as they are events which will happen in the course of the next year.

The update deadline is more of a guideline, and I fully encourage you all to participate quickly and often, especially in this early stage of the NES. The quicker the updates come and nations grow, the sooner we get to war and diplomacy between significant states. That's something to consider.

World Map

Spoiler :

Hey,

Can I get in still?

Civilization Name: Ghoststone
Dominant Race: Ghost Elves (Elves)
Leader Name: Emperor Narsoon
Leader Trait: Mystic
Leader Background: optional, story based
Starting Location: Describe Location or Provide map with location marked
Preferred Map Color: Purple, Red See spoiler map below.
Preferred Leader Names: Elrik, Lithia, Hollien/ Holliena, Lufsoom, Daphlara
Preferred City Names:
Background: With the world shattering a great monolithic stone fell from the flame torn skies. Landing in the lands of the once peaceful
elves that lived between the Shadow mountains & the Silent River. The elves gathered and traveled to investigate the great stone.
Lead by Narsoon the elves found the towering blood red stone pulsating with a strange magical energy. As Narsoon moved closer the
energy exploded in a wave of black light that continued for miles into the hellish night. The elves were physically changed. Their skin
became white as did their hair. Eyes became more almond shaped. Small horns grow above the corner of their eyes. Their mouths wider
and teeth more canine. Their bodies became leaner almost skeleton like.

The major change was their bodies were infused with sinister mana. This mana drives the Ghost Elves to live lustful lives chasing all things
magical. They let nothing stand in the way of mana power.

Ghost Elves
Combat: 25%
Magecraft: 45%
Charisma: 15%

Civilization Name: Angeld
Government: Council of Elders
Leader Name: Agrbash Deepdown
Leader Background: Son of the previous leader of the village
Starting Location: At the top of the river in the very centre of the map.
Preferred Map Color: Deep Purple
Preferred Leader Names: (optional, for use when generating heir names)
Preferred City Names: (optional, for use when you establish a new outpost)
Background:

Much more detail will come with time, but just getting something in so I am actually in the NES.
But we will be very much like the Dwarves of the Discworld.

Top Bottom