Announcing BUFFY

Stack attack crashes your game, doesn't make it go out of sync? I don't think any of us use stack attack anyway.

Some people are getting this OOS error with multiplayer and others not--the worst type of bug to have. :( Some are also getting an OOS error as soon as they start their game.

I tried to upload the save for my team's SGOTM twice, and the load failed both times because I got a message saying "Load Failed" and also "The save file of this folder is hidden to ensure that your custom assets are protected." (Or a message similar to that - the popup comes and goes so quickly that I can't read the whole thing in time.)

I did change NoCustomAssets in my BUFFY folder from 0 to 1.

I tried to upload the save for my team's SGOTM twice, and the load failed both times because I got a message saying "Load Failed" and also "The save file of this folder is hidden to ensure that your custom assets are protected." (Or a message similar to that - the popup comes and goes so quickly that I can't read the whole thing in time.)

I don't understand what you're talking about. Where were you uploading the saved game, to CFC? And the browser said the file was hidden? :confused:

I don't understand what you're talking about. Where were you uploading the saved game, to CFC? And the browser said the file was hidden? :confused:
SGOTM are round-robin team play. Each member play ten turns or so. I believe they upload their save in a private forum so the next player can continue playing it.

I am not sure why BUFFY would be have anything to do with an issue uploading an attachment. @DMOC, did you try moving the file to a different folder?

BtS Unaltered modiFication For You! (I honestly just made that up)

here are the name suggestions so far ...
  • Grifftavian - BtS Unlimited Fun For Years
  • pholkhero - BtS Unaltered Fluffy Friggin' Yarbles
  • PieceOfMind - BUG Family Friendly
  • JujuLautre - BTS Unaltered Fun For You
  • tom123 - Big Ugly Fat F***er Yes!
  • Fieryphoenix - BtS Ultimate Fun FactorY
  • alerum68 - Because U Feel, Forever Yawning
  • cabert - BtS Unaltered Frustration For You
  • Vortilex - BtS Unaltered modiFication For You!
  • Grifftavian - BtS Unaltered Full Featured GameplaY

I am betting that you will hate me when we post the answer!

I noticed something odd in the tech tree while playing BOTM 21 (no spoilers).

You know how BUFFY usually shows which techs each type of Great Person will bulb, at the left edge of the screen?

In this game the techs were not accurate - it had two late-game techs per type of Great Person, and these did not change over the course of the game. I can send a screenshot to the BUFFY team if it would help.

In this game the techs were not accurate - it had two late-game techs per type of Great Person, and these did not change over the course of the game. I can send a screenshot to the BUFFY team if it would help.

Very strange! A saved game would be most helpful in diagnosing the issue. Don't worry, I'm not playing in any HOF/BOTM games and promise not to share you save. Please send it to my gmail account (same name as here).

ruff_hi,
it is on a renaissance start with all but conquest turned off. Here is the save file and 2 screens. one with njagc on and one off. you can see the turn count change from 0 to 277. hopefully this is enough to go on. not the end of the world in any case.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=223277&d=1249270490
I've looked at this and I'm taking the discussion to a different thread ...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8379538#post8379538

I did change NoCustomAssets in my BUFFY folder from 0 to 1.

I'm also seeing this same fleeting message attempting to load my latest save from the G-Minor 78 gauntlet. I haven't changed my installation in any way -- no new mods, no changes to config files. I've loaded earlier saves from this game without any problem.

Anyhow, I've attached the affected save and squirreled off copies of my log files in case anyone wants to see them. Is there any way this game can be salvaged?

Attachments

• Zara Duqstab_580-AD_Aug-18-2009_18-02-31.CivBeyondSwordSave
    246.2 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom